Vengeance University

Chapter Fifteen

"I'm sick and tired of everybody thinking they know what's best for and, maybe I'd wanted me to be nothing special. I'm past the point of breaking and I'm not sure if I'm a-gonna make it. I'll keep this game from breaking as long as you believe," I sang quietly to myself, headphones in my ears as I laid on my stomach, doing an assignment for Brian's class.

He was still a little upset with me for knowing about Headmaster Baker and Sarah and not telling him, but I'd decided that if he wanted to be a little baby about the entire thing, it didn't matter to me. Sure, I didn't want him to be cold to me for the rest of the semester, especially if it would effect my grade for the course. That and I still had my fettish for him at that point and it didn't seem to be going away anytime soon.

I felt what I did was justified; Sarah was my friend and there was no need for me to betray her trust in me because of a guy, let alone a guy who was my teacher. That and I wasn't a part of her intimate relationship, therefore it was not my place to say anything about their relationship to anyone.

I laid there on my stomach, my anatomy coursework spread out on the mattress before me as I kicked my feet back and forth slowly, the end of my pen between my teeth. This entire dilemma was something I tought about frequently and it tended to distract me from my schoolwork, which was a real pain. As if the pressure of being in a university weren't enough, I had everything else under the sun to help stress me out even more.

I sighed and decided that since it was a nice day, Id go for a walk around the grounds to try and de-clutter my mind. Maybe a little fresh air might do me some good. So I got up, setting my pen down and slipping on a pair of flip-flops. I locked the dorm room behind me and then set off down the hall. The entire time I'd been here, I'd never really took into notice how big the university really was. It was always crawling with people, so you could literally almost always be with at least one other person at all times. Despite that fact, I actually found it very easy to avoid people. I only really hung out with Sarah. I should have probably made a better effort to meet a few more people ad not be such a hermit. At least it still wasn't late to do that.

As I was collecting my throughs, walking along a concrete sidewalk next to a high wall of stunning green hedges, I could have sworn a familiar face was coming up, walking toward me. The closer the person got, the more familiar he became. It was Johnny, the worker from Wendy's that Sarah had knocked over that one day. It was a little weird to see him in a different setting, so as he passed me, I turned my head to watch him as he walked farther and farther away.

Turning back to the front, I stopped shorty, putting my hands out to prevent running into Matt, the guy who was the head of the Athletic Department. He had a little smirk on his face as I inwardly congratulated myself for not running into him or landing on my ass.

"Hey," Matt said, looking down on my thanks to his tall stature.

"Hi," I replied, though not at all enthusiastically. Matt noticed, but it wasn't hard when I was so blunt about it. His face fell, eyebrows furrowing. The all-too-common look of concern.

"Something up?"

I sighed, non-chalantly shrugging my shoulders. "I guess. Things just a bit stressful lately."

Matt nodded. "Schoolwork?"

"That, and all this other crap. Relationship issues. Which doesn't even make sense cuz it's not even my relationship," I mumbled.

"Oh..." he replied with a nod again. "...You wanna talk about it?" he offered politely.

"Can't," I said shortly. "If I do, two people could get in a lot of trouble."

"I see. Well, don't let it bother you too much. This is supposed to be one of the best times in your life. Don't let things stress you out, alright?"

"Yeah, I guess," I answered monotonously. Matt was right, pretty much. VU was an insanely easy school as I'd come to find out during the first few weeks of classes. I should have been having a lot more fun than I was.

"Good. I gotta get going. I hope everything turns out alright," Matt commented one last time before going to the side and passing me. I turned and watched him walk away for a bit before deciding to get back to the dorm as well.

As soon as I opened the door and pulled my key out of the lock, I heard a sniffle from across the room. I looked up to see Sarah lying on her side on the bed, facing the wall. She was sobbing quietly and kept sniffling every few seconds. Quickly I closed the door and walked over to my own bed, taking a seat.

"You alright Sarah?" I asked quietly. I didn't hear anything but a mumble in reply until she turned to face me, her cheeks and eyes red from crying so much.

"Is there a reason for your crying or did you suddenly get some random pregnancy hormones?" I asked, cracking a smile and hoping to get at least a smile or a chuckle in return. Instead, Sarah just started to cry harder and I got even more confused.

"Hey, tell me what's up, huh?" I asked again.

She sniffled and slowly sat up, turning to face me, her legs hanging off the edge of the bed. After getting her breathing to calm down, Sarah looked up at me from her lap and finally opened her mouth. "I - I.... think I might be pregnant."

I stared at her blankly, waiting for the words to fully register. And when they did, I was shocked. Pregnancy. A baby. Sarah was having a baby with the Headmaster. Oh no. Oh no no no...

"Amanda... Hey... Amanda get up," I heard faintly being called to me. Everything was black and then I realized that my eyes were shut. When I opened them, I found I was lying in my bed. It was just a dream. Just a very bad dream with a sick, sick ending.

Slowly I sat up to see Sarah knelt at my bedside, her eyes puffy and red. "You okay?" she asked.

"Oh yeah, fine. Just had a really bad dream where you told me you were pregnant with Mr. Baker's kid," I said, rubbing the back of my head.

"OH, well, I didn't say I was... just that I might be," she replied quietly. I just gawked at her.

"You don't know for sure?" I asked, to which she shook her head. "Well, we ought to go find out."