But You Still Have All of Me

nine.

“But you have to tell us!” Mikey whined when I told them that they’d have to wait.
“I think I’d rather keep it a surprise.” I grinned. I hadn’t actually thought of an exciting way to tell them, so I just wanted to keep them in suspense as long as I could. “It’ll just be another four months or so before you’ll find out. You can handle that, can’t you?” I tried to keep a straight face.
“Are you kidding me? NO! I need to know now.” He pouted like a child.
“My brother’s going to have a tantrum if you don’t tell us, you know that right?” Gerard laughed. Mikey shot him a dirty look.
“Aid, we just wanna know whether we’ve got a niece or a nephew on the way.” Ray smiled. “Are you really going to make us wait that long?”
I smiled back, trying to hold back laughter. Mikey’s fit was too amusing, and as mean as it was, I wasn’t sure I wanted it to stop. “I think you’re all capable of waiting.”

It was only a few more minutes before I gave into Mikey’s puppy dog pout.
“What do you guys think of the name Lily?” I smiled shyly. I loved saying it out loud. For the last few weeks, I had been contemplating names for both sexes, and had finally narrowed it down to two names for each gender. I hadn’t shared my ideas with anyone. Ideally I would have shared this with Frank, and since he couldn’t be here, I thought the guys would be the next best thing.
“A niece?!” Mikey practically squealed.
I nodded my head as confirmation.
“That’s amazing Aid.” Gerard smiled.
I could hear a mumbled “Damn it” from Matt, and Mikey’s look of excitement was temporarily dampened when he realized he’d just lost money.
“I need to know what you guys think of the name though, I know it seems silly, but since I can’t make the decision with Frank, I need your help.”
The guys all got a bit more serious, but the mood didn’t seem to change. Everyone still seemed very happy from the news, even Matt and Mikey who had bet I was having a boy.
They all seemed to nod their approval to this name, but Gerard was the only one who spoke. “Smashing Pumpkins?” He smiled sadly.

I bit my lip and nodded. I wasn’t sure what to say. Lily had been my first choice for a girl’s name. I had immediately thought of it based on Frank’s love for the song by The Smashing Pumpkins. Another name I liked, even though it was super strange was Vanora. It was a Welsh name, but I really loved it. I knew however, that this name wouldn’t fly well with anyone, so I stuck with Lily and hoped that the guys would like it.
“It’s perfect Aiden.” Ray finally spoke.
I blinked back tears and felt a wave of relief crash over me. “Thanks Ray.”

***


Dinner with my parents was great. I told them of the name I’d chosen, and they approved. My father had already decided that my old room, which had become my mom’s crafting room over the years since I’d moved out, would become a room for the baby when we visited. He thought it would be a nice option for me so that if I wanted some time to myself, they could babysit. I was super appreciative of their thoughtfulness. My mom assured me that in the weeks to come, we’d keep busy by going and buying all the necessities for the baby. I couldn’t wait to have everything that was needed, I’d feel more relief once I was ready for her arrival.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if these last few have sucked. I've been distracted I guess. Please hang in there though, there will be more real soon.

love love,
-jenn xoxo