Status: sequel coming soon! (:

I'll Be Your Secret

Chapter 4.

I woke up the next morning with the thought of my mom instantly popping into my head. I clenched my pillow and squeezed it tight. Wishing all of it was a dream; a nightmare. I forced myself to sit up. I sighed. Fuck, what do I do know? I stood up and opened the door. I started walking to the kitchen and heard someone in there. Probably Jaime. I turned the corner to see a girl with long black hair, her back towards me. Thats odd, I thought Kayla wasnt coming back until next week.

"Hey Kayla, what are you doing back already?" I asked. She turned around then I realized, that girl wasnt Kayla. What. The. Fuck. My eyes grew wide and so did hers. Is Jaime cheating on Kayla? No, Jaime wouldnt. Sure this girl is beautiful, but Jaime isnt a cheater.

"Whoa, youre not Kayla..." I whispered.

"Who the fuck are you?" She snapped.

"Wait. Who the fuck are YOU!?" I answered.

"Im Leah, Jaimes sister."

WAIT. WHAT? I didnt know Jaime had a sister. Shes freaking beautiful, and where did she get those deep blue eyes from?

"Well, who are you?" She asked with an attitude.

"Um. Im Tony, Jaimes friend. I got here last night with Jaime." I saw her worried face expression drop. She smiled. Oh god, I couldve sworn that smile killed me a little.

"Oh." She replied.
Just 'Oh'? Thats it? I returned the smile and walked to the fridge. I looked at her from the corner of my eye, she was staring right at me. I got the carton of orange juice and grabbed a cup from the cabinet. I poured some orange juice and took a sip. It was quiet for awhile, but her voice broke the silence.

"Um, if you dont mind me asking... What happened last night?"

My face expression dropped and I swallowed the knot in my throat before I spoke.

"My mother had a heart attack... she passed away last night."

I saw her bit her lip and look down.

"Im so sorry.." She whispered. I didnt want her to feel sorry. She hardly knew me, and honestly I knew she didnt care. I felt the anger build up.

"Dont. Just dont." I stood up and walked away. I felt a hand on my shoulder. Ugh, why couldnt she just let me go? I got even more angry. I jerked my body away from her touch to face her.

"What!?" I snapped. Her blue eyes seemed frightened now.

"Um I just want to.. Um I dont know." She blushed and looked down.

"Im sorry, im just not in the best of moods..." I sighed.

"Oh, um.. I understand." She replied with an attitude and walked towards the fridge. I felt bad for freaking her out.

We stayed in silence for awhile, then finally we heard Jaime coming from down the hall and look at both of us.

"Looks like you guys met?" He said smiling. I returned his smile, but Leah didnt.

"Yup." She said grabbing her water bottle and walking away. Ugh, Rude? Whatever, I dont care.

"So, how did you sleep- wait, that sounded so gay, um.. How are you holding up bro?" Jaime asked. I laughed.

"Im alright." I lied.

"Cool, well im here for you bro, like I said, stay as long as you like."

"Well, I needed to talk to you about that." I cleared my throat.

"Stephanie is too busy with school and work, and me moving in would probably just be a distraction.. Can I move in here?" I asked. Suddenly I heard Jaimes sister coughing, as if she choked on something. I made a confused face.

"Uh, you alright Lee?" Jaime asked trying not to laugh.

"Yeah im fine." she replied clearing her throat. That was weird.

"Of course Tone," he said putting his attention back on me.

"You could keep the guest room." Jaime seemed pretty happy about it actually.

"Thanks man."

"No problem. You know him here for you." We hugged it out and I walked back to what is now my room. Maybe things wont be so bad after all.