‹ Prequel: A Face to Call Home
Sequel: If I Could Fly
Status: Complete; Want more Kaylin and Harry? New sequel coming soon!

Red.

Six

Louis and Eleanor were coming back from their honeymoon today. It’s been a week since the wedding and Harry and I have been texting nonstop. One day, Lorelei, my boss, had to physically take my phone out of my hands just to get me to stop texting him at work. She was getting fed up with it and told me I was acting like a lovesick teenager and the worst part was that I knew I was. But I couldn’t stop acting that way; it brought me back to the days where everything felt… Right.

Harry and I had made plans to go together to pick up the newlyweds at the airport. They were going to be arriving in about two hours so he called and told me he was on his way to come and get me. I didn’t know what to think about riding in the car with him for an hour and half. I felt nervous, excited and slightly dreaded it because I didn’t want there to be any awkwardness. I looked in the mirror of my bathroom and sighed. It won’t be the end of the world if it is awkward, though it will sure feel that way if it is.

I leaned over the sink closer to the mirror to fix my contact a little since it was bugging me. My fingernail stabbed my eye when I heard the buzzer go off in the main room. “Shit!” My fingers rubbed my eyes ferociously and I was silently thanking God I decided not to wear eye make up today. I made my way to the door and opened it. Harry stood there with a grin on his face but it quickly faded when he noticed me covering my eye.

“What’s wrong?” I shook my head, dropping my hand.

“I just poked my eye when you rang the buzzer, no biggie.” Harry busted out laughing before I even finished my sentence and I glared at him, crossing my arms.

“I’m sorry,” he laughed out. “I just…” More laughter. “S-sorry.” I rolled my eyes and walked out, closing and locking the door. I brushed past him to the elevator and he followed, unsuccessfully holding back laughter. “Kaylin, I’m sorry!” Cue more laughter. “It was funny!” I hit the down arrow, keeping a smile from forming on my lips. I couldn’t help it, his laugh made me smile. He looked at me and I saw him break out in a grin, making his dimples appear. “You think so too!” I turned to look at him and poked his left dimple.

“You’re acting like a child, Harold.”

“I’m acting like a child!?” He asked in fake exasperation. “You just poked my face like a two year old, Kay.” I held back a small giggle biting my bottom lip, causing him to release a small chuckle and shake his head.
[enter]
[enter]
[enter]
[enter]

There was a comfortable silence in the car on the way to the airport. Harry kept his eyes on the dark road, only tearing them away to glance at me every once and a while. Each time he did, I would look back and give him a small smile. And each time he gave me one back, I felt a small pang in my heart. I always wondered why I had let him go five years ago and I couldn’t help but wonder what things would be like now if I hadn’t. Would we still be dating? Engaged or maybe even married? I bit my lip, trying to shake the thoughts from my head. Harry noticed and reached over, taking my hand in his.

“What are you thinking about, love?” He asked quietly. I looked down at our hands and I pulled my hand from his grip, causing him to pull back, but I grabbed his hand before he could and slid my fingers between his. He tightened his grip on my hand and lifted my hand to his lips, pressing a soft kiss to the top of my hand. “You didn’t answer my question,” he murmured against my hand.

“How things would be if I hadn’t been so stupid…” He dropped our intertwined hands to rest on his thigh, keeping silent. His eyebrows furrowed slightly as he stayed focused onto the road in front of us and his lips pursed slightly as I noticed him chewing on the inside of his cheek. I kept my eyes focused on him for a few moments before opening my mouth to say something, but I immediately shut it closed. I took in a deep breath and turned my head to look out the window. “Would you take me back?” I heard him clear his throat before he shifted in his seat slightly.

“I don’t know, would you?” I looked over at him.

“Of course I would. You know that.”

“I didn’t though. You were the one who let me go,” he responded softly, not looking at me once. I bit my lip softly, letting the silence fill the car once again. He was right; I did let him go. He let go of my hand once we pulled into the parking lot. He drove around for a couple minutes before finding a spot and putting the car in park. “We’re early.” I nodded, looking down at my intertwined hands.

I felt Harry’s thumb and index finger grip my chin gently, turning my head to look at him. My breathing got caught when I noticed how closed he was. My eyes ran over his face, taking in each freckle, the small stubble growing along his jaw, his plump pink lips, and his eyes where small specks of gold were starting to shine through the green. His lips pressed softly onto mine, sparks rushing through me making my eyes flutter close. He pulled back too soon, letting his fingers brush the side of my face tenderly. My eyes opened slowly, meeting his. “Does that answer your question?” He asked huskily, making me swallow softly before I nodded, not trusting my voice.

His mouth covered mine again, the same shocks that I felt just seconds ago, rushed through me once again, sending my body into absolute bliss. Our lips moved hungrily against each other before I felt his tongue slip through my lips easily, making a small moan release from my throat. He let go of my chin and wrapped a hand behind my neck and the other around my waist, pulling me as close as he could without smashing me into the consol.

Suddenly, it was if I couldn’t get enough of him so my hands found their way to his hair, pulling his face as close as possible to mine to deepen the kiss even more. A small groan rumbled through his chest before he pulled away, leaving me gasping for air. “Jesus, Kaylin, I haven’t felt that out of control since…” He trailed off, but I knew what he was talking about. He was talking about that night before I pushed him away for good. The night when I had lost all sense of right. I pressed my lips to his gingerly, then pulled away. I reached my hand up running my fingers through his curls to make them look a little more controlled. I saw his eyes flicker to the clock lighting up his features and heard him release a small sigh. “They should be ready now, let’s go inside.” I pulled back and nodded, opening my door.

The walk inside was quiet, but peaceful. There was hardly anyone in the airport, which was strange but nice. We stood near the luggage claim, watching for Louis and Eleanor’s faces to pop up out of the crowd. When their bright faces appeared in the crowd, Harry leaned over letting his lips brush my ear softly before whispering, “I want you back, Kaylin. I don’t think I could live another day without you.” I felt his lips press a wet kiss to the skin below my ear, making me blush madly. I didn’t trust my voice so I slipped my hand into his, squeezing it softly before the newlywed saw us.

“You’re actually here on time, Harold! I’m shocked!” Louis shouted out in disbelief. I watched Harry’s eyes roll before he greeted the shorter, blue-eyed man. My eyes met Eleanor’s brown ones and the bright grin on her face caused me to mirror hers and squeal softly before I ran and tackled her in a hug. We laughed together as we hugged each other tightly.

“How was it?” I asked excitedly, pulling back from her and taking her hands in mine. She squeezed them tightly and let out a content sigh.

“Amazing, like no words to actually describe how absolutely amazing, fantastic, brilliant it was. All I can say is I’m so glad he’s mine, Kay-Kay.” She let out a giggle before we dropped our hands and made our way to Louis and Harry. Harry smiled at me, looking at me with adoration in his eyes. I heard El gasp loudly before she punched Harry’s arm. “When were you going to tell me you were back together!”

“Ow! Who said anything about being back together?” His words made my heart sank softly and he noticed immediately, his smile falling. “I’m sorry, it just happened… Like two minutes ago.” He informed her before taking my hand in his and lifting it to his mouth, kissing the top softly. A small blush crept its way up to my cheek, making him chuckle quietly before planting a kiss on my hot cheek.

“So you two are back together again?” Louis asked hopefully.

“Yep,” Harry answered, dropping my hand to help Louis grab all his and El’s bags.

“Finally!” Louis yelled, throwing his hands in the air, making us all laugh at his immaturity. Harry winked at me, making my heart flutter uncontrollably before he made his way out of the airport with Louis trailing him.
[enter]
[enter]
[enter]
[enter]

Harry pulled up to my flat complex, parking on the side of the road in front of the building. “So we’re really together?” I asked him, unbuckling my seatbelt.

“Yeah,” he replied with a smile.

“Good.” He let out a laugh before placing a wet kiss on my cheek.

“You better be ready though because I’m not letting you go this time.” His words made my heart race, bringing a goofy grin to my face. I felt like a love struck teenager again.

“Good, because I don’t want you to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short and probably not that great but I felt bad about not posting for a week and I needed to get this chapter up. I'm thinking they'll probably be about four or five more chapters left including the epilogue. It's going to be a short one. I probably will not be posting much until after the eleventh of December when the semester is over. But I'm sure as soon as it's over, I'll probably be posting like every other day!

Thank you for those who commented! I love reading your comments :D