Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 36.

He smiled, and not one of his usual smiles. This one was genuine. He showed his teeth, and wasted no time, leaning forward, pulling me into one of his passionate kisses.

I thought my heart was going to pound out of my chest.

He pulled me closer. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he lied over me, kissing me harder. He sighed.

"What does this mean for us?" He said. I bit my lip, staring up at him. I had no idea. There was nothing we could really do about it; nothing that would result in me keeping my job, or him being forbidden to come close to me.

He helped me back up, now gently holding my face in his hands. I sighed. My heart was still pounding.

"For once I just.. I want to be able to have someone.. and.. be able to call her mine." He was staring into my eyes. I stared back, biting my lip. All I wanted was for him to be mine. But, of course things didn't work out like that. Of course things couldn't be that simple.
"I could be yours." I said quietly. I saw a small smile spread across his face. He leaned in, gently kissing me again. I would take that as a yes.
"Can.. Can I stay at your place again tonight?" He said. I sighed, nodding. He leaned his forehead against mine.
"Come on.." I said, gently taking his hand, pulling him towards the car