Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 49.

He held my hand as he lead me through the beautiful golden field. I looked up at him; his hair blowing and his muscles clenching as his arm swung back and forth. I sighed. He'd never know how beautiful he was.

Finally, we made it to the trees that surrounded his yard.
"Watch your step." He said, taking both my of hands, helping me over large branches and fallen down tree trunks.
"Where are you taking me?" I giggled. He smiled.
"You'll see." He said.

He had brought me into the forest. The golden light was streaming through the open spaces from the trees. It reflected the light throughout the trees, having little lights beaming here and there. Everywhere was beautiful.

"Here we are." He said. He looked up at one of the trees. I was confused, until I looked up as well. I smiled.

"A tree house?" I said. He nodded.
"I made it when I was little. All by myself." He was smiling up at it. I sighed. He was proud of himself.
"So, do I get to go in it?" I asked. He giggled, looking over at me.
"Well, I suppose you can be the exception to the 'No Girls Allowed' rule." He said. I felt my cheeks get red.

"Come on." He said. He started climbing the tree. I followed closely behind. He pushed the bottom open and climbed inside. I did the same, and was surprised at the size of it once I got in.
"This is.. so cool." I said "And.. you built this all yourself?" He smiled, sitting up against the wall, nodding."
"Mhm.." He said. He grabbed his guitar that was placed up against the wall in the corner. I sat in front of him.

"Are you gonna play me something?" I asked. He bit his lip.
"What do you want to hear?" He asked, gently strumming. I shrugged.
"Make something up." I said. His cheeks got red. He smirked.
"Just make something up?" He said. I nodded. He smiled, looking back down at the guitar, strumming a little more.
"I can try.." He sighed.

He plucked the strings a few times before he found the sound he liked. He looked up at me and smiled, and began to sing.

"Taylor, your smile's like a summer's day.
You take the pain away, with that twinkle in your eye.
Taylor, you make my heart beat faster
I smile at your laughter, and I thank God every day you're mine
You'll never know, just how much you mean to me
So I'll sing it in this song, so maybe you can see.."

I couldn't help but smile, ear to ear the more he played, he looked up at me, smirking.
"How's that so far?" He said. I sighed, looking down. The smile stayed on my face.
"It's.. it's great." I said quietly. He bit his lip, looking down at his guitar again, and continued to play.

"You know I love to see you in the morning
I love your face, even when you're yawning
And I love it when you kiss me
Your lips, they make me dizzy
And Taylor, did you ever dream you'd be with me
Someone who's just so crazy
Crazy about you.."

I felt my heart beating fast. I was lost in his eyes, lost in his voice, lost in him. My head was spinning.

"So next time I get lost in your eyes
It's no surprise, it's all due to
being in love with you.."

He finished strumming, and looked up at me.
"So..." He said, biting his lip, rocking back and forth. "What'd you think?" I sighed, staring up at him. I could feel my burning cheeks and my mouth force itself into a large, stupid smile. He smiled back.

"You.. you came up with that.. just now? On your own?" I said. He nodded. He was blushing. I gently took the guitar out of his lap, and moved it to the side. He looked over at it confused, then looked back at me. I gently crawled over, onto his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck, pulling him close, gently kissing his lips. His hands traveled up my back, up my neck, and into my hair, where he tightly tangled his fingers within, pulling me closer. I leaned my forehead against his, staring into his eyes, catching my breath. He was staring back, biting down on his lip.

He then glanced at the floor behind me.
"What?" I asked. He looked back, and soon, his hands moved down, gently holding my waist. I felt my heart beating faster as he kissed me again, pushing me back onto the floor.