To Me You Are My Life, My Soul Companion

Falling Into This Puddle of Blood

*Normal POV*

I followed Brian out to the front yard to his Mustang with the top down. "Wow, I didn't know this was a convertible!"

"Uhh surprise?"

We both got into the car and he started to drive toward the beach. . .I've never really been to the beach at night, so this should be exciting.

As I leaned back into the car, I remembered that first night that I met Brian when Adam and I moved into Matt's house. I actually started laughing.

"What's so funny?" he asked while smiling a little.

"Oh, nothing, I was just thinking about how I think the last time I was in this car was that night that you and Zacky took me to go see Adam at the hospital and just how different we are toward each other now."

"Again, sorry about that one. You know. . .I even thought you were hot then."

"Oh really? If you would have told me that that night, I might have laughed at you."

"Yeah, I thought so. But you thought I was hot too, so you don't have an excuse either!"

"But that was because you were the hottest guy in my favorite band, and to be honest, I never would have ever thought that I would actually be with you. . ."

He held onto my hand, "Well, for what it's worth, I'm glad that I got to meet you, again, and I'm never going to let you go."

We arrived at the beach just in time to see the sun setting in the sky. "I love it when the sky gets all purpley and orange when the sun sets!" I exclaimed. The way the rays of light spread across the waves just was so awesome, I couldn't look away.

"I knew you would like this. And then once the sun sets, we can make a wish on the first star we see ok?"

I rested my head on his shoulder and said, "But I already have all that I need, I have you."

I looked up into his gorgeous chocolate brown eyes and felt some kind of force pull us together as he fell back into the sand and I laid on top of him, both of our eyes closed, and our lips came together and we were inseparable. Is he going to ask the question now? The sun is just about to set. He stood up, and helped me stand up too. He took my hands in his and said, "Sam?" This is it!

"Yes?"

". . .are you ready to go back to the car? There's somewhere else I want to go." My smiled faltered a little

"Oh, sure!" So, we walked hand in hand back to the car and then he drove off to the next destination.

*Val's POV*

"Ok, is everybody ready? C'mon, they left forty minutes ago! Zacky if you don't get down here, we're leaving without you!"

We all started to file out the door and then Zacky came running down the stairs, nearly slipping on the rug in the foyer. "Present!" he shouted.

Janet laughed as he came up behind her and she said, "You're not in school, silly!"

"I know, I just felt like saying it though."

We got in the car and drove off to the park that park where Sam went through hell from these guys back in high school. You might be wondering why Syn chose to purpose there? Well, it's simple. Once Sam left, and he thought she wouldn't be coming back, all he could talk about or think about was that night back in high school and what he should've done to prevent it. I think he's doing it there because he knew that that was once Sam's favorite place to go when her parents would fight or if she wanted to be alone. He wants to prove to her that he's going to help her erase all those bad memories and mistakes by moving forward and marrying her.

To be honest, I think it's pretty romantic. Matt sped down the road, because we knew we had to get there first so that it doesn't look weird that we'll be hiding in bushes. As soon as we got settled, we could see two figures approaching it was them!

"Zacky, do you have your camera ready?" Melissa asked anxiously.

"Of course I do!" he even held it up to prove it.

*Alex's POV*

"Dude, why are you still at my house?" I asked Brandon once he finally woke up around 4 pm after spending all night here.

He sat up and looked around at his surroundings to confirm to himself that he was still in fact at my house.

"Uh, you don't look too good Brandon," I said, as I noticed that he was really pale and clammy.

"I don't feel too good either. . .I had this really messed up dream and it had something to do with Sam something bad was going to happen to her."

"Why would you be dreaming about something bad happening to Sam?"

He shrugged, and thought back over his day yesterday, I guess. Suddenly, he said, "There was this one chick that came up to me randomly when I was on my way over here and was asking a lot of questions about Syn and Sam, so I told her that he was proposing to her tonight!" There's no way that could've been Michelle, right? I had to be sure though.

"Did she had like umm highlighted light brown hair. . .hazel eyes. . . and kind of a pointy nose?"

Brandon thought for a minute and said, "Yeah, dude that's her! Who is she?" This wasn't good.

"Brandon, that was Michelle. . .Synyster's ex-girlfriend. Did you really tell her that they were getting engaged tonight?! Shit, I think your 'dream' might have something to do with all of this. We've gotta go find them!"

"Wait, how do you even know where they are?"

"Trust me!" We both ran to the car and I sped off toward the park. That would've been my first guess as to where Syn would purpose. I just hope we make it in time!

*Normal POV*

"Wow, this is the park, isn't it?" I asked as I looked around.

The playground area where everything took place was just beyond the trees. It was a good thing I couldn't see it completely. Why would he bring me here of all places? He could tell that I was a little uncomfortable.

"Sam, I know that this place might be a hard place for you to be at, I. . .I just wanted to bring you here because, well, because I have something important to ask of you, and I think that if you say yes, that 'yes' will bring us together and get rid of the past and focus on the present. I want to forget about all those mistakes I just want to be with you, my soul companion, my life."

I could feel a couple of tears come to my eyes. . .but not sadness, in happiness. He really does love me. He reached into one of his pockets and pulled out a shiny diamond ring. I gasped...I couldn't believe this was truly happening! He bent down on one knee, took my left hand in his, looked back up at me and said, "Samantha Marie Hartman, will you. . .marry me?"

I let some tears slip and smiled the biggest smile I could. At first, I didn't even think that I would be able to speak, but I managed. "Y-yes, of course, Brian Elwin Haner, Jr, I will marry you!"

He smiled back at me, slipped the ring on and stood back up wrapping me in a hug. I wanted to hold onto him forever and never let him go. "I love you so much!" I told him.

"I love you more!"

We shared a laugh and suddenly, there was a noise in the bushes nearby, causing him to look up. Before he could react to what he saw or I could ask what was wrong, a loud, eerie sound fired through the air and sharp pain entered my right shoulder. It continued to flow to the front of my body and warm liquid started to flow down my back. I felt myself slowly begin to fall to the ground, as if time was slowing down.

I saw everyone jump out from behind the trees screaming and running toward me and I think I even saw Alex and maybe Brandon in the distance. Brian stared at me with horror in his eyes.

Just before I reached the ground, he jumped down and caught me. I landed in his arms on my shoulder hard. I could feel more blood oozing out and my heart began to quicken its pace to pump more blood. It dripped down my body and I could hear a very faint sound of it dripping into a new puddle. . .a puddle of my own blood. My entire chest was getting heavy and breathing was becoming a pain.

I didn't realize it, but I was sobbing and breathing heavily. My vision was blurring and I could barely even make out what Brian was saying to me. I held my left hand over my wound and the last things I saw was blood splattering on the beautiful diamond ring and Brian's petrified expression. My eyes slowly closed and I fell into unconsciousness, presumably due to blood loss. The world finally began to move again and all I could see was black....