Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 41.

His eyes were closed. He was covered in cuts, and bruises, and his leg was in a cast. I felt tears come to my eyes. I quietly went over, pulling a chair next to his hospital bed. He was breathing lightly, quiet and slow. I gently held his hand.
"Kellin.." I said quietly. He was still. I felt more tears come. I held his hand a little tighter.
"Oh, baby.." I sighed. "You look terrible." I gently ran my hand over his forehead, careful not to touch any of his stitches.
"I'm so sorry, baby.." I said. The tears fell. "This is all my fault. I'm so sorry."

Then, his eyes opened. He looked over at me, and smiled sleepily. I smiled, wiping my tears away.
"Hey.." I said, intertwining our fingers. He held his stare.
"Are you okay?" He said quietly. I giggled, wiping away the rest of the tears.

"You're the one laying in the hospital bed, and you're asking me if I'm okay?" He nodded. I sighed.
"I'm fine." I said "Thanks to you.. You saved me. They.. they said I wouldn't of made it if you hadn't thrown yourself in front of me." He sighed, and his smile grew.
"Then I don't regret a thing." He said. I couldn't believe him.
"You're crazy." I said. He bit his lip, adjusting himself so he sat up in his bed. He moaned from the pain. My eyes grew wide.
"Baby.." I said. He shook his head.
"I'm fine.." He sighed. He stared out the window. I could tell he was thinking.
"What are you thinking about?" I asked. He looked back at me.

"They're gonna know.." He said. I nodded.
"Yeah.." I said quietly. His face looked worried.
"What's gonna happen?" He asked. I wasn't sure what was going to happen.
"I.. I don't know." I said "But.. I have to tell them." His eyes got wide.
"But then you'll get in trouble." He said. His tone changed, as if going into a state of panic. I bit my lip, looking back down at our hands. He was right. I would.
"I know.." I said. He shook his head.
"No.. No, you can't tell them Taylor. They.. they won't let me near you again. I.. I can't go through that. I almost lost you once. Taylor, I can't-" I cut him off, leaning in, gently kissing his lips. I felt him sigh. I moved away.
"You're gonna be okay.." I said "And.. I'm gonna be okay.. we just, we have to do what's right." He shook his head.
"No, Taylor. No.. I.. I can't.. I can't lose you.. I just.. I.. I love you, Taylor. I can't lose you. I.." I sighed, gently stroking my fingers through his hair.
"It's gonna be okay.." I said. He looked down. I felt the tears come back.

"I thought I lost you.." I said. He bit his lip, staring into my eyes.
"You're the only one who would've cared." He said. My heart sunk. I decided not to go into it.
"I don't know what I would of done without you.." I said. He was quite, but continued staring. He bit his lip.

"Can you stay here with me tonight?"