Clive & Layla

Drew

I woke up at 7pm, a whole nineteen hours of sleep. It's a new record for me. I got up and walked into my bathroom in the basement to do my "morning" routine. Shower, brush, and dump. Typically I would have a beer before doing all this, but I was going to good old Tom's party so I figured I was going to get drunk anyways. I stared at myself in the mirror, I looked repulsive as most people would put, personally, I viewed my image as a sorta "grunge" look.
I left the bathroom and went up stairs to the kitchen for some food. There I found the devil's wench: my mother. She turned around once I had made my way up the stairs. "What the hell are ya doing up so late, Drew?" she snapped. I rolled my eyes and went to the fridge.
"Dammit woman! When the fuck are we gonna get some food in this hell hole?" I growled.
" Well maybe if ya had a job, like most big boys your age, we might be able to afford more food." She was mocking me, she acts like I'm fifteen. Big boys my ass.
" I'm going to Tom's tonight, wont be back 'till late" I said walking to the pantry. She didn't respond, now she was gonna ignore me. I found some peanut butter, took a spoon, and went back into the basement to play video games for an hour.
Not too much later after I had started my mother came down stairs. "I thought you were going to Tom's" she said with her arms crossed. She was in the mood to argue...the fucking wench.
" Yeah, mom, later. Leave me alone I'm getting a hell of alotta points and if you screw that up for me I'll be pissed."
" Drew, what do plan on wearing to the party? Hmmm? Are ya gonna wear that? How do you expect to meet ANYONE if ya dress like ya don't give a shit?" She placed her hands on her hips. I got up and and went up to her face.
" Cuz I don't give a shit, you whore." I made sure I got some spit in her face. That got her mad, I could feel the adrenaline pumping in my veins.
" Listen, Drew, I have no problem kickin' ya outta here."
" Oh yeah? Why don' cha?" I smirked.
There was a pause and then my mom stormed off. I had won. My mom could never kick me out, she's too lonely cuz she's an idiot and doesn't get respect from no one, nor does she deserve it.
After I was done playing I decided to go. I took my mom's car since mine broke. Tom's new house was only a few minutes away, which was cool because then we could hang out more. I don't think his trophy wife would like that though.
I pulled up against the sidewalk in front of their house and walked up to the door. Soon Tom was at the door. "Drew!" he shouted, " How have you been? You're the first one here."
"Yeah, sorry I'm late." I smiled." My mom wouldn't stop bugging me about what I was wearing, ' You wont find any girls wearing that, Andrew!'" I said doing a high shrilly voice like my mom's, though I don't think she actually said that...she doesn't use proper English.
I walked into their living room. I was so clean, I could see the floor. There was Andrea, Tom's trophy wife. "Why aren't you looking lovely, Andrea!" I flashed a big smile and opened my arms pretending to expect a hug to make her feel obliged to touch me.
" Thank you Drew, and I can see you're still wearing that t-shirt I saw you in last week."
" Yes I am! Glad you noticed." I replied looking down at my not-so-white tee then took a seat. " So when are you two expecting the others, or are we gonna have a three some?" Both of them gave me a shocked look, I could tell they were suburbanites since the guys in my neck of the woods people would be cracking up.
" Sorry Drew, not tonight," he said forcing a laugh, " Everyone was supposed to be here a couple of minutes ago, but Clive said he and Layla would be a little late since he had plans. " That excited me. Layla was coming. Layla and I went out in Sophomore year of high school, I still thinks she digs me. Hopefully if her uptight buddy Clive isn't all over her.
" Oh, so where's the beer, buddy? I haven't had a Bud all day thinking I'd be getting drunk tonight." I said getting up.
" Yeah, they're in the fridge, Tom made sure you got you're own six-pack" Andrea replied using a bitch-fake happy voice.
"Awesome!" I said making my way to the kitchen. I heard the door bell ring as opened the fridge door. And so the party begins.