Sequel: Nightmare
Status: Hey Guys! Do take some time & read this first ever fanfic of mine! Do comment what you think! Much appreciated!

Seize the Day

Carpe Diem

“Hey baby, I’m back. How are you? The rehearsal was amazing! Soph told me you loved the song? Well, thank you, Nat and I love YOU. Come back to me please?” his soothing voice filled my heart. I have been in a comatose state for five days now and I could only see, feel and hear. My body was paralyzed and I could not move any of my limbs. I was a fighter and still am. Throughout the five days, Matt and Soph have been with me every single day. They took turns in looking after me and occasionally, the rest of the band will visit me and so will my parents and Natalie. The doctors advised them to be in high spirits whenever they visited me. They said that it would help in my recovery.

I was at the seventh day and was not showing any signs of improvement. The doctors were considering to pull the life support but my parents were determined. They did not allow the doctors to do so and asked for another day.

“Sir, I really missed her. And I really love your daughter with all my heart.” I heard Matt once said to my dad. “So do I, Matt. Here,” my dad said as he handed Matt my revolver. “This was Nat’s favourite. If anything happened to her-“ he halted, controlling his tears and they hugged.

The eighth day came and I was somewhat terrified of what was going to happen. At 2pm sharp, the doctors and my parents were gathered in the room with the relevant documents. Mum was weeping all along- devastated by the fact that her precious daughter was going to be put off life support. Dad appeared stronger and believed that everything happened for a reason. Just as dad was about to sign the documents, a familiar voice and the sound of an acoustic guitar coursed through the room. I’ve heard this before.

Seize the day or die regretting
The time you’ve lost
It’s empty and cold without you here
So many people to ache over

I felt tears run down my cold cheeks and I saw Matt and the rest of the band entered the room. Matt continued to sing even though it was evident he was holding back his tears.

I found you here
Now please just stay for a while
I can move on with you around
I hand you my mortal life
But will it be forever?

The tears on my face flowed rapidly and it seemed that my heartbeat was beating faster than usual. It was a good sign, I heard the doctors said.

I’d do anything for a smile
Holding you ‘til our time is done
We both know the day will come
But I don’t wanna leave you

Matt continued singing and hoping. I saw the solemn faces of the guys and I felt my mum caressing my forehead; my dad holding my hands and Sophia wiping my tears away. “Wake up Nat,” she whispered. The song was coming to an end. And so was my life, I thought.

So what if I never hold you?
Or kiss your lips again?
So I never want to leave you
And the memories of us to see
I beg don’t leave me

Wake up, Nat! Wake up! WAKE UP NOW!

I breathed hard and my fingers twitched. Dad let his grip loose. I could feel my hands. I moved my hands around and brought it closer to my face. I wiped my tears and soon enough, mum was kissing my forehead, my cheeks, my nose, wherever! But I was glad she was there. Dad kissed my forehead and stroked my cheeks. “My baby girl. I knew you would come around,” I nodded slightly and Soph was all over my face. “Thank God you’re back, Nat! I love you Nat!”She shrieked in excitement, gladness and sadness altogether. Jimmy, Brian, Zacky and Johnny took turns to hug me each and Zacky’s old habits die hard. Zina and Natalie were also there and they gave me a hug and a kiss each. Finally I saw the man that was with me the whole time. The man I loved with all my heart and the man who sang me to life. “Nat, I love you. I am glad you’re back.” Matt said as he kissed my lips and hugged me tight. I smiled and embraced his face. The doctors told everyone to leave the room so that they could attend to me. I held Matt’s hands, not wanting to let go and he held on tight. I felt exhausted and went into a deep slumber.