Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 46.

Kellin lead me over to them. I felt my body get cold.

"And here they are.." He sighed. I smiled at all of them, and I was greeted with smiles in return.

They were all so different from him. He stuck out like a sore thumb. They were all in flannels, and denim, with their natural hair, and natural faces. Even the girls. None wore makeup, but were all naturally beautiful. They stared at me.

"Hi.." I said, still smiling. One of the younger girls turned to what I assumed was their mother.
"She's pretty, Momma." She said. I felt my cheeks get red. I looked down. Kellin interrupted the awkwardness.
"Everyone.. this is Taylor." He said, biting his lip. They all held their stares at me. I didn't know what to do. Finally, his mother spoke up.

"Well, hello dear. I'm Kellin's mother." She said. I sighed, reaching my hand out to shake hers. She hesitated, looking at me confused, but eventually caught on.

"So, should we head back to the house?" Kellin said, starting to walk towards the exit. I followed close behind. His family followed as well. I walked close to him as he lead me to the car.
"They.. don't know about us." He said quietly. I sighed. I assumed so.
"What part?" I asked. He bit his lip.
"Anything." He said. I nodded. This made more sense as to why they acted so awkward around me.
"Also.." He said "Dress.. down. They're not used to.. this." He looked me up and down. I understood what he meant, going from their attire.
"You can borrow some of my sister's clothes." He said, smiling as he put my bag into the trunk of a dirty red pickup.
"This is mine, by the way." He said, looking at the truck. I could tell by his smile, he was proud of it. I smiled, getting into the passenger seat. He got in and looked over at me. He sighed.

"I.. know this probably isn't what you expected." He said. I looked up at him. He was biting his lip, his eyes wide. "But, just know.. I appreciate you coming here. I really do." I sighed, leaning in gently kissing him. I felt him smile, as he leaned his forehead against mine. He kissed my nose before he turned back, started his truck, and followed his family's van down the road to his house.