‹ Prequel: A Face to Call Home
Sequel: If I Could Fly
Status: Complete; Want more Kaylin and Harry? New sequel coming soon!

Red.

Five

Louis stared at me through the mirror in the dressing room of the church. “What?” I asked him with raised eyebrows. He shook his head and tugged on the bottom of his tux jacket, straightening it after the millionth time. “Louis, mate. You need to stop doing that, you’re going to pop a button and Eleanor will not be to pleased to hear another thing going wrong.” That thing being Louis almost forgetting to even call the car company to go pick up Eleanor’s parents from the airport. All I can say is that when Eleanor had gotten a call from her parents, I thought Lou was going to be murdered. Luckily, I told her that I would go pick them up and get them here safely and on time. Which I did, and she was thankful, but she was still angry with Louis since she had to break the tradition of not seeing him until they met at the alter. That anger subsided when he practically begged for her forgiveness, falling to his knees. It was quite a sight to be honest, seeing my best mate beg for her forgiveness. Never thought I see that coming.

“You’re right,” he breathed out. “I’m just bloody nervous, Haz. This is finally it, I’m committing my life to Eleanor and I’m not scared… I just, I’m worried that she is…” He admitted, turning to look at me.

“Lou, you have no reason to be worried or nervous. El loves you for reasons I never understand.” Lou sent a playful glare my way and a small chuckle escaped through his lips as he nodded in agreement. “She will never leave you and I know she’s as ready for this as you are. So quite worrying, everything will be great.” Louis grinned at me and pulled me into a tight hug.

“Thanks mate, I knew I made you my best man for a reason.” I laughed and patted his back before we pulled away. He took a step back and looked at me with concern in his eyes. “Will you be okay tonight? You know with Kaylin being the maid of honor and stuff?” Would I be okay? Of course I would. I knew now that she had always loved me and it made me hopeful. I didn’t know if it was a good thing to be hopeful or not but I would try to win her back again.

“Yeah, I will be,” I told him honestly with a smile.

When I saw Kaylin at the coffee shop the other day, it brought back all the nervousness I used to feel whenever I was around her. Even after we were together for almost a year, she still managed to make my heart race and my palms sweat. It was clear to me after meeting her again, that those things never changed. I knew that day that I would never meet a girl who would make me feel the way I do about her. Like I had told her, she was everything to me and I hoped that I was everything to her.

Louis led the way out to the sanctuary, walking down the aisle to the front of the church. The boys and I followed then lined up behind him, me first then Liam, Niall and Zayn right behind me. Even though we were not a band anymore, we were still brothers and best mates. We had been through everything together in the last eight years and nothing would be able to rip our bond apart.

It felt like hours until the bride’s party began walking out. One by one, I watched the three bridesmaids walk down the aisle before my eyes landed on Kaylin. The moment I saw her, my breath was taken. She looked absolutely stunning, the dress and heels she was wearing made her legs go on forever. I knew she must have had a say in what the bridesmaids were wearing because it was completely modest, just like her, the neckline barely showing her collarbone. Her hair looked almost red again with the light brown highlights she had in her hair. I hadn’t noticed them at the shop with her hair up. The red lipstick had made her lips look completely irresistible, making my lips tingle in anticipation.

I didn’t even notice the wedding march had begun and Eleanor making her way over to Lou with her father; my eyes were glued to Kaylin. It didn’t take long for her to notice me staring at her. Her cheeks turned a light pink color when she caught me staring, the corners of her lips threatening to lift as she mouthed a ‘what’. A smile slowly crept up on my face while I shrugged. I watched her roll her bright blue eyes before they landed back onto the couple between us.

I let out a small laugh when Louis attacked Eleanor with kisses after the minister announced him to kiss the bride. My heart began racing again when I realized that I would be close to Kaylin in just seconds. I grinned down at her when she linked her arm with mine and took notice of the blush that was forming on her face.
[enter]
[enter]
[enter]
[enter]

It was nearing the end of the night and I still haven’t gotten the chance to ask Kay to dance. Every time I would get close to her another guest would pop up out of nowhere asking me how I was doing. It seemed like everyone was working against me, making sure I can’t get near her and I didn’t know why. I ended up at the small bar, sitting in one of the stools sipping a beer. “Bad night?” I heard the bartender ask me. I looked up at him and took in his appearance. He had on a simple black suit with a white button, black vest and bow. His hair was slicked back with what looked to be pounds of gel.

“No, not really. It’s been good, I’m just irritated because I can’t ask the girl I love to dance.”

“Why not?” I watched his eyes travel from mine to over my shoulder. I opened my mouth to respond but a small voice answered before I could.

“People keep getting in the way.” I turned in the stool to look at Kaylin making her way to the stool next to me. I heard the bartender snort and turned to see him walk away to the other side. My eyes ran over Kaylin’s legs as she crossed them at the knees and I lifted my eyes to meet her piercing blue ones. She raised her eyebrows questioningly causing the corners of my lips to lift up. “Well? No one is stopping you now.” I gave her a wry smile and held my hand out to her, standing up from my stool.

“May I finally have this dance? Please?” A smile broke out on her face and she placed her hand gingerly in mine, standing up.

“Yes, you may.” I laced our fingers together and pulled her out to the floor. When we reached the middle I turned and pulled her into me, holding one of her hands and resting my other hand on the small of her back. It felt right having her back in my arms again. The warmth from her hand resting on the back of my shoulder and her body pressing to my chest was burning through the thin material of my white button up. Her head rested on my shoulder with her warm breathing hitting my neck softly, making me want to shiver. When I did, I felt her body shake softly from the small laugh she let out and I leaned down, letting my lips brush her ear before whispering softly.

“Has anyone told you how beautiful you look tonight?” A small smirk spread across my lips when I felt her body shiver and I kept my face buried in her neck when she lifted her head. I heard her mumble a soft ‘no’ when I placed a light kiss on the skin below her ear. “Well, you are. I may be a little bias but I think you’re the most beautiful girl in this room.” My nose trailed down her neck and along the base of her neck, taking in her sweet scent. It was hard to control myself around her; all I ever wanted to do is just touch her whenever she was near. Her skin felt silky under my fingertips and she always had such a sweet fragrance that lured me to her farther. Her fingertips pressed into my shoulder blade when I placed a moist kiss in the crook of her neck, where her sweet spot was.

I couldn’t believe I had Kaylin so close to me at that very moment. It felt like we were never apart and nothing bad hadn’t happened between us. I knew that we had hurt each other but the way she was reacting to my touches and my words, I knew she needed me just like I needed her. She pulled her hand from mine, wrapping it around my neck tightly to pull our bodies even closer. I stopped dancing and wrapped my other arm around her curvy body, embracing her in a tight hug. I felt her body shake softly from a sob and felt her lips press to my neck. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry,” I listened to her murmur into my ear repeatedly.

We stood there in the middle of the dance floor, embracing each other for what felt like hours. There were eyes on us as we stood still but I didn’t notice. All I noticed was the way her body curved into mine perfectly and the way her fingers were pressing into my back, like if she were to let go, she would lose me. It wasn’t until the deejay announced that his time was up that we pulled away. Our arms were still around each other but we weren’t pressed up against one another. I lifted my hand to her face, wiping away a tear that had escaped. She let out a soft laugh and pressed her hand to my cheek, making my eyes flutter shut at the delicacy of her hand. I involuntarily leaned into her hand and wrapped my long fingers around her wrist, holding it so I can turn my head to kiss the palm of her hand. “I can’t imagine what people must think of us right now,” she breathed out. I shook my head and dropped her hand to her side before reaching up to brush back her hair.

“Who cares?” I simply asked, running my hand down her neck, over her shoulder and to her hand. She gave me a small smile and leaned up on her tiptoes, placing a soft kiss on my cheek.

“I better go check on El. Thanks for the… Well, whatever that was. Dance, hug, I don’t know but it was nice.” She pulled her hand slowly from mine as she turned away and I watched her push through the small crowd to Eleanor and Louis.

I don’t know what to think about tonight, but it made me… Hopeful. Maybe things will finally work themselves out correctly and Kaylin will finally be mine again. And I knew that this time, if I did get her back, I would not let go.

Ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kay's dress

I apologize if there were any mistakes in this chapter but I wanted to get a chapter out before Halloween and before I have to bury myself in my books again... I have a guess that it'll be at least a good week before I get another chapter up, but I don't know. Maybe I'll get one up on Halloween. We'll see.

Thank you for these lovely, amazing readers for commenting (:

xomrsmalikxo
ShawnieRiot
unbroken13
PlaydoLove
sfarrell13