To Me You Are My Life, My Soul Companion

You're in a Band?!

After finally forgetting yesterday's events, I was glad that it was Saturday, cause Saturday always meant band practice with my five piece band called 'Resounding Chaos'. I am the lead singer, Adam is the drummer, AJ is the bassist and screamer, Michael and Jordan are the guitarists and I also play keyboard on songs that involve it. I hadn't seen them in a couple weeks due to work and moving and it would be good to meet with them again.

Before they got a chance to knock on the door, me and Adam were waiting at the doorway. I hugged all the guys and figured that me and Adam would surprise them with A7X when they woke up, it would be a really good joke. I helped the guys carry in some things and was pleased to see that the avenged boys left their instruments downstairs and told the guys that they could use those instruments. Luckily, they didn't notice that they were playing Zacky and Synyster's personalized guitars.

I plugged everything in and it was Adam's turn to pick the song lineup, usually consisting of two of our songs and two remakes. He chose to start with Avenged Sevenfold's 'Chapter Four'. The guitars began the intro with the guitar and drums. I didn't know if it was because we were playing with their instruments or if we were really getting to be good, but it sounded just like the real version.

When it came to the singing, AJ screamed M. Shadows part like on the CD and I sang the regular part (how they are both sang at the same time). Although my voice didn't sound like Shadow's it was a nice change to the song. I got to the favorite part of the song where I sang my heart out:

Raise your head and taste the courage (the one of light)
Fall from grace, unholy night


Halfway through the song, I heard footsteps coming quickly down the basement stairs. I kept singing but looked up and waved at the boys as I sang the end of the chorus and let AJ handle the screaming toward the end. The Rev and Johnny looked like they were lost, Matt looked amazed and Zacky and Syn looked pissed that someone was touching their guitars, but lightened up when they heard how good the band sounded and that they didn't thrash around with them or whatever. I finished the song with

Far away in this land I must go
Out of the sight of the one
A punishment sent from His hand
A hardship that no one should no
Now go out of the sight of the one


The guys stared with their mouths agape and the boys in the band put the instruments down and turned around to see A7X staring at them in awe; after seeing this, they had them same faces as A7X and me and Adam began to crack up.

Michael came by me and said, "S...since when did you live with Avenged S-Sevenfold?"

"Uh, like 3 days ago. Me and Adam thought it would be funny to surprise you guys by waking up the guys so you can see how they really are."

I went over to say hi to the Rev, while Adam turned all the amps off, Michael and Jordan talked with Zacky and Syn, AJ chatted with Shadows about screamo, and Johnny fell back asleep on the couch.

"So, since when were you in a band, Miss Sam?" Rev questioned.

"Um, we've been together about a year now. We have practice every Saturday morning and do two cover songs and two originals. Sorry to wake you up though, I just wanted to piss off Zacky and Syn!"

We laughed and he said, "No, it's ok. It was a nice wake up call I think. You guys sound just like us. Maybe its because you stole our amazing instruments!"

"Or maybe we're just really good. We love doing your songs, they're so good!"

"Oh thanks. I get that a lot."

I playfully shoved him and then after laughing for a while he said, "You know, you shouldn't get so mad at those two. I mean, feel bad for us we've had to live with them for the past three years! They just love pranking and laughing. But Synyster isn't usually like that; he's just been through a rough time the past couple of weeks..."

The Rev trailed off not wanting to say too much. I nodded in understanding. Ha! I knew that he couldn't really hate me

"Well, I'm gonna go back to bed. I still have a major headache from last night. See you in a couple hours?"

"More like a couple days!"

Just as he got to the top, I saw him flip his finger. I walked past Shadows and he gave me a high five and mouthed good job, and I mouthed thanks back to him. I went over to the couch and checked out the guide on TV when you felt someone sit down on the cushion next to me. I looked over to see Zacky. He smiled and I smiled back. He's actually really nice by himself

He began to bounce up and down when I stopped on Fuse because they were playing 'Seize the Day'. I looked at him funny and then he said, "What? I love this song so much!"

He began to fake cry, causing me to laugh and then he broke his cover and laughed too.

"You and your band were really good. But next time, don't use our stuff, ok?"

"Thanks, and whatever. Clearly, nothing was damaged."

I realized that that statement was probably coming from Synyster anyway. After about an hour, the Rev, Johnny, and Zacky went back to bed, the guys from our band including Adam went upstairs for brunch, and this left me alone with Matt and Synyster. It was really quiet, not that I was complaining.

I continued to scan the channels, but became bored and yet too lazy to get up, so I fell asleep on Synyster who was also dozing off. Matt seized the moment to get out a camera and take a picture of us two lying with each other, since it rarely happens. I, surprisingly, felt really comfortable and happy in Syn's arms.

*M. Shadows POV*

After picking something to watch, I glanced over to see that Syn was spread on the couch and Sam was lying right next to, if not, on top of him. I thought that this was such a rare moment that I ran to go get a camera. I jumped down the stairs and was relieved to see that they hadn't moved an inch. I quickly wrapped their arms around each other and, to my surprise, they held on to each other like they wanted it. I knew that they liked each other no matter how much they try to hide it.

I clicked the button on the camera and watched the white light flash on their faces. I couldn't wait to see their reaction. But first, I had to hide the camera so they wouldn't try to take it. Then I turned up one of the amps near them so it would only seem loud to them. I started to play the opening riff of 'Beast and the Harlot'.