‹ Prequel: If Only They Knew
Sequel: A Love Like This
Status: D-D-D-D-D-DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE

On Your Side

Day One.

Tim had not warned her about this. How was she supposed to act professionally when HE was here, on this tour? Surely he wouldn’t do that to her intentionally?

Sarah’s mind was racing as she stepped off The Maine’s tour bus, she’d insisted on first pick of the bunks because she was the only girl. It was then when she peeped through her bunks tiny window that she saw the familiar van pull up in the parking lot.

She tapped on Pat’s arm “since when?” she nodded in the direction of the van.

“I honestly don’t even know, I think like yesterday.”

She nodded “well I’m not ready for this just yet, I’m going to my bunk.”

“Ok, sorry by the way, I guess it wasn’t really thought through.”

“It’s not your fault, Pat.” She climbed back up the steps and made her way to her bunk.

Through lack of sleep the night before, Sarah found herself drifting off before long, only to be woken by Garrett shining his toy lightsaber into her bunk making the whooshing noise as he swung it.

“Sarah, I am your father.” he said in a Darth Vader voice, earning a laugh from the tired girl.

He smiled “the guys asked me to fetch you, doors open soon.”

She shot up, smacking her head off the top of the bunk in the process “shit.” she muttered holding her hand to the already developing bump. “ugh, ok, you guys let me sleep through your sound check?”

“are you ok? and yeah, we thought you should catch up on your sleep while you can.”

“I’m fine, nothing a little alcohol won‘t fix. And thank you, that’s very considerate.”

Garrett grinned “I’m so glad you got to come with us, you’re already so much more fun than Tim!”

She laughed as she straightened out her jeans “I won’t tell him you said that.”

They walked together from the bus and headed to the venue’s back entrance. Sarah stopped, noticing the other van that had arrived “crap, when did they arrive?”

“just before their sound check, come on.”

They showed the security their passes as they walked through the thick sheet of cigarette smoke from the venues workers.

“So disgusting.” Sarah muttered walking into the corridor, heading for The Maine‘s dressing room.

A familiar chuckle came from behind her “you never were a fan of smoking, were you?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Only short but I couldn't resist starting this up!

I hope you enjoy this, I loved writing it. Definitely already a lot happier with this story than 'If Only They Knew' - which you don't have to read first but I'd recommend it so you're familiar with my characters and the back story.

Feedback would be awesome.

Also, already 1 subscriber, I'm so excited :')