Status: Active, but slow.

The Dilemma.

Reckless

I felt someone poking the side of my head, I just groaned and rolled over. The poking kept on. I was starting to get annoyed when all the blankets that I was using ended up on the floor along with myself. I looked up off the ground to Matt and Max standing over me smiling.

“Good morning! Glad you listened and didn’t sleep naked! There’s coffee in the kitchen.” I got off the floor and made a motion for them to lead the way. We got into the kitchen were everyone else was awake and happy looking. I was handed a cup of coffee. I smiled at Chris greatfully and slowly started drinking it. I looked around and saw my pocket book and the floor and got it.

“You can smoke in there I don’t care!” Max said as I pulled out my cigarettes. I walked back to the chair in the living room and sat drinking and smoking quietly. I ended up having to get up to get more coffee, two times. But god it was great coffee. I put out my last cigarette and finished my third cup of coffee.

“Ok, now I’m half way capable of forming coherent thought.”

“She speaks!” Max cried.

“I told you all yesterday, three cups of coffee and three cigarettes.”

“I honestly didn’t think you were being serious.”

“Serious as a heart attack.”

“Nice to know, do you want to shower?” Dan looked at me.

“Nah. I’m good. I’m just gonna go change.” I went grabbed my sweats out of one of my bags and went up to Max’s room, and locked the door before I started changing. I was dressed in a record three minutes before throwing up my hair into some sort of bun thing on the top of my head and went back down stairs.

“You are officially my new favorite person.” Chris said as I sat back down in the chair that I had been using.

“Why is that?”

“It too you not even five minutes to get ready. Most girls and Josh take like thirty minutes.”

“I do not!” Josh said as he walked in and sat down

“Whatever you say diva.” Matt rolled his eyes getting in on the conversation.

“Anyways.” Josh said “When does the bus get here?”

“In about an hour.” Max said as he came into the room fixing his shirt.

“Ok.” He jumped up and left the room pulling out his phone.

“What time is it?” I asked

“About 5 in the morning.”

“She’s gonna kill me for this.” I grabbed my phone and called Tina.

“Who?” Max asked.

“My best friend. I forgot to call her before I fell asleep last night and she’s probably freaking out right now.” I sighed as I walked into the kitchen which was surprisingly empty.

“YOU FINALLY CALLED!!!”

“Yeah, I know I was supposed to call before I went to sleep but I was exhausted.”

“Well, ok then. So how’s it going?”

“It’s pretty good right now, we leave in about an hour.”

“How are the guys?”

“They’re all pretty nice. One of them has the same personal space issues that you do.”

“What’s personal space?” She mocked.

“Exactly.” I laughed. “So, did you go back to Asheville or back home?”

“I’m in Asheville, I figured I paid for two weeks at that hotel I might as well use it.”

“Good idea. Go kill some hippies or something for me. I expect to see pictures of all your adventures.”

“Of course! I want the same from you. I want a picture from every show and every place your in.”

“Does that mean today too?”

“Of course! Get a really embarrassing picture of one of those bands guys.”

“I will not do that because I know you. You’ll post it on the internet.”

“I will do no such thing.” She scoffed.

“Yeah right. I’ll send you one later alright.”

“Call me again around like I don’t know a normal time tomorrow. It’s midnight here and I’m exhausted.”

“Alright. I’ll call you around 3 in the afternoon here so it should be about 10 there”

“Alright. I love you! Don’t kill anyone.”

“I love you! Kill some hippies.” I hung up the phone.

“Kill some hippies?” I turned around to see Max standing there with a really confused look on his face. To which I bursted out laughing.

“It’s a long story.” I said. He sat down on the stool next to me.

“We’ve got 45 minutes. You can tell it.”

“My mom, best friend and I had our trip to Asheville planned out since my sophomore year in college. The month after I graduated the three of us would spend two weeks there. We kept making a list of thing we wanted to do. The first thing my mom wrote on the list was “Kill some hippies.” It was the only thing she wrote on the list. She wrote it two days before she died. Now Tina and I say it as a joke just to be reminded that Mom always had a sense of humor even through all the chemo and everything.” I smiled at the memory. “I still have the list, it’s in my pocket book.”

“I have to see that.” Max laughed. I got up and brought my pocket book on the table dumping it out. Leaving my phone, phone charger, four packs of gum and cigarettes, several old pictures folded up keeping them hidden from view, several scraps of paper with stuff written on them, about twenty pens and pencils, and one wallet. I picked up my wallet and opened it going through several things I had collected that reminded me of mom and home. Then I found the list. I pulled it out and unfolded it.

“It’s the last thing on the list. So flip it over.” He flipped over the paper and laughed.

“You weren’t kidding when you said she wrote kill some hippies. There’s other really outrageous stuff on here.”

“Yeah, it was never really a serious list, just stuff we would do and get away with in a perfect world.”

“Go streaking through downtown?”

“That one was Tina. I refused to be a part of it. Mom was all for it though.” I smiled.

“Your mum was one in a million then.”

“You have no idea, I’ll show you pictures of the stuff we would get into later. It’d be hell trying to get the album out of my suitcase
now.”

“I look forward to it.” He laughed.

“What the hell is all that on the table.” Dan poked his head around the corner.

“Well, I was looking for something to show Max and it was easier to dump my pocket book out rather than dig for it.” I shrugged as Dan and Max started poking through the contents.

“So this is what’s in a girls purse. Mum never lets me see what’s in hers.”

“Well I’m sure what’s in mine isn’t what a normal girl would carry in hers, I know Tina has her camera, wallet, and a knife in hers.” I shrugged.

“Why would she carry a knife?”

“She visited New York one year and started carrying it while she was there. She hasn’t been out without one sense.”

“Wow.”

“Better than when she tried to start carrying around a gun. Mom and I got her talked out of that one pretty soon.”

“I’m now afraid to meet this girl.” Dan shuttered.
“Hey what are these?” Max asked as he picked up the folded pictures. They were of my brother and my dad. I grabbed them out of his hand.

“Those are private pictures.” I said as I put them in my wallet.
“What are they pictures of you naked?” Dan wiggled his eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes.

“No, I wouldn’t care if you saw those, if I’m going to be on a bus with you for 7 months it’s bound to happen sooner or later. Hopefully later. These are the only pictures I have of my brother and my dad. Tina hasn’t even seen them and that means you guys won’t either.”

“Oh. Sorry” Max muttered.

“About that mention of seeing you naked?” Dan said throwing his arms around my shoulder and winking at me. I pushed him away.

“Only in your dreams Daniel. Only in your dreams.” Max started laughing really loudly at this. I rolled my eyes and started putting everything back into my purse and then setting it on my suitcase.
I plopped back down in my chair. “Max! I’m taking this chair with me when I go back home!”

“Who says you’re gonna go back home?” Chris said as he sat on the arm of the chair.

“There’s this huge possibility, that the people at Kerrang were slightly brain damaged when letting me have this internship and my writings actually shit.”

“You do realize that we had say in who the intern was right?” He looked at me.

“You guys chose me?”

“Sure did. It was between you and some bird from Canada.” I nodded.

“Well, there’s still the possibilty that I don’t get the job because it’s not you guys who decied that.”

“Our opinion is factored in.”

“You’re not going to give me my dream of taking this chair away and forbidding my best friend it sit in it are you?”

“Nope.” He smiled at me. I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Bah! What time is it?” I asked.

“We leave in ten minutes so get up off your arse!” Max said as he pulled me off the chair. “By the way, you can’t have that chair.”

I pouted. “But I want it.”

“Not gonna happen. That’s my chair.”

“I haven’t seen you sit in it this whole time.”

“Because some how you always end up in it first.”

“Yeah, how come you haven’t yelled at her for that like you normally do us?”

“Can’t yell at a lady.” Max looked at Chris.

I snorted. They raised their eyebrows at me “Sorry, I’m just like the complete opposite of a lady.”

“You say this why?”

“Just wait. Give it a few days, you’ll understand.” I laughed at them.

“You are one strange person.” Chris said. Right then there was a knock on the door. Max ran to open it, there stood Catherine. She slowly started counting the people in the room behind Max, everyone but Josh was down here. She marched to the end of the hallway and yelled.

“JOSH GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE YOU ARE ABOUT TO LEAVE!!” I heard a door open and a muttered response

“I WILL NOT WAIT ONE MINUTE!” And then she disappeared I heard a door slam open and a scream and then she ended up pulling Josh down the hall by the ear.

“Now, that all of you are here. Get your shit and go get on the bus.” I laughed and told her yes mam and went to grab one of my bags before I was shoved out of the way and told to go to the bus.

“I can carry my own shit you know!” I huffed.

“Ladies do not do physical labor.” Max rolled his eyes at me.

“Telling you. I’m the opposite of a lady.”

“Just shut up and go out the door.” I mumbled under my breath and I went out the door following Chris down the stairs and to the side walk. The bus was out there. I didn’t expect a bus this big. I’ve seen band buses, been in Fall Out Boys for doing an interview for the college newspaper, I don’t know how they managed to get that interview, and why they put me in it but they did, even their bus this big.

“Your bus is bigger than Fall Out Boy’s.” I said to Chris.

“You’re shitting me right?”

“No, my freshman year as like an initiation I got the hardest job. Which was the biggest piece in my part of the paper, which was music. So I got chosen to do that interview, went on their bus. This one’s bigger.”

“Whoa.”

“Yeah.”

“You wanna go in first or me?”

“You go. I’m only the intern remember?” He laughed as he went into the bus and I followed him he set one of my suitcases on a couch, as Max walked in and did the same.

“So, do you guys want to do the hat again now, or just go with what we pulled last night?” Dan looked around.

“Let’s just go from last night. I don’t feel like writing down all those names again.”

“Whatever.” Josh said. I shrugged when they all looked at me.

“Guess that’s settled then. Rae and Max go pick bunks.” Dan said then as Max grabbed my stuff along with his. I groaned as he lead the way to the bunks. My home for the next 7 months. Joy. Tight confined spaces galore. I noticed the wall of fourteen or sixteen bunks two on top of each other all along the walls.

“Which one do you want?” Max asked.

“One in the back on top.” I said

“Does it matter which side?” He asked.

“Nah. Just put it in which ever.” He threw my stuff in to the one on the left. I climbed up there and started putting some shit in places, my computer, phone, phone charger. I got out my albums and sat them beside my computer right next to a picture of Tina, Mom, and I. I stacked my suitcases on top of each other at the end of my bunk and then just sat there for a bit. Listening to the guys talk and get their bunks how they want them. The second I went to grab my computer two curious faces popped up in my view.

“Whatcha doing?” Chris asked.

“Was about to go online, but now I’m talking to you two.”

“Well, we wanted to talk to ya.” Dan said.

“What about?”

“Something.” He said.

“Well then get up here you Idjits.”

“We can’t fit in there.”

“Then where are we going to talk?” I raised my eyebrows at them.

“Back longue. Just us.”

“Fine.” I sat my computer down and went to jump out of my bunk when Dan lifted me out of it.

“I can do things on my own you know!” I huffed.

“But it’s so fun to see you complain.” Dan said as he pushed me towards the room at the end of the hall way with bunks. Once in there he closed the door and locked it.

“So, what do we need to talk about?”

“Well, you mentioned your mom having passed, and we wanted to know if you were okay?”

I took a deep breath. “I’m fine. I miss her like hell though, but I know that she wouldn’t want me to be upset and stuck in a rut because she passed. If she knew that I did that, she’d haunt me. That’s what she told me the day she died. I know that she’s proud of me doing something with my life.”

“Good, we just wanted to make sure. We know what it’s like to loose a parent, but I can’t imagine the pain you’re going through not having another parent to help along the way.” Chris said

“I’ve always had my mom, she was the one constant. I never had a dad so when mom was at work or something I learned to take care of myself. I have Tina, she’s been there through everything. I have her, and I have work to focus on. I can do it without him. Have been for 21 years now.”

“Okay.” Dan said as he got up gave me a hug and left. Chris stayed though.

“You miss him though, even though you’ve never met him you miss your dad.” He said quietly.

“Yeah I do. But not as much as I miss my brother. Even though I’ve never met him, even though he doesn’t know I exist. I just want to say hi to him. Have a conversation with him. That’s it. He doesn’t have to know that we’re related. I just want to talk to him. It’d be nice to have a big brother at times. Times like when I was at the airport leaving, it would have been nice to have him there and to hear the words ‘I’m proud of you sis.’ Come out of his mouth. Yes I had Tina, but it was one of those times when I needed him.” It all came pouring out of my mouth without my permission.

“We can try to find him ya know?” He said.

“I want to so bad, but I’m afraid that I’ll get my hopes up and never find him, and through that my work will suffer. I can’t not kick ass at this job.”

“Well, okay then. But if you ever need to talk about anything. Come to me, I may not be your real brother, but you’re as good as family now.” He hugged me and pulled me off the couch, wiped the tears from my face that I hadn’t realized were there. “Just so you know, I’m sure he would be proud of you.” He opened the door and I went back to my bunk and climbed up on top of it and ignored my open computer and got out the pictures of him and my dad. I looked at them. I looked at their eyes, how he had Mom’s eyes. How I hold myself like Dad does. I put them back in the album instead of my pocket book. I’ll put it in the one of mom’s. I won’t show max that one, it was hers from before me with them. I closed it and then put it away before grabbing my other album and jumping out of my bunk looking for Max. I found him and josh playing fifa. It was quite amusing. I stood at the door watching them without them noticing I was there

“YOU’RE CHEATING!!!!” Josh screamed as Max scored a goal. This went on, one of them would score the other would claim cheating. Until the game was over and Josh won.

“DAY ONE FIFA CHAMP RIGHT HERE!!! He started dancing around Max, who was in the floor yelling.

“Hey Max.” I finally spoke up, his head threw up off the ground and josh stopped dancing and sat down.

“What do you want?” He said dramatically.

“Well, I was going to show you those pictures. But if you’re going to be rude I will just go someone else then.” He jumped up and pulled me over to the couch.

“Let’s look at some pictures.” He smiled.

“You wanna look at them too Josh?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

“Nah, I’ve gotta go make a call. Maybe next time.” He said as he got up and went upstairs.

“Well then, just us I guess.” I said to Max as I opened the book to the first page.

“Don’t worry about Josh, he’s a diva and has mood swings. But anyways what’s this picture?” He pointed to the picture of mom at the Charlotte Airport.

“That’s one of the only pictures of Mom by herself. She had just gotten off the plane and she asked some girl to take a picture of her. That girl ended up being her best friend, her names Olivia, mom and her went through everything together. And when I say everything, I mean it. They found out they both had a type of cancer, my mom had breast cancer and Liv had brain cancer, and even found out on the same day. They went to get screened for cancer once a year together it was just a thing they did. Liv died a minute before my mother did. They even had the same birthday. They were meant to find each other.” I smiled remembering all the times with the two of them.

“And this one?” He pointed to the one of mom in the hospital with me.

“That was right after I was born, 3 hours of labor for mom. She said she knew I was going to be a good kid because of that. She always told me I was going to look like my grandmother. My dad’s mom. And from what she told me, I do.”

“That’s pretty cool.” He said, I flipped a page. “What’s this one?” He pointed to the first picture of Tina and I.

“That’s the first picture Tina and I ever got taken together. We were neighbors but she had just moved in and we haven’t gotten the chance to talk to them yet. And we were both running to the bus for our first day of school. Mom went to take a picture of me, but Tina and I ran right into each other and fell on the ground. That’s what mom got a picture of.” I laughed remembering the moment.

“What’s going on up here?” Chris said.

I patted the seat next to me, “Join us. We’re looking through my mom’s old pictures.” Chris sat down on my other side.

“What’s that one?” Chris asked pointing to the last picture on the page.

“That was Tina and I on our first day of senior year of high school. We had gotten matching shorts and the same shirt but in different colors. It was a tradition for us to match on the first day of school. We were about to leave in my jeep. She ended up running into me and we fell over again. Just like in kindergarden. So Mom took a picture of us on the ground after.”

We spent a few more hours at this, with Matt and Dan joining us soon after Chris did. They enjoyed some of the stories that went with the pictures, like the one of mom and I skydiving on my 18th birthday. It was about three and I was getting up to put my things away.

“Do you have any more pictures?” Max whined grabbing on to my arm from where I was getting up.

“Not that I am willing to show. Some things stay private.” I shook his arm off and went to my bunk and called Tina. We talked for a while about everything, I told her all about my day, the talk with Chris, the picture time with max and the boys. Everything. She told me about her plan for the day was, going shopping, making fun of hippies, enjoying the different place.

“I’m going to go shower before I head out. I love you talk to you later.” She hung up before I could say anything. I lay back in my bunk curling up on my side and pulling my blanket over my head. I didn’t realize how exhausted I was until I laid down. I was thinking about who ever it is that has the same eyes as Max. I know who it is, I just can’t think of who it is right now. I pushed that away from my mind and just lay there I was asleep in a few minutes.
--
Max.
--
“I swear to God that she reminds me of someone” I said to Josh as we were in the front lounge.

“I don’t get it. We’ve listed almost anyone we know and I still have no idea who she would even resemble mate.” He shrugged.

“I’ll know it when it’s the last thing on my mind.”

“Maybe something’s supposed to happen there.” He wagged his
eyebrows.

“I don’t think that’s ever gonna happen. Even after only knowing her for a short while, when we were looking through those pictures. If felt as if I was finding out about my family.” I sighed.
--
Josh
--
God I wish I could tell him, but I can’t. I want to tell her as well, but I can’t. I can’t break that promise I made only months ago. His dad would kill me.
--
Rae
--
I woke up to three voices argueing outside of my bunk “Let her sleep dude! She’s still got jet lag like fuck.” Some voice, Chris I think, said.

“But we’ve got food for her” Dan possibly whined

“Just let her sleep and tell her when she wakes up.” A voice that sounds a lot like Max.

“No need to argue anymore. I’m awake cause you people talk ridiculously fucking loud. I pulled open the curtain to find those three standing outside my bunk.

“Well then, you have food.” Dan smiled at me. I rolled my eyes and went to jump off but Chris and Max both took one of my hands as I jumped.

“Can a woman not do anything on her own anymore?!”

“NO!” Chris, Dan, Max, and Matt all yelled.

“Well then.” I huffed as I pushed through the three Idjits to get my food. “Which ones mine?” I stood in front of the bags of food.
“The one with lady written on the top.” Matt said as he walked by me to get up the stairs and ruffled my hair.

“When you guys figure out that I am not a lady, I will laugh.”

“Whatever you say Rae.” Dan rolled his eyes as he grabbed the box with “Lady Rae!” written on it and handed it to me and then grabbed his own food.

“You have 7 months with me. Just remember that.” I said as I plopped down on the couch thing and spread out across it and began eating my food. Oh a bacon cheese burger with only ketchup. Nice choice.

“You know maybe other people wanted to sit on this couch too.” Chris said as he looked at me. I just lifted up my legs. “And what are you doing?”

“You can sit and let me put my legs on your lap or go find somewhere else to sit.” I shrugged. “Doesn’t matter to me either way.” He sat down and I threw my legs over him, he sat his food on my legs.

“Your legs are now my table. Thanks for that yeah?” I just rolled my eyes at him and continued eating.

“LADY RAE! I THINK YOUR PHONES RINGING!” Matt yelled from upstairs.

“BRING IT HERE, I’M A FATASS AND NOT GETTING UP.”

“LAZY BINT!” he yelled back and I heard him get up and soon he appeared with my phone that was ringing. I took it out of his hands and looked at it. It was only a text message from Tina. I opened it and looked at it. It was a picture of her and a ‘dead hippie.’ It said “May or may not have paid this guy at a costume shop to dress up like a dead hippie so I could say that I killed a hippie. So I killed a hippie for you!” I started laughing. I got strange looks.

“What?”

“Why are you laughing?”

“My best friend ‘killed a hippie’” I put air quotes over killed a hippie.

“Wait what?!” Everyone but Max shouted, he laughed.

“Just kidding, she paid some dude at a costume shop to dress up like a dead hippie so she could send me a picture of it. It’s a long story.” I laughed. They just gave me weird looks and went back to their food. I sat there for a second to respond, I then took a quick picture of Me, getting Chris in the background with a mouth full of food, I typed out “Here we have the wild Chris Miller, guitarist of You Me At Six, in his natural habitat eating what all band members do, fast food. Will send updates on other wild band members in their natural habitat at a later time” I laughed and then sent the message to Tina.

“What you laughing about?” Chris looked at me.

“No reason. Just talking to Tina.” I laughed some more as my phone buzzed with Tina’s reply.

“Nice hair on that one.” I smiled and told her to wait till the segment on drummers in their habitats. She then freaked and wanted to know what he looked like. I sigh and got up off the couch going to get my computer. Once back down stairs, I pulled open my email, left it there for after what was coming as soon as I sighed onto skype. And then it started ringing.

“Be warned, She’s loud.” Was all I said before I answered Tina’s call.

“RAAAAEEEE!!!!!!! I MISSSS YOOOOUUUU!!!!!!” She screamed. Which made everyone else on the bus jump.

“Who the fuck was that?!” Max said from the floor where Dan had pushed him.

“Told you Tina was loud.”

“OH it’s her! What’s she look like?!” HE got up and pushed me out of the seat and took my computer.

“Can I have my best friend back now?” I asked.

“Not until I say hi” He stuck his tongue out at me “So HI! I’m Max!”

“Can I have her back now?”

“Yup!!” He smiled and handed me my computer.

“Please excuse the brain damaged guitarist with personal space issues.” I smiled at Tina.

“What’s personal space?” Both her and Max said.

“That’s it! You two are never meeting. Ever.”

“That’s not fair!” She whinned.

“I’m not chancing this whole bus blowing up. And anyways should I make the other ones say hi to you?”

“Do it!”

“Chris, scoot closer and say hi.” He did so and waved at her, she waved back and giggled.

“Dan.” Before I could even say his name he sat down beside me

“HI I’m Dan! I’m convinced your best friends a lady, and you scare me.”

“Did you tell him about the knife?” She muttered.

“Well, it was brought up in conversation. As was when you tried to carry a gun.”

“Why must you embarrass me?”

“I do not embarrass you, I just told Dan and Max, though Chris knows cause he’s in the room too. So I’ll just tell everyone about you carrying a knife.” I shrugged.

“I hate you. Now there are two more I have to cyber-meet. I do have google you know.” I rolled my eyes and got off the couch going upstairs for Matt.

“Matthew! Josh!” The both stuck their heads out of their bunks, Josh’s was across from mine, huh. “Come here for a second, my best friends crazy and wants to meet you.” They grunted and jumped down while Tina was mumbling something about not being crazy. Once they were beside me I put the camera on them. “Josh waved at her, and smile. You look like your dying.” He did so. “Matt, wave.” He did so.

“Matt you look Asian!” She said. His face turned red and he went downstairs screaming

“I’M NOT ASIAN!” Josh acutally laughed, first time I’ve heard him do so.

“Anyways yeah that’s all the people. I’m going to set you on my bed for a second while I climb up there.” She nodded and I sat my computer on my bunk and set to climbing up.

“Need some help?” Josh asked from his bunk laughing at me.

“Nope. I can do it myself.” I said as I tried, and failed to climb up again.

“If you say so.” I got up off the floor, stuck my tongue out at him and went to try again. “Real mature, Rae real mature.” I got up this time

“HA! I DID IT ON MY OWN SO SUCK ON THAT!” I yelled, soon after Max and Dan ran up to the bottom of Josh’s bunk while I was getting situated for a long conversation.

“You let the lady do something on her own?” They look appauled. Tina snorted.

“You guys actually think she’s a lady? I thought you were joking.”

“Nope. She’s a lady, isn’t allowed to do things on her own.”

“Yeah, well she’s a full grown person so I figured she’s went this long doing things on her own, you two trying to change that fact won’t do you any good, though might get you hit.” Josh said and he put headphones and pulled his curtain back. Something he said bothered me but I’ll talk to tina about it once they leave.

“So, you two are great and everything, but please do leave me be so I can talk to Tina in private. Like leave up here?” I smiled at them.

“Why aren’t you making Josh leave?” Dan whined.

“JOSHUA GET YOUR ASS UP.” I yelled. Nothing happened. “He can’t hear me so he doesn’t matter right now.”

“Fine, meanie! I will get you back for this.” They walked away and shut the door to the bunk area.

“Anyways, sorry about them. They’re a lot to handle.” I smiled at Tina.

“So cut to the chase something’s up.” She said.

“Well first off, I swear to god I’ve seen Max’s eyes somewhere else. Like someone really close has the same color and shade of eyes and everything. But I just can’t think of who and what Josh said, I mean I have no problems with the guy, he stays to himself from what I can tell, he’s polite to me. But when he was like ‘risk getting hit’ how the fuck did he know that if I’m pushed far enough I hit people? No one but you and mom knew that?! She said that’s how Dad was. How would he pick up on that? Just urgh!” I screamed into my pillow.

“Well, first off. The thing about Josh, according to google he has a sister so that may be how he can tell.” She shrugged. “And adding on to the topic of him, get on that girl!”

“TINA! No! Just no!”

“If not him, that one with the grade-a bone structure get you a piece of that fine British ass.”

“OH MY GOD TINA!!!! No! Not any of these guys.”

“Riggghhhtttt.” She wiggled her eyebrows. “Anyways, about Max, you’ll figure it out sooner or later just don’t let it bug you.” We talked for a few more hours about anything. “But I have to depart I have a nice date.”

“Of course you would.”

“I love you.”

“I love you,” and she hung up. I looked at the time, it was around 1 in the morning. I rolled off my bunk, knowing I was going to land in the floor. And I did so, with a loud thump and a groan. Josh stuck his head out of his bunk.

“You meant to do that right?” He asked.

“Yupp, they can’t yell at you for not helping me.” He nodded and disappeared again. I lay on the floor just thinking. Then I realized I was hungry. I got up off the floor and went down stairs to the kitchen area and found some peanut butter and a spoon. I took it back upstairs and set it in my bunk before I climbed up there and got up on the first try again. I sat there, opened my email and sent a quick message to Catherine about an idea Tina and I had about my articles. It’s about portraying the band members like a voice over actor for animal shows would do it. To give it a comedy feel to it, after sending that to her I closed my laptop and got out a book and started reading. I was tired soon after and just put the lid back on the peanut butter, closed my book and went back to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter up! w00t for me!

Also, yeah cause I'm a bit weird. I dedicate this chapter to unsuspecting victim; and alextmarshall for their recommendations and extra special thanks to alextmarshall for commenting c: