Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 54.

We made our way into the kitchen, where Kellin's mother had breakfast set up at the table. They all turned and looked at us as we sat down. Kellin ignored them, pulling out my chair. I bit my lip, keeping my eyes down at my plate. I felt their stares. Kellin sat down next to me, and began to fill his plate like nothing was wrong.

"You two were a little loud last night." His mom said. I felt my heart sink. My body went cold. I didn't know what to say. I avoided her eyes.
"Sorry, mom." He said, passing the pancakes to his sister. She glared at him.
"And Kellin, we need to get your medication refilled today." She said. He glared over at her.
"I've been doing just fine with out it." He said. She shook her head.
"You know you shouldn't be going without it, Kellin. You know how you get."
"I've been fine, mom." He said. She turned to me.
"You're a doctor right?" She said. I bit my lip. My cheeks burned again.
"Well, kind of." I managed.
"So you can tell him that he needs his medication." She snapped.
"Um.. I mean.. if he says-" She cut me off.
"He's a mental patient, what does he know." Kellin's eyes got wide, and his face beat red. He stared down at his plate, hiding his face in his hands.
"I'm not crazy.." He said softly. I turned to him. His eyes, sad, staring down at his plate. He bit his lip, then ran his fingers through his hair.

"You are crazy." She said "Why else would we have to send you off to that hospital!" Then, he snapped. With a single swipe of his arm, he had his, mine and his sister's dish tossed onto the floor. The glass plates shattered all over the tile. He got up from the table, quickly pushing out his chair, slamming it back onto the ground. He stormed off into his bedroom, and finally, I heard a loud slam of his door.

I looked around at the wide eyes faces of the rest of his family, staring from the floor, to where Kellin had went, and back to me. I quickly wiped my mouth of any extra food, and slowly backed away from the table.
"I'm.. gonna check on him." I said softly.

Making my way back down his hallway, numerous photographs on the wall seemed to catch my attention. There were photos of his sisters lining the hallway, but barely any of Kellin. I looked through them all, then finally, near his mother's room, I saw pictures of Kellin. I smiled at one photo. He had short hair, with the same large, blue eyes. A school picture. I assumed from elementary school. He was so cute.

I sighed, going back to his bedroom. I hesitated before knocking on his door.
"Kellin?" I said. There was silence for a moment.
"Taylor?" He said.
"Y-yeah. Can I come in?" I said.
"Yeah." He said quietly.

I slowly turned the knob, opening the door, letting my self inside. I shut the door behind me, and stared down at him, sitting on his bedroom floor, back against the wall. His hair was a mess. His eyes were bloodshot, and his cheeks were blotchy. He wiped his eyes, and stared back up at me.
"I'm.. I really am crazy." He said quietly. I sighed sitting down next to him. I pulled him closer, hugging him tightly.
"You're not crazy, Kellin. You're not." I heard him breathing heavily again. I gently rubbed his back, pulling him closer to me.
"Y-yes I a-am." He managed. I could hear him start to cry again.

"Come on.." I sighed. I helped him up, bringing him back over to his bed.
"Lie down." I said. He bit his lip, and finally did as he was told, lying back down, pulling the covers over him. I sat at the foot of the bed.

"You're not crazy." I said "You're just different." He looked down, wiping his eyes.
"I don't want to be different, Taylor." He said. I sighed, reaching over, gently pushing the hair out of his face.
"There's nothing wrong with different." I said. He looked away.
"Everyone else seems to think so." He said. "I'm just.. I'm done. I just.. I can't.." He stopped himself.
"W-what do you mean.. you're done?" I asked. He bit his lip, shaking his head.
"You're scaring me.." I said softly. He kept his eyes down.

"I just can't do this anymore, Taylor."