To Me You Are My Life, My Soul Companion

The Concert and the Confrontation

(FF to December 23, 2007.)

"Janet, I don't get what the big deal is. Why won't you just tell me the name of the damn band?? I promise I won't make any comments!"

That's right, Janet was basically making me go to some mysterious concert and for whatever reason, won't tell me who it is.

She pulled me out the door and told me to go wait in the car. I sighed and walked to the car and waited for her to come back out with Jeff.

*Janet's POV*

Today is gonna be great, I can just feel it!! I already filled Jeff in on the plans and, oddly enough, he agreed to help. . .but I think he's only helping to get a free ticket. He just walked in the door and threw the mail down on the counter, while dully stating, "Mail's here."

I grabbed the envelopes and yelled, "Thank you, Captain Obvious!" as he walked down the hall. That guy seems too emo sometimes.

Anyway, I decided to just ignore him and look through the mail. Bill. Junk mail. L.L Bean magazine. JC Penny magazine. Bill. Bill. Wait, a bill with a big red important stamp on it. Hmm, I guess I should look at this?

I ripped the envelope open and was completely shocked with what I saw. It was an eviction notice. The government or whoever's in control of that kinda thing is kicking us out of the house?! I read further down the paper and saw that it said something about 'payments being way overdue' and 'if we dont leave by choice, they can use force?'

That can't be right, when I know that I sent all those bills in! Those damn post offices are so unreliable and now we're supposed to find a new place to live just like that?! How the hell is that gonna happen?? Oh well, today is a big day, and we can worry about this crap later.

It's time to leave for the concert! I grabbed Jeff and we ran out to the car where Sammie was waiting. "Let's go!!" I declared as Jeff turned the car on and drove off toward the Palace. And the best part is Sam won't even see this coming.

*Normal POV*

Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love concerts, even if it's for a band that I don't know. But, now we've arrived at the Palace and it's a pretty popular venue. So, wouldn't I have known who was gonna be here? Well actually, the internet has been down and electricity has been going in and out lately, so that could explain my lack of knowledge in the concert world.

We were instantly lost in a crowd of kids all ages dressed in black; of course, Janet, Jeff, and I easily blended in. Janet insisted that we shove our way to the very very front, and we did. I only did because that's close to the mosh pit. About 30 minutes later, the lights dimmed and smoke covered the stage. I wonder who this is?!

Then, a large metallic death-bat with glowing red eyes comes down and people start walking out onto the stage. Wait a minute, don't even tell me that Janet brought me to an Avenged Sevenfold concert?! I looked around for a way out, but with all the people that they packed in here, there really wasn't much of a choice.

Lights turned on the stage turned on to reveal, just as I suspected, all of A7X and guess what, Synyster ended up being right in front of me. I tried not to look in his direction, but when I heard that they were starting out with a new song, I had to look over there and he caught my stare.

I swear I saw his face turn extremely happy, happier than I've ever seen it. After that unusual moment, it seemed that he was different. He started to move around on stage way more and he interacted with the crowd and put so much effort into the solos that usually seem as easy as breathing to him. It was very weird.

But still, their music kicks ass, and regardless of the fact that Janet tricked me and I was met face to face with Synyster again, I found myself singing along, moshing, and head-banging. I hate to admit it, but it was actually kind of fun. It was my first official A7X concert, ironically.

Once they announced the last song they were going to play, 'Seize the Day,' I prepared myself to leave. I'll give Janet credit for getting me here without me even knowing that it was Avenged Sevenfold but there's no way that she can make me go backstage and talk to them.

And even with the remote chance that she does get me back there, I swear I won't talk. Well, sure enough, between her, Jeff, and the security guards, I didn't really see much of a chance of getting out of here. And it looks like I won't be talking for another hour.

We walked back behind the stage and down the hall. I followed the others, making sure that I was always generally in the back so if need be I could always just ya know, run away. The guard opened one of the doors and showed us inside.

As we walked in, the Rev had just dunked Johnny's head in a bowl of punch and then Zacky started laughing hard and then Matt looked skeptically at the bowl saying, "Uh, you won't see me drinking that anytime soon. . ." and that of course made Zacky laugh even harder.

I scanned the room, looking for Synyster, and I didn't even really know why. Why was I looking for the one person I was trying to avoid?? The Rev looked up and saw that we had arrived and that in turn caused everyone else to look up, and they still couldn't see me, so Janet took the liberty of introducing herself. "Hi, guys, I'm Janet, and this is my twin brother Jeff, and. . ." her and Jeff stepped aside at the same time, completely unexpectedly, revealing me. I could see all of their eyes get big and smiles start to slowly form on their faces.

But before anyone could actually say anything, Val came walking into the room, saw me and then ran over while screaming and hugged me really hard. "Oh my God!! Sammie, is that really you?!"

I laughed a little and said, "The one and only."

Zacky then ran over and said, "Ahh, my lifesaver! You've finally returned!"

I backed out of the hug and said, "Not really. I was kind of forced to come. . ." I glared over at Janet who smiled innocently.

I was then basically tackled by everyone else and still no Synyster. Wait, why am I complaining?! They all tried to get me to talk about how my life has been, and instead of saying nothing, I exaggerated a bit and made it sound like I was living the life. . .not really, though.

Janet picked up on that fact and looked over at me with a weird expression on her face. "Uh, I wouldn't go that far Sammie. . .you see, there's something I haven't told you yet." Everyone's attention went back over to her.

She began to play with the frayed edges of the strap on her messenger bag. "Uh, well, today in the mail there was this letter, or actually a notice and it basically said that, um, if we don't leave within 2 days, they'll take all of our stuff and sell it to make up for the rent. . ."

My eyes grew big - I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. Why did she have to say this in front of all of them?! I knew something bad was going to happen when I noticed Matt exchange glances with the guys.

"That's really terrible," Matt began, "You know, we're finishing up our tour, only about 7 more venues. . .and our bus is pretty big. . ." Oh God, please don't say what I think he's going to say!

". . .so why don't you three come on our bus with us and then we can have a moving truck send your things back to my place?"

I think I felt my heart sink and fall out of my chest. There's no way I could move back in with them again!