Status: I'M BACK HELL YA!!

Two Worlds

Nightmares

Darkness surrounded me. I had no idea where I was. A smell so rancid and putrid invaded my senses almost making me gag but the scent was familiar. In the distance a light began to form growing brightly as it came towards me. The brightening light made my feet move even though every ounce of me was screaming to run. I was drawn to the light. As if it were calling out to me. The light burst blinding me and I covered my eyes.

"Get the fuck up you worthless piece of shit!" A voice yelled at me but as I uncovered my eyes there was no one to be found. I looked around the place I called my home. How in thell did I get back into the closet?

My hand shot up to my mouth as a body of a small child lay on the floor curled into the corner. The child was nothing but rotting flesh and exposed bones. I needed to get out of here. I reached for the doorknob of the closet hoping and praying that it would open. Thankfully it did and I stepped out of my prison. The door to the closet violently slammed shut and I was in the kitchen. Liquor bottles and drug paraphernalia littered the floor and countertops along with moldy food.

"This way." A different voice said in a whisper. Again the person behind the whispered voice was no where to be seen.

"Where are you?" I questioned but with no reply. I peaked in the living room but it was empty. There was only dust and more alcohol bottles and used needles lying around everywhere.

I looked up the staircase remembering the trek I took every time they brought me out of the closet. I couldn't see a thing halfway up the stairs. A darkness seemed to take it over. I didn't want to go up there but I couldn't stop my feet from taking each step. The dark once again surrounded me like a blanket and I could hear breathing. A very heavy breathing. A small light emitting from underneath a door caught my attention. The door led to my old room. I hesitantly pushed open the door. The light fixture on the ceiling swung slightly and horror mixed with fright pooled inside of me. Blood covered the walls and the bed. What the fuck happened here?

"I died." I quickly turned my head to see a young girl who couldn't be more than 10 years old. The dress she wore was torn, tattered, and bloody.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"They killed me. You must leave before they get you too."

"Who killed you?" I questioned.

"We did." I turned and saw the monsters I called parents. In my mother's hand she held a knife but my father gripped tightly to a needle filled with something.

Blood covered them just like the little girl's. I looked back but the little girl was no longer there. I turned back to face my parents and my father's hand gripped my throat. I couldn't breathe and I struggled under his hold.

"Now it's your turn." My mother raised the knife above her head before bringing it down into my chest.


I gasped for air as I shot up in bed. Sweat poured from my brow and I began to shiver. I got out of bed and went into the bathroom and splashed cool water on my face. I thought this had ended. I thought I would never experience another nightmare like this again. I wiped my face with a towel and left the bathroom. My bed called to me and I graciously accepted the invitation. After that nightmare I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep the rest of the night. I only hope that this will be the last nightmare and not many more to come.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took me so long to update. I've been working a lot and between that and checking up on my dad at is home, I really hadn't found the time. I'd like to thank the readers that wished my dad a speedy recovery. I appreciate it very much.