Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 43.

It was a few days before the doctors allowed Kellin to leave. They changed his cast, limiting it to only his calf. They said he would be able to walk, but not for long periods of time. This put a little bit of a damper on our running away plans.

"We could stay with my family, you know." He said quietly, looking up at me. I bit my lip. Kellin's family. He had never talked about his family. The idea of living with complete strangers scared me a little. He smiled.
"I'm sure they would love you." I sighed. How could I resist that smile.

"Where do they live?" I asked. He bit his lip, hesitating.
"Nashville." He said quietly. My eyes got wide.
"Nashville?" I said. "And they sent you all the way out here? To this hospital?" I asked. His cheeks got red as he nodded quietly.
"We.. really didn't have any place like this out there." He said. He avoided eye contact. I sighed. There was no reason to be angry with him.

"And.. you really think they'd have us?" I asked. He bit his lip, looking back up at me, smiling. He nodded. I gently reached out, grabbing his hands. He looked down at them, gently intertwining them, pulling me closer. My heart began to race.

"I guess we'll have to head back to my house then." I said "I'll have to pack." He smiled, leaning his forehead against mine.
"You.. you'd really do this for me, Taylor?" He said. I bit my lip. This whole idea was crazy. But, I had never found anyone like him before, and I never wanted to lose him, and doing this meant I could always be with him.

"I'd do this for us."