All I Need Is Faith

2

“Daddy I’m hungry!” Katie whined when she sat in front of her dad.

“Just a minute honey and I’ll take you to eat a pizza, OK?” he said without raising his face from his laptop.

He was working on a website that was due to next Thursday. He’s been working on it for about 2 months and he’s now doing the last touches. It’s almost ready but he is so addicted to his work that he doesn’t want to stop working.

“OK,” she said and rested her face on her hands staring at her father. He looks so...so... how do you say it? Oh fo-focused, yes, that’s the word thought Katie.

“Daddy, why are you staring at the laptop thingy?” Katie asked.

“I’m not staring I’m doing my work Katie now go dress your shoes cause I’m ready,” he said and turned off his laptop. He got up and searched for his wallet while Katie went to grab her shoes.

“I’m ready come on lets go dad my tummy is angry!” Katie said eagerly.

“OK, OK I’m coming!” Jake said and they were off.

*****************************

Faith was feeling so happy! Mr. Martin had accepted to publish her book! He said that he found it very interesting and that it had a good moral. The y are supposed to meet again next week to discuss the cost of publish etc.

Faith had driven her mother home, changed in a pair of jeans and a yellow tee which she found in her drawer and hurried out the door. Faith was going to celebrate with her friends. They were meeting at a pub she was familiar with. Now Faith is in her car driving and singing to some random song she heard when she turned on the radio.

Faith was so caught up in her singing and thinking about her story that she didn’t see someone crossing the road. The next thing you know she ran someone over. A scream was heard and all of a sudden a guy comes running to the person on the ground. Faith shocked got out of the car and went to the body that was on the ground.

Her heart latterly broke into little pieces when she saw that small, fragile body there. A little girl laid there. She was unconscious and was bleeding too. She was so pale it hurt Faith; so much she thought she would die. Guilt took over Faith’s emotions. How could I do such a thing to this poor girl? Faith thought.

Faith was so shocked she didn’t realize she had fell down to her knees. All she could think of was that girl. How could You let something like that happen? Why couldn’t it have happened to me? Faith thought again and again.

I’m the one that should be punished not a small innocent girl! A thought ran through her mind while she started to get angry with herself.

Minutes later an ambulance siren was heard and the girl was put on a stretcher and so was Faith. But Faith still didn’t care all she did was pray with all her heart that the girl wouldn’t die and saying that she was sorry all over and over again.

The little girl was rushed into the hospital and Faith was sent to be checked by a doctor. Faith wasn’t responding to anyone that talked to her nor did she look like she was listening and they were getting worried. The doctor came and checked to see if her eyes would dilate and they did. The doctor told her to rest and to try to not think about the accident that everything would be alright.

But it isn’t going to be OK, she still did run over the girl and nothing could change that. When the doctor left the room Faith got up and went in the corridor and asked around were the girl was taken. They told her that she has to wait in the waiting room like all the other people because the girl is being seen by the doctors.

She found the waiting room and saw the guy who she thought was the girl’s father. He looked like he had been crying and had rested his head on his hands. She stopped in front of him, he looked at her and realized who she was. Suddenly his eyes showed fury but than showed sadness and loneliness.

“I know this won’t change anything that happened but I’m so so so sorry, I really am.” Faith said as she started to cry remembering the girl’s face.

He didn’t speak he just looked at her deep in the eyes, she thought he was going to grab her and kill her right there but he just looked down at his feet. Faith sat down beside him and waited, waited for may be a sign that everything that happened had happened for a reason.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?