To Me You Are My Life, My Soul Companion

Sad and Confused

I ran down to the basement where I heard guitars playing. It must have been new material because I didn't recognize it. I flicked the lights back and forth to get their attention. I made my way down the rest of the stairs and saw that the Rev was asleep on the floor, Johnny was playing video games with Matt, and Syn and Zacky were having a guitar face off. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked annoyed at first, but when they saw the look on my face they changed.

Matt ran over to me and asked, "Sam, what's wrong?"

"Um, the hospital called and said that my, my brother is there. He was in a fight and has a broken nose and arm or something like that. Why did he have to go, Matt? He usually never drinks! Why am I asking you this?"

Matt ignored the last part and said, "From what I heard from your mom on the phone, you guys were moving out of a house that you have for like six years, right? So, he obviously hated leaving the house behind and probably didn't want to bother you with any more problems so left himself?"

I took in what he said, for a tough, muscular lead singer, he had a sensitive side. I nodded and said, "Yeah, I guess you're right. Can you give me a ride to the hospital?"

Before he answered, I heard Syn yell from the background, "Why can't you drive yourself?"

I went over by him and took his guitar and threw it on the floor, it didn't break though damn it. "Because jackass, Adam has my keys and my car! Any other stupid questions?" He just pushed me out of his way and picked up his guitar.

I turned back to Matt and he had a bad look on his face. I sighed, "What?"

"Well, I can't drive you, I've had like 10 beers. I can barely stand. Johnny can't because he...oh crap!"

We both looked over to Johnny who had just thrown up all over the carpet. Before Matt ran to clean it up, he had the look again and said, "The only driver available is Synyster."

I couldn't believe it. "Are you serious?!"

He just nodded and then ran to clean up Johnnys mess. Great, just great Syn rolled his eyes and got off the couch. Zacky noted the tension in the room and said, "Uh, I think I better go with you guys, or else you might kill each other on the way there." He high-fived Syn and followed him upstairs.

I still kind of stood there in shock and then slowly made my way upstairs to his car outside. It was a black mustang. nice car. He got in the driver seat and Zacky sat up front, forcing me to go in the back. The way to the hospital was so quiet and I couldn't stand holding back tears and fears, so with time, I fell asleep against the car window.

Once we were almost there, Syn saw that I was asleep and decided to blare some heavy metal music. This made me jump and he was laughing uncontrollably. "Glad to see that I can make you so happy, not."

He just shook it off and the two boys followed me to the receptionist. "Hi, I'm Sam Hartman. My brother Adam is here for a broken arm and bloody nose, from a bar fight?"

"Ok, go to room 221. Your brother should be fine, don't worry."

I nodded and then walked up to the room. Right now, even though it was late, they were doing some kind of operation on his nose and casting up his arm, I guessed so that he can go right away tomorrow.

I leaned against the glass window and saw my brother lying there, helplessly. Syn leaned against the wall behind me and Zacky ran for the bathroom because there was a lot of blood. I could feel some free tears falling from my eyes. I just hated to see Adam in pain. Us two always got along so great and never really fought, through thick and thin. He was my best friend, hands down.

I wanted to look away. But where could I look? At an empty hospital waiting room, black hallway, or Synyster Gates, one of the people that I hate the most right now, definitely no. As much as I cried while looking at Adam, I felt I needed to stare to make sure those doctors do everything right and don't mess up. A few moments later, a nurse came over and gave me some tissues and a clipboard to sign for Adam's release tomorrow. I continued with my mission.

*Synyster Gates POV*

As soon as we got to the room, they were already operating on Adam. I saw Zacky run to bathroom he hates seeing a lot of blood all at once, poor dude. I didn't feel like sitting on the cold waiting room seats, so I leaned against a wall. I saw Sam walk down; she decided to lean against the window looking into the room. It was quiet in the hall, and even though she didn't want me too, I heard her crying a little. Why would she be crying? I mean he just has a broken arm and nose. Chicks can be way too emotional sometimes.

After moments of silence, a nurse came over and had Sam sign something. I saw her sign her name Samantha Hartman. Hmm, Sam Hartman, that name sounds so familiar...like I've heard it before! But who is it? Oh man now this is going to bother me. She didn't move from her position against the window at all. Why was she so sad? I mean they said that he is going to be ok, its not like he's going to die.

My thoughts were interrupted by my cell phone vibrating loudly. Sam looked over at me, I guess because it took me so long to answer. "Yeah?" I say into the phone knowing that its Shadows. "Uh-huh, yeah were all good haven't killed each other yet. Um, yeah well be home in 20 minutes. Later."

*Normal POV*

It took forever for Syn to answer his phone, like he was in a different world or whatever. When I heard what he was saying, I knew that it was about me and that I would have to leave my brother's side. But, they weren't in charge of me. I could stay here all night if I wanted to, right? Wrong.

Syn came over to me and said, "Shadows says that it's time to leave. Let's go find Zacky." He turned to walk away, but noticed that I wasn't walking away with him. "I said lets go!" He said raising his voice a little.

"Yeah, and I am an adult. I don't have to obey you!"

He smirked and said, "Yes you do because I am older, stronger, and in charge."

I shook my head no and turned my focus back to my brother while saying, "Ok, well boss, tell Shadows that I want to stay here tonight and then I'll come home with Adam tomorrow morning."

He came over to me and made me look into his brown eyes, "No. I'm definitely not your messenger boy, only delivery. I'll say it again: let's go."

When he saw that I didn't respond and try to move away, he lifted me up and threw me over his shoulders. "What the heck, Syn? Put me down! I said that I wanna stay!"

I pounded on his back, but he didn't even feel it because he's so strong. We found Zacky in the main waiting room near the lobby and he just laughed when he saw us. Syn laughed too and put me down. I tried to run back to the room, but he caught a hold of my arm and dragged me out the door and threw me into the backseat. I buckled up and just stared out the window without saying a word listening to the boys meaningless conversation. I sighed to myself and fell asleep again.

Once we were home, I felt some poking on my side and saw Zacky poking me and Syn making loud noises to wake me up. I rolled my eyes and pushed my way past Synyster Gates and into the house. The only one up was Matt; it was already 1:30 am.

"What are you doing up, Matt?" I asked.

He turned around, surprised at first, and then replied, "Oh hey, Sammie! How's your brother?"

I smiled, "He'll live. Thanks for the concern. More than what these two idiots showed me." I pointed to Synyster and Zacky pushing each other playfully as they entered the house.

I gave Matt a hug and said, "I'm going to bed and I think you should too, you look exhausted! Night."

He smiled and hugged back, "Yeah, yeah don't worry I was just up waiting for you guys to get home. And night!"

I went into the connected bathroom and changed into your pajamas cause I was too tired to take a shower anyway. I let my hair out of the tail holder and brushed my teeth then headed over to my bed. I put the new MCR CD into the boom box on the shelf next to my bed and relaxed as I heard Gerard's voice flow from the speakers. I wonder why Synyster wasn't in here yet, not like I really cared, it just seemed weird.

I was half way asleep when he burst through the door. He leaned over me, practically crushing me, to turn off the music. I rubbed my eyes and jumped when I saw him on top of me.

"Ugh, Syn get off of me! I want to listen to my music and sleep is that too much to ask?"

He got off of me and put the CD back in its case. "Yes because this is my room and therefore its my rules." He looks down at the CD "I know these guys. They're pretty cool dudes."

I lifted your head off the pillow and said, "Great. Do you want a medallion or something for that? C'mon I was listening to that!"

He put it on the dresser and said, "Well too bad. Every night I have to listen to my guitar practice for new songs to hear what needs to be fixed so deal with it. And it's not like it's torturing music or anything."

I laid back down and said, "That's what you think. I'd rather listen to good music like what I had in, thank you."

His guitar playing now flowed out of the speakers and I had to mentally admit that it wasn't too bad, but I wasn't going to say that to him. He sat on the edge of my bed and said, "I know that you don't mind listening to this."

"Yeah? And how exactly do you know that?"

"Because, I read it in your journal under your bed. [Imitates girl voice] 'Oh I wish that I could meet A7X someday. I love all of them so much, especially Synyster Gates. I love his mad guitar playing skills and I wish that I could see him play something for me.' Thats what it said! Ha! I knew that you liked me, you were just being mean."

He just looks at me and I know that I have ten shades of red spreading across my face. I can't admit that I like him when he's been such a jerk to me. But then again I can't just forget about how amazing he looks, even if he is a jerk.

I punched him and said, "Well, that was written like a year ago, I didn't know that you were such an asshole! And, hey, what were you doing reading my diary?!"

He just shrugged like it was no big deal and said, "And you know that we might hate each other, there might be something more than that here."

He winked and turned the volume down a little. I fell asleep to his amazing guitar playing and the mixed feelings of confusion, happiness, and anger.