Status: Might end up doing a sequel at some point..don't know yet though..enjoy :)

Starstruck

Dress Rehearsals

Alex’s POV:
We got woken up in the morning by our mentors, today was the first stage practises before Saturdays semi-final.
Jess couldn’t be bothered to dress up in anything fancy so she put on some Trackies, a strap top and Niall’s jumper.
I on the other hand wore jeans, a nice top and a cardigan; I like to make an appearance.

Jessica’s POV:
Cheryl decided that I was going to be singing ‘Next to me’ by Emile Sande, and Alex was going to be singing ‘Someone like you’ by Adele. We all took it in turns practising on stage, and our vocal coaches.
Alex’s rehearsal was going really well so I walked off to practise with my vocal coach. After half an hour she told me to go on a break so I went and sat at the Judging Panel to watch the others perform. After the first performance my phone rang, I looked at the ID and it was Niall. I walked outside to answer it.
“Hey babe, I need to talk to you, is now the wrong time?” he asked when I didn’t reply
“Oh no, now’s fine, I’m on a break actually. What can I help you with?”
“Well, it’s about our tour dates…” he sounded worried.
“What about them?” I started to expect the worst.
“Erm…we leave tonight…” I heard him drift off towards the end of his sentence.
“WHAT? What do you mean you leave tonight? How long have you known this for?” I felt tears welling up in my eyes.
“Only since this morning, I’d of let you know sooner if I had the chance, but I didn’t so I couldn’t”
“Oh, well how long for?”
He whispered something that I didn’t quite hear.
“What did you say?”
“A month…" he sounded really upset
“Oh…” I tried to say something else, but I couldn’t. I knew I was actually crying now and I had a lump in my throat.
“Please say something, babe please”
“I…I don’t know what you want me to say” I managed to get out.
“Just anything, are you mad with me?” He asked sheepishly
“I don’t know… I don’t whether to be upset that you’re going on tour for the rest of the competition, or to be annoyed that you’re waiting until now to tell me that you’re leaving tonight” I looked down and stared at the ground, my vision blurry.
“Please babe, it’s not my fault I promise, look listen…”
I heard footsteps approach me from behind and turned around to see Alex stood their looking concerned.
“I’ve got to go Niall, I’ll talk to you later” I hung up the phone and wiped my eyes.
“Jess…what’s up?”
“Niall’s going on tour…”
“Right, what’s so bad about that?”
“For a month”
“Well it’s not that bad, you’ll still be able to see him before you go right?” she came and sat down next to me on the floor.
“No, he’s leaving tonight, and he swears blind that he only found out today…”
“Oh honey, I’m sorry” She put her arm around me gave me a hug.
“It’s alright…any way I’ve got some rehearsing to do”
“Go to the toilets and sort yourself out first babe, you don’t want people pestering you do we?” She smiled at me sweetly, stood up and walked to the door.
I got up a few minutes later and headed towards the toilets to sort myself out. Once I was sure I had stopped looking like I’d been crying I headed back to my vocal coach to rehearse some more for Saturday.