When You're Right, You're Wrong

Maybe it was too much too soon

I quickly shoved all my things back in my gear bag and tossed it towards the door. I grabbed the backpack I always had and shoved everything else in there. Travis picked up my gear bag and opened the door for me.

We set off down the hall, joking with each other, following the intern. Travis held the door open for me as I walked outside. The sweet smell of fuel mixed with sweat drifted across the air. The sleek black suburban sat in front of us like a beast. The hatch in the back opened as we approached and Travis tossed my gear bag in next to his. I climbed into the back seat and Travis jumped in next to me. He scooted close and grabbed my hand. He laced his fingers with mine, his rough skin against mine. A feeling that I never knew would turn me on so much. Those hands gliding down my bare sides quickly flashed across my mind. I quickly cleared my thoughts.

By the time we arrived at the after party it was already in full swing. The beat of whatever they were playing wrapped around my body making me want to move. Someone grabbed my hand and pulled me to the side. I looked up to see Leslie, my publicist. No matter what she got dressed up in, tonight it was one of the LMD deep red mini dresses with a black half length three quarter length sleeve jacket and red and black pumps, she still looked like a librarian.

“Lucy, there you are!” She shouted over the music as she shoved a drink in my hand. I looked down at the clear glass filled with a dark liquid. My guess it was Whiskey. I raised it to my lips, yep whiskey. She knew me so well. I guess that was probably a given. Her job was to know me, to keep track of my life. “I told them no interviews tonight. I figured you would want to relax a bit.” She shouted getting closer to me. I hugged her.

“Go have fun! I can’t be the only one having fun at the party. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.” I shouted back to her. She smiled at me. I raised my glass at her then turned to walk away. I approached the dance floor, lifting my glass high above me so I wouldn’t have to worry about spilling it, and pushed my way through the throbbing cluster of bodies all bouncing in time to the music. I made it out on the other side just as the song ended and a new one started. Arms wrapped around me from behind, moving in time with the music. I turned around to see Travis standing there, that big lopsided grin on his face.

“I see you’re already having fun without me.” He shouted in my ear. I downed the rest of the whiskey in my glass and set it on a passing waiter’s tray.

“Let’s go get some more then!” I said turning around and heading for one of the many open bars.
By about two am, most of the party had broken up. Some had gone off to clubs or other parties but most had gone off to make their own party at someone’s house so everyone could pass out. Travis and I had gotten into a drinking contest and one of the security guards was trying to get us packed back into our suburban.

Separate Travis and I handled our alcohol well and we were pretty easy to handle. Together we were damn near impossible. We would egg each other on and have competitions that no one seemed to start.

“Lucy! They got me Lucy!” Travis shouted as one of the guards grabbed him around the middle. If I hadn’t been so wasted then I would have felt sorry for them.

“Travis, Lucy, now it’s time to get you back to your hotel.” Frank the head security guard said. Even if we were drunk we knew he meant business. I gave in and followed behind the guards that held the struggling Travis. I stumbled a bit so one of the guards helped steady me.

The suburban dropped us off in front of a skyscraper looking hotel. I jumped out of the suburban and had to struggle to keep my balance. Travis followed but ended up on the ground. I laughed and extended a hand out to help him up. He placed that rough hand into mine. A shiver ran up my spine again, making my hair stand up on end. He stood up, putting no weight on my arm, never taking his eyes off mine. He wrapped his arms around my waist and together we walked into the lobby.
We made it to the room with a little difficulty. Once we were inside, he went right to the mini bar and started tossing random bottles onto the bed. I took the vodka and started drinking it straight. That was when I blacked out.

~~

I woke up to the sun shining brightly into the room. I shifted slightly. Someone groaned beside me. I jumped and rolled over. Travis was laying there. I tried to move but he grabbed me and pulled me back to him.

“Travis.” I said. His eyes flew open. It took a minute to register that I was there.
“What?” He asked taking his hand off me and sitting up. That was when I noticed that we were naked. I grabbed the sheet and pulled it up to my chest.

“We didn’t!” I asked causing pain to erupt in my head. He looked around taking in the room. Clothes were scattered around haphazardly. Chairs were knocked over. There were empty mini bottles of liquor on every available surface and the comforter had been tossed across the room. His eyes went wide.

“I think we did.” He said shocked. I jumped again when my phone started buzzing. I grabbed it off the nightstand simultaneously knocking over several bottles.

“Hello?” I answered trying to keep my head from hurting.
“Lucy! Goodness, turn on the TV!” Leslie all but shouted in the phone. I quickly grabbed the remote and flipped on the TV. There was a perky looking female TV anchor along with a distinguished looking male anchor.

“Last night,” The male anchor started, “Motocross’s own Travis Pastrana and Lucy McDade made history by being the first male and female ever to do a double back flip. Though it wasn’t the only the two accomplished.” Video of the two of us stumbling around outside of the hotel last night in our drunken stupor appeared on the screen. “It seems that the two of them had been inseparable all night.” Pictures of us together at the party, dancing, taking shots and making mischief, started flashing on screen.

“Will they be motocross’s next dynamic duo?” The female anchor chimed in. I turned off the TV, realizing that I still had the phone to my ear.

“One night of drunken debauchery and they are already trying to marry us!” I sighed.

“What do you want to do about this?” She asked.

“I honestly have no idea. Let me call you back.” I said hanging up the phone. I turned to Travis and he was staring at the blank TV. “What are we going to do about this?”

“I’m alright with the dynamic duo if you are.” He said rolling on his side and looking at me. “I guess we are together then.” I said leaning forward and kissing him. His arms snaked around my neck and pulled me to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long! Ive been getting busy at work! So comment and subscribe!