But You Still Have All of Me

one.

1992

It was my 12th birthday party and all my friends were there; Ray, Mikey, Gerard, Frankie and Matt. They were my only friends.

As it came time to blow out the candles on my cake and make a wish, I thought quickly of what I really wanted. As the last candle on the cake went out, I smiled as I looked up from my cake to meet his beautiful eyes. I had been friends with Frank my whole life, and I had had a crush on him for as long as I could remember. He and Gerard were my two best friends and I always told them everything. I still hadn’t told Gerard about my crush though, that would be humiliating.

When it was time for everyone to leave, Frank ran up to me while I was alone.
“Hey Aiden, umm I didn’t get you a present, but I sort of wanted to give you this.” He leaned in close, and kissed me. My first kiss, my wish had come true.
“Thanks Frankie.” I said quietly while blushing.

“You’re welcome, I hope you liked it.” He smiled, and blushed as well before turning and leaving.

Two months later Frankie and I started dating. It was the first relationship either of us had had. We were young, and everyone had thought it was funny that we took ourselves so seriously.

1997

It had been 5 years, and Frank and I were still together. We had proved to most by this point that what we had for each other was much more than puppy love, it was the real deal. We stayed close with our group of friends. I knew by this point that I’d be with Frank for the rest of my life. I couldn’t imagine it any other way.
A year and a half later, in my first year of college I got really stressed out while at school and had a complete meltdown. In the end, Frank stayed with me, even though I didn’t think I deserved him. He had been amazing through the whole situation. Nothing could tear us apart. He had kissed my tears and most of my pain away. He was never bitter about any of it either. He was always there, always asked what was going on, if he could do anything. He never stopped loving me, even at my worst.


Just the way I would never stop loving him.

2004

It had been 13 years since Frank and I had started dating. We’d had some fights sure, but nothing significant to push us apart. The love we had for each other grew more every day.

The boys had started a band up a few years back, and by this point they had released 2 albums. I had been so proud of them. For a while, they were gone on tour and it was hard to be away from them all, but I always got through it.

They had come home in time for Frankie’s birthday, and I took advantage of the time I had with him before they left again. We went for a walk that night, ending up at an old cemetery that we had frequented in our youth. We had found this place so peaceful and beautiful that we kept coming back. We always made our way to the same spot at the center, to sit under an old willow tree.

“Happy birthday Frankie.” I nearly whispered, pulling him in close and kissing him.
For a few moments he continued to kiss me, stopping to rest his lips against my forehead. “I love you Aiden.” He brought his arms up, and wrapped them around my shoulders, holding me even closer.

We didn’t stay there for very long, it was a bit too cold and I hadn’t dressed quite warmly enough. Once back at my apartment, we cuddled up together, just enjoying each others company. I didn’t want my time with him to end. In no time at all, we were tangled together, skin on skin. I needed to have him as close to me as possible, the way I’d had him so many times before.