‹ Prequel: Never Alone
Sequel: Stay
Status: Completed.

The Space Between

Something that you were sure we'd never remand.

"When are you going to talk to John?" Kelsey asked as the pair looked at the pregnancy test on the counter.

"I'm not. There is no reason to."

"Jenna, it may be negative but you need to talk about what would have happened if it would have been positive."

Jenna shook her head as she threw away the test.

"There is no point. We just need to be more careful."

"You aren't going to bring this up to him? Did you forget Kennedy knows?"

"Kennedy isn't going to say anything."

Kelsey groaned, "Jen, you have to tell John about this."

"Why? So I can freak him out?"

"No, so you can know if you were to ever get pregnant he would be ok with it."

Jenna shrugged as she quickly brushed her teeth.

"Fine, but when this leaks out and it blows up into another fight don't say I didn't warn you." Kelsey grumbled as she left the bathroom. Jenna sighed and sat her tooth brush down. She knew she needed to, but she was just scared to. Then again, it was John. She knew if anyone could handle it well it would be him. At least she had time to think about it before he came home.

"John, settle down." Garrett chuckled as he watched the boy grab up his bags anxiously.

"Dude, I'm ready to go home. I miss Jenna." John stated honestly as he impatiently waiting on the others to grab their things so they could leave the airport.

"Even though she's been acting weird." Garrett added and John shrugged, "I'll find out what's going on."

"Right." Garrett chuckled as they walked out of the airport.

"I will. She can't lie to me. Hell, she can barely lie in general."

John's brother Shane was waiting outside to pick them up and it didn't take long to pile everything in.

"Drop John off first. I'm sick of him talking about Jenna." Garrett stated and John rolled his eyes. He really didn't mind being the first though because he did in fact miss her.

He said goodbye to the guys once out of the van and he headed to the door of his house with a sigh. He was glad to be home.

"Jenna?" He called out once he walked in. He dropped his bags by the door and before he knew it he was being tackled by the girl. He chuckled and picked her up, hugging her to him.

"Miss me?" He asked into her hair and she simply nodded taking in the smell of him for a moment. Once she raised up he crashed his lips to hers.

"Glad to be home." He mumbled before pulling back with a smile.

"Yeah pretty glad your home as well."

He went to grab his bag and she shook her head, "Just leave it. I'm just going to empty it into the washing machine."

"Mhm. So I can have pink stuff again?" He teased and her mouth fell open causing him to laugh his way up the stairs.

"Fine. Do your own laundry." She said following behind him.

He chuckled as he fell onto the bed.

"Oh man. I've missed this bed." He grumbled his eyes shutting immediately. He was just glad to be home, in his own bed, and Jenna by his side again.

"Ladybug." He spoke turning his head to look at her as he held out his hand. She sighed and stepped over to him, letting him pull her onto the bed.

"I was kidding. You can wash whatever you like. It amuses me to watch you try to be a little house wife."

She glared at him and his crooked grin hit his lips as their eyes met.

"Go back on tour." She grumbled and he laughed wrapping his arms around her so she couldn't get up.

"I love you."

"So much you're mean, huh?"

"I'm just teasing you baby." He whispered, raising up to kiss her gently.

She sighed and laid against his chest. His fingers running into her hair repeatedly.

"I'm exhausted." He whispered and she spoke, "You can go to sleep."

"Going to stay here with me?"

"Yeah." She got out as she shut her eyes. She did miss this that was for sure.

The pair ended up taking a two hour nap and when Jenna woke it was to John trying to slid from the bed without waking her.

"Where are you going?" She mumbled stretching, not bothering to sit up.

John chuckled, "To the bathroom. I'll be right back."

She nodded and it wasn't even five minutes later John interrupted her almost sleeping state.

"Jen, what's this?" He asked and her eyes opened to see him looking pale as he held up an empty pregnancy test box. Jenna sat up trying to breathe normal.

"Jenna..." He repeated and her eyes met his.

"I'm not pregnant." She finally said and his tease body seemed to relax.

"Then why is this here?"

"Because..." She started, trying to debate on just telling him the truth or lying.

"Because I thought I was." She got out and John's eyebrows narrowed together, "And you didn't find it necessary to tell me?"

"No because I wasn't so I didn't think it was a big deal."

"Not a big deal? Jenna. Yeah, it is a big deal! We need to talk about this."

"I thought we were now..."

John rolled his eyes and tossed the box onto the dresser.

"Whatever." He grumbled before leaving the room and Jenna sighed before forcing herself to go after him.

"John..." She spoke once in the living room.

"No. I really don't want to talk anymore." He grumbled opening up his laptop not bothering to look at her.

"John. Seriously. I don't want to fight. We haven't seen each other in days."

He slammed his laptop shut and looked up at her, "Well, then tell me whatever you're trying to tell me."

Jenna sighed, "I don't know what you want me to say. I thought I was because I got sick the other day while Kelsey was eating so she made me take a few pregnancy test."

"A few?"

"Yeah because she got two and one said yes and one said no and then we went and got another one..."

"So are we even sure of the damn things?!"

Jenna shrugged, "I've felt fine since then..."

"Jenna for fucking sake!"

"This is why I didn't tell you! I didn't need both of us to freak out! But chill out, I'm not pregnant! Your life isn't ruined!"

John glared at her before speaking, "This is what you think? That I would be pissed because you were pregnant? Freaking out because my life would be different? Really, Jen?"

She crossed her arms and he shook his head, "Did it ever cross your mind that I just want to know what goes on in your life? That maybe if something happened like you possibly being pregnant I would want to know about it because I love you?"

She didn't dare respond and he continued, "No, it didn't, huh? Because you always assume the worse. Especially when it comes to me and I just don't understand why."

"I do not, John. We just have never discussed something like this happening and so yeah it freaked me out."

"Jenna, all you had to do was call me!"

"And say what? Oh hey. What's your view on children because guess what? I might be pregnant!"

John shrugged, "That's better than leaving me in the dark!"

Jenna rolled her eyes and John moved from the couch and stood in front of her.

"Jenna." He spoke softly as he cupped her face, "If you were pregnant, I would be shocked, yeah, but I would also be ok with it. You forget that I love you. That means what ever happens I will be here for you no matter what."

She looked away from his gaze feeling a bit guilty now and he kissed her cheek gently.

"The idea of you and I having a baby actually excites me and I would have no problem one day having kids with you."

Her eyes met his and he grinned softly, "I wanna marry you and have children with you and grow old with you."

She threw her arms around his torso and he leaned in to kiss her.

"You have no reason to ever be nervous to tell me something, Jenna."

She nodded and he kissed her, "I love you."

"Love you too and I'm sorry."

"It's ok baby. On a serious note, you should go to the doctor and just make certain."

"I know." She whispered and he kissed her forehead, "I'll go with you if you want."

"No, it's ok. I just think I've stressed myself out."

He pulled her to his chest and kissed over her cheek.

"Don't. It's gonna be ok baby." He cooed nuzzling her hair, "Calm down."

She relaxed in his arms and he rubbed her back gently.

"I've missed you." She whispered into his shirt.

"Don't worry. I'll be here for a while, ladybug."

John held her to him as his mind raced over what just happened. It truly meant what he said. Yeah, he'd be a nervous wreck, but it was Jenna. He would push that aside to calm her down and tell her it'll all be ok because in reality it would. He would take care of her and their baby regardless of the situation.

"I guess I should call my doctor."

"No, do that tomorrow, love. There is no rush and I missed you." He whispered kissing down her face.

"Let's not worry about anything right now." He added and a grin hit her lips, "Ok, if you say so."

"I do. I've spent too long without you and I just want us to spend time together."

"Ok." She whispered looking up at him and a crooked grin hit his lips.

"Are you feeling ok now?" He asked bringing his hand to her cheek.

"Yeah." She mumbled and he brushed his thumb over her skin, "Promise?"

Jenna nodded and he held onto her tightly, "I'm here now and I'll make everything better. We will figure everything out. Whatever that may be."

"I'm not pregnant, John."

"Ok, I know this, but you still need to go just to be certain."

She sighed, "Now let me worry about that."

John chuckled, "There is nothing to worry about! What's the worst that could happen? You being pregnant? That is not the worst thing in my book."

Jenna watched the boy sit on the couch and flip on the television so calmly as if they were discussing the weather. She didn't understand how he could be acting like this. Then again, she really didn't know what to expect from him in this situation. She always just assumed it would be the opposite of how he was being now.

John grabbed her hand, pulling her down beside him as he rambled about something she was unaware of. Her mind was too filled with thoughts at the moment. She laid her head on his shoulder as he absentmindingly played with her hand.

Jenna wasn't sure how she had managed to be with the two greatest guys in the world. First Eric, now John, but what she did know was that she was extremely lucky to have John right now. Maybe the boy was right afterall. Everything happens for a reason right? She just needed to learn how to look at the current situation like that as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
I mean I guess they are out of rough waters... ;)

Thanks for the comments;
Bandslutprodigy
ImFromMars
Lovelyhope
Hipsterism
A-book-of-you-and-me
Dhfadhfa
MedicatedDreams
Just breathe
:)