Status: Please leave feedback.

Halloween Mystery

Always A Complication

We sat, the four of us, eating our 'pancake sundaes' in silence, due to the fact we were all enjoying the delicious flavor of the food, and the fact we were trying to deciphere the purpose of the numerous events that had began. None of us in the group had anyclue, or theory for that matter, on the strange occurences. Many minutes passed, eventually growing into a large hour before we all finished and washed our dishes; we settled down once again in the living room, I eventually broke the contempt silence.

"Maybe, it's all just a joke? Everyone knows that someone's always looking for a laugh on Halloween." I knew my statement was due to my hope that it was nothing, that we would soon be able to return home. All it gained me was looks of confusion ad the shaking of three heads, their disagreement.

"I think that's all what we want, but how could the coyote attack, the knives at the house and your dream be a prank?" Dad was the one to reply, somewhat strictly as if to prevent me from falling into thinking that a joke was what it actually was.

"He's right baby." Thomas told me, speaking in his loving sweet tone that always comforted me. I whispered to him softly, telling him I knew and then leant into his chest. He rubbed my back gently, trying to keep me as calm as possible; I had always been one to stress over things, whether they be serious such as now or the simple things like a loose thread hanging from a sweater. Reaching over for my iPod I placed the one of the earbuds in Thomas' hand and the other in mine, my parents were heading out the door to return to their own suite, we listened to the music together until my eyes eventually closed and I fell asleep as he stayed awake.

My thoughts remaind subtle for a few moments, eventually coming into a simple dream that was peaceful then some type of evil overtook them. A small girl, fifteen, was cowering in a corner, her face hidden inside of her knees as her back shook with silent sobs. Blood ran across the silver blade she held in her hand, brown strands of hair falling into her face, the red liquid streamed down the walls as moonlight emerged from a window, illuminating the blade of the knife. The rotting roof that lingered over her head fell downards onto the floor, a few peices of wood brisking across her skin and then red droplets began to fall from the sky, they fell across her pale body, red as the blood along her knife. Bruises covered her body, old scars of the past faded into her complexion; she soon rose from the floor and walked across the broken fragments of the roof.

Her hair drifted away from her face, revealing cold black eyes and a grim face full of pain, a long scar traced from her temple to her jaw in a faint line. She soon cameto the base o0f a fireplace, she dropped onto her knees and reached for a box of matches, throwing the sticks one by one into the previous ashes, she lit the last match. It illuminated her face, small beads of sweat from frustration forming along her brow as the flames began to emerge, she began to hum something lowly, telling herself her life would be over, that she'd be out of her misery. After finishing the promises she had given herself she lifted the knife, took a deep breath and then plunged it deeply into her chest. Her breath came shattered as she continued to twist it deeper, blood flowing heavily out of her chest by this point, her dark black eys rolled back into her head as she fell backwards, blood running out of her mouth.

I let out a peircing scream and woke up, fresh tears springing out of my eyes as I quickly wrapped my arms around Thomas who was confused and worried, speachless at the moment. His voice eventually came back, "What's wrong?" I took in a deep breath, hew continued to rub my back for a good ten minutes until I could talk.

"I had another bad dream." I said, whimpering slightly as I spoke, my eyes wide with fear. As I continued he listened intently, the same as when I had my first nightmare. He eventually soothed me and went to get my parents, seeing if they wanted to know about the recent dream. Within minutes of his leaving I saw a movement outside the window, a blackcrow stood on the window seal, its long beak constantly peaking at the glass as if it was trying to call on something. It continued this for quite a few minutes, then I noticed the hotel's attic door that had been placed in this room. The door opened and the ladder of it emerged, a foot soon appeared on the first step, I tried to call for Thomas but choked up on my words.

The stranger's foot was in a large leather boot that had been weathered down, another foot emerged on the step, a bottom portion, a torso and then the back of a head. It was obviously a male, his black hair was cut short and he soon turned around and saw me. He's eyes widene and he soon ran up to me, placing a hand over my mouth as another man, emerged, carrying out a bloody sheet that had been wrappped around a body. Of course I began to struggle, my screams muffled nto his hand as he soon began to slip out a knife to end my life so I wouldn't telll anyone about them.

I felt his fingers slide into my hair, knotting it as he pulled my head back to expose my throat, the coolness of the blade was placed against my throat, tears strolling down my cheeks and then THomas walked in, along with my parents. In a few seconds Thomas had pinned the man down but he had already cut my neck slightly, a trickle of blood emerging from the small cut as I took in deep breaths. My parents quickly called police and I could hear the sirens within seconds, then the officers barged through and took charge. Thomas pulled me close into his body and covered the small cut along my neck with a washcloth.

The two criminals were soon taken into the car and the police investigated the attic, let us move into one of the empty suites and that night was spent in complete and utter restlesness. Despite any attempts Thomas and I made we could not sleep and my mind kept wondering to both the new found crime and my recent nightmare of suicide.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is this one okay? Its just another one of those days where my mind isn't quite as active as I desire...