‹ Prequel: Never Alone
Sequel: Stay
Status: Completed.

The Space Between

There could be one again.

"Yo." Pat said as John opened the door and he stepped aside to let the 4 boys in.

"Where's Jen?" Kennedy asked and John shut the door before sitting on the couch, "Do you guys come over to hang out with me or her?"

"Me." Jenna said as she came down the stairs and John rolled his eyes.

"Her." The four guys spoke in response causing everyone to laugh.

"I'm easier on the eyes, O'Callaghan." Jenna responded patting John's cheek as she walked by the couch. John rolled his eyes, "Must be it."

"And cooler." She whispered sitting beside Kennedy who chuckled and patted her leg, "How's it going? Sick of John yet?"

"Sick of me?! I should be sick of her! Everything white I own is now pink!" He defended.

The boys chuckled and Jenna shot him a look.

"Keep it up, I think you'll be on the couch." Jared stated snickering.

"Bullshit."

Jenna looked at the blonde boy with a raised eyebrow and Garrett laughed, "No. I know that look and your ass is couched."

John looked over at her unsure exactly what to say. He didn't want to give up first but the look she was giving him made him question the seriousness of the situation.

"Am not." John challenged.

"Mhm. Well, guys want pizza?" She asked getting off the couch and Kennedy chuckled, "Definitely."

She nodded and went to the kitchen causing all the guys to look at John.

"Is she serious?" He asked looking at Garrett with a raised eyebrow now a bit nervous and Garrett laughed, "Guess you'll find out."

"No I don't want to find out. I remember when she got mad at Eric." John said seriously and Garrett chuckled, "Learn from his mistakes my friend."

"Jenna is pissed at me." Eric said with a sigh as he fell onto the Nickelsen's couch next to John.

"Why?" The boy asked with a chuckle.

"Because, I told her that half her shit is in my room!"

"Uh, yeah, but half your shit is here so..."

"I didn't say that was a problem, just that you know, she needed to put it in one place!"

"You're an idiot..." John said through his laughter, "And where is your stuff?"

"In a drawer..."

"Mhm, because of her?"

Eric shifted in his seat, "Maybe..."

"Oh yeah. You deserve this one."

Eric whined, "It was blown out of proportion!"

Before John could speak the noise at the top of the stairs made the boys eyes look over to see Jenna with a arm full of things.

"Here you go Eric. Maybe you should take your shit home with you." She said dropping his things onto the floor and he groaned, "Jenna! What the fuck?! You are blowing this way out of proportion!"

"Am not. It's taking up room. Just like that stupid guitar." She said and John covered his mouth in order not to laugh as Garrett stood at the kitchen door with wide eyes.

"It's not a fucking guitar!"

"You're right! It's not because you couldn't play something worth listening to!"

John was now hunched over laughing into his hands as Eric sat there with his mouth wide open.

"You're being an asshole!" Eric finally shouted up the stairs.

"Yeah well at least I'm an asshole with a non cluttered room!" She shouted back.

"I fucking swear. The bitch is crazy!" Eric grumbled before stomping up the stairs yelling about the girl leaving his bass alone.

John was in a fit of laughter as Garrett sat down slowly, "What the hell..."

"It started over fucking clothes. Relationships amuse me."

"Oh yeah? Just watch, ten minutes they will be ok." Garrett said turning on the television although the arguing of the pair upstairs could still be heard.

Once the arguing died down John looked over at Garrett who made a face, "Yep. They're going at it now."

"What? I can't hear it..."

"Not in the yelling sense, you idiot. As in something I don't want to imagine my sister doing."

"Oh!" John said laughing in amusement, "Eric's got game! Who knew?!"

"Ugh." Garrett said shaking his head in disgust and maybe fifteen minutes passed before Eric came back down the stairs with a daze like expression and a cheesy grin.

"Things ok?" John asked with a smirk.

"Oh uh. Yeah man." He responded falling into a chair as he tried to fix his hair.

"Does this happen a lot?" John asked and Eric raised his eyebrows, "What?"

"You arguing."

"Nah, not really. Bummer actually."

"Wait...did you do that on purpose?" John asked with a raised eyebrow causing Eric to chuckle, "I don't know why you'd assume something like that, John."

"Oh my god. Eric just became my hero!" John shouted and Garrett groaned covering his ears, "Excuse me while I go vomit." He stated as he quickly left the living room.

Eric chuckled, "So what if I maybe antagonize it a bit..."

"I mean, does she not sleep with you now or something?"

Eric chuckled, "No, she does. Just, make up sex is way better."

"I cannot believe Mr. I'm in love, does that."

He laughed, "What? She's already mad! So why not make it benefit me?!"

"Unbelievable."

"I love her so that makes it ok." He responded with a smile as he relaxed in his seat and John couldn't help but laugh once more at the whole situation.


John got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen where she was leaned against the counter.

"Babe..." He cooed wrapping his arm around her waist. Even if she was jokingly mad at him he didn't want to take the risk. It bothered him too much.

He kissed down her neck and she rolled her eyes although he couldn't see.

"Don't be mad at me. I'm joking." He whispered against her ear.

"Got to act tough in front of your friends, huh?"

John rolled his eyes, "No. Don't try and fight with me, Jenna Nickelsen."

She didn't respond and he turned her to face him. He brought his hand to her cheek his fingers sliding into her hair softly, "I love you."

"I love you too." She mumbled and he pecked her nose, "Can I still sleep in the bed tonight?"

She nodded and he pulled her closer, "Can we do other things in the bed tonight?"

She rolled her eyes and shoved him lightly causing the boy to laugh, "I was kidding! Well, sort of..."

"Walk away John." She said with a grin and he chuckled grabbing her waist and pulling her in until their lips collided.

"Yeah lets just kick everyone out and get down to business." He said his grasp on her tightening.

"John..." She giggled and he smiled before kissing her and pulling her up until her legs went around his waist.

"What?" He breathed against her lips and her arms went around his neck as she kissed him without question. He pushed her against the counter as his tongue came in contact with hers. Before things could get much further a clear of someone's throat made them part immediately.

"As much as I'm sure you two are enjoying this, the delivery guy is here." Kennedy said with a smirk before walking away leaving Jenna blushing insanely.

"I hate you." Jenna mumbled as she pushed away from John who just laughed, "Baby..."

"Shut up."

"What?! How come I get blamed for everything?! I didn't tell you to kiss me back!" John said following behind the girl.

Jenna ignored him and walked to the door where the guy stood waiting for money.

"Sorry, apparently all these slackers around here can't pay for pizza." She said flashing the guy a smile as she grabbed her wallet.

The young guy chuckled and John stepped up, "Here." He said pulling his wallet out.

"I got it." Jenna responded and he shook his head, "Uh no I do."

"I don't think so."

He sighed before grabbing her wallet from her and throwing it over to Garrett causing the boy to jump from the unexpected gesture.

Jenna's mouth fell open and the pizza boy laughed as John thanked him and they exchanged the money for pizza boxes.

"I mean really Jenna?" John asked as he shut the door and she ignored him as Kennedy handed her the wallet carefully.

"For fucks sake she's going to make me buy every fucking thing today but no, pizza is out of the question." He said sitting the boxes on the table.

Pat watched the girl intently waiting for her to snap on the boy. He had witnessed her snap on Garrett enough times to know the look she had was leading up to it.

Instead Jenna ignored him and sat in between Jared and Kennedy as John went to go get plates for everyone.

"Oh man. Silent treatment. John is in some shittt." Jared said singing the last part causing Pat to giggle.

John ignored his friends as he handed them plates. He held out one for Jenna and she crossed her arms, "Oh sorry, I'm not certain who bought that. I'll pass."

He rolled his eyes and dropped the plate on the table, "Fine."

"Ok, this was not how we imagined our night going...if we wanted an awkward situation we'd go sit with Jared and his never ending fights with his girlfriend." Garrett stated.

"Hey!" Jared defended and Kennedy nodded, "Right. Your place is a safe haven. We figured it'd be along the lines of..." He started to say only to cut himself off.

"Along the lines of what?" John asked slowly.

"Of you know, how it was when she was at Eric's 24/7 and we'd all go over there..." Kennedy mumbled rubbing the back of his neck uncomfortably. He knew how John felt about being compared to the boy.

John stifled a laugh, "Yeah well, no one is as great as him now are they?" He grumbled dropping his plate onto the table before stomping up the stairs.

He wasn't necessarily angry over him and Jenna's pretend argument, but that was a low blow even if Kennedy didn't mean it like that. He needed to stop letting simple things get to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, basically I feel like this story is going to focus on John a bit more. I feel like he had a lot of insecurities in the first story that were never really addressed and now that they are living together and Jenna is comfortable in their relationship, they're going to start surfacing...anyways!

Thanks for commenting;
Hipsterism
Multi colored ranger
Dzsinidzsoni
:)