Status: Comments? Recommendations? Subscriptions?

Perfect Insanity

Chapter Five

The door of the exam room opened and nurses wheeled out Rayven’s battered body.

“Is she going to be alright?” I asked worryingly.

“Are you her mother?”

“I’m her grandmother. Please tell me she’s going to be alright.” I said almost in tears.

“My name is Dr. Paul Orion. Rayven is being taken to surgery for some internal bleeding. I’ll know more when she gets out of surgery.”

“Do you know when that will be?” I asked impatiently.

“No ma’am. I’ll make sure to come and get you in the waiting area when she is out of surgery.”

“Please do.” I said as he left me. I went into the waiting area and sat down in the hard chair and let the tears flow down my face. Who the hell would do this to my grand baby?

----------------------------------------

We’ve been sitting here for hours and no one has come by to tell us about Rayven. I can’t help but wonder if something bad has happened to her while in the Operating Room. My step-son Brian hasn’t taken his eyes off the door since he sat down. I can tell my husband Brian Sr. is getting as impatient as Brian Jr. and me. I’m very tired of waiting.

“Rayven Claye’s family?” Brian Jr. Immediately stood to his feet and went over to the nurse. I followed behind my husband.

“How is my daughter?” Brian asked quickly.

“Please come with me. Dr. Orion would like to speak with you all privately.” We followed the nurse to an elevator where we got on and rode up to the sixth floor. She led us down a hallway and right into a private conference room where the doctor sat with a chart in his lap.

“Dr. Orion, how is my daughter.” Brian asked again.

“The surgery went very well. We repaired a crushed Larynx, stopped the internal bleeding from some broken ribs, the cuts and bruises, and the word Whore that was carved into her collarbone.”

“She had a crushed Larynx?” I asked frightened.

“Yes and when the swelling goes down we’ll see if her voice comes back.”

“What do you mean if?” I asked curiously.

“Her entire Larynx was crushed along with her voice box. There’s a 50-50 chance that she will not be able to speak again. I’m very sorry.”

“So you’re telling me that I’ll never get to hear my daughter’s voice ever again?” Brian asked matter of factly.

“Yes sir. Now because of her injuries, the police was called and you’ll need to present a statement on what you witnessed.”

“Alright we can do that.” I said lightly tapping my foot on the ground.

“I’ll send them in and I’ll go and check on Rayven.” I nodded and he left the room and was replaced by 2 officers. They separated us to make sure we told our stories straight and I hoped to God they find whoever did this to her.

I gave them my statement about how a brick was thrown through our window and how my husband found her lying outside in the front yard. I could see how distraught my step-son was getting as he told how he found out about Rayven.

It’s been so long since Brian has seen his only child and this wasn’t the way I know he wanted to reunite with her. No one knows why she up and left with Rayven and I guess we’ll never know. I guess she kept secrets from a lot of people. All that matters right now is being with Rayven and making sure whoever did this doesn’t come back to finish what was started.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment...my story is lonely