Status: Ideas come in spurts. Slow...

One Day, Robots Will Cry

Hipsters Take Themselves Way Too Seriously

The following day was Thursday; Gabe got off of his bus empty-handed. Gabe Saporta wouldn't be caught dead carrying a book home.

As he passed friends standing outside, he greeted them with a small, but effective handshake. He went inside the building that was originally built for education, but turned into a drama-infested social building. The halls were empty as of now, the cafeteria was full though. Gabe sat down at his normal table.

Pete Wentz, the coolest kid in the "scene" was the main attraction, along with what you could call his followers; Lacey, the hot scene girl with a different hair color every week, Andrea the poser that everyone secretly hates. Then there were the ones Gabe dug the most, Alex who thinks he's the coolest one at the table, Ryland with his "split personality", Nate who doesn't care for much but his gorgeous guitar, and Victoria who pretty much keeps them all in line.

"Anyone seem William?" Gabe asked glancing around.

"He hasn't come in yet," Andrea replied a little to quickly for any one's taste.

Gabe sighed.

"Hat off, sir," A teacher said to Gabe.

Gabe took off his black hat and rolled his eyes.

"Problems?" Pete asked him.

Gabe shook his head, "No just tired." Was he letting it show?

"Where's your smile?" Alex asked pointing to his own face that had a ridiculous grin on it.

Gabe stared at Alex. "You're such a douche."

Alex dropped his hands. "Gee, Gabe, you don't have to be such a dick."

"Eh, sorry..." Gabe said slouching.

"What's your problem this morn'?" Lacey asked.

"I said I was tired, chica..." Gabe said.

"Your never this tired, lighten up," Pete said.

Gabe sat up straight. "Is that how I come off to you guys? I mean, am I honestly so happy all the time that the one morning I'm tired everyone thinks I hate them?"

"Uh, yeah," Victoria said.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

Gabe sighed, slouching again. What the hell is wrong with me? Showing emotion...

Pete stood up and nodded for Gabe to come with him. Gabe followed him out to the hall.

"What's your problem, man?" Pete asked as soon as they were alone.

Gabe opened his mouth to speak but, couldn't find the words. "I think, I'm...I mean I am falling for someone that I shouldn't..."

"Who?" Pete asked, "I have never seen you like this over a chick."

"That's just it," Gabe muttered.

Pete lifted an eyebrow, "Explain..."

Gabe sighed, "Keep it between me and you, alright?"

Pete continued looking oddly at Gabe, "...Okay."

"I kissed William yesterday."

"What?!" Pete exclaimed.

"Yeah, yeah. Shut up."

"That's it?"

"Yeah, now keep it quiet," Gabe said lowering his voice.

"So, you kissed him? Did he not want you to or something?"

"No, no, he kissed me back, visto bueno." Gabe said quickly glancing around.

"Then you're acting weird why?"

"My reputation, alright?" Gabe exclaimed, "Shit, dude."

"Come back to us people on Earth: NOBODY GIVES A FUCK IF YOUR GAY!" Pete exclaimed.

"Come on. What part of 'Shut the hell up' don't you get, amigo?"

"Nobody cares," Pete said, "Girls go ga-ga over it and most guys that aren't gay themselves keep their distance or don't give a shit! Your gay, so what?"

"Stop using that word..." Gabe said.

"What word?"

"Gay," Gabe said, "I'm not gay."

"So, your bi?"

"No!" Gabe practically yelled, "I'm not gay or bi," he said lowering his voice, "I don't like dudes, okay? I like Will."

Pete shook his head. "No one cares if you like Will."

Gabe looked down, "Yeah, ask Brendon and Ryan about those hardcore kids that harass them."

"So there's the occasional jerk?"

Gabe laughed, "You just don't get it."

The bell rang, and kids began filling the hallways.

"Party Saturday, you in?" Pete asked.

"You know it, compaƱero." Gabe replied.

"I'll pick you up," Pete said going down the hall.

Gabe threw up a peace sign at Pete as he turned the opposite way.

He found William already at his locker and smiled at him. "Good morning, gorgeous."

William smiled back, "Thanks." He blushed.

Gabe opened his locker. "I hate fucking biology," he spat., "no, I just fucking hate Mr. Wright."

"Bitchy much?" William asked.

Gabe laughed, "A little."

"Yo, Gabe, you going to the party Saturday?" Travis asked passing in the hall.

"Hell yeah," Gabe nodded. "You want to go with?" he said towards William.

"No thanks..." William replied.

Gabe pouted, "But, why not?"

"Because, the last time I went to a 'party' it wasn't a party at all it was 'let's all get drunk and act like fucktards'."

Gabe shrugged, "So, we're getting is out of our systems now that way as adults we can function normally."

"Yeah, you think your dad didn't drink during high school?" William said.

"Well, maybe," Gabe said shutting his locker.

"And look, he still does!"

"Not the point."

"Actually, yes, that was the point," William said as the two headed to the class they had together.

The room was close to silent. The teacher sat typing and expecting the class to be reading, except most of the class was sleeping or texting.

Gabe passed William a note:

Just go to the party, plzzzzz!

No! No! and NO!

: (

I'm not going.

Fine, I guess I'll shut up about it.

Good. Don't hold it against me, alright?

Shiiiit. I'm G-A-B-E. I do what I want when I want.

More like, B-A-B-E.

: D Yeah, I'd do me too.

Yep, I'd totally tap that.

Ooh, yeah. Will-gasm.

William tired to keep himself from laughing. He wrote back: You got that on my face! I'm blind in my left eye now thanks to you.

Gabe grinned and attempted to write back: Yeah, sorry, bad aim.

"Is something funny, Mr. Saporta?" Mr. Wright asked.

"Not at all," Gabe replied.

"Do I need to make a call to your father?"

Gabe shook his head.

"I have to treat you all like middle schoolers. You're sophomores in high school. Grow up," Mr. Wright began, "I would expect this kind of behavior from freshman maybe..."

"Oh, shit..." William whispered, "you started a speech."

Gabe put his hand in the shape of a gun to his head. "Bang," he muttered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = updates.

I hope you enjoyed.