Status: work in progress.. will update on weekends.. thanks for reading.

Cross the Line

Secrets and voices

Everything was bright. It was like I was sleeping in a pitch black cave all through winter, and finally venturing out in summer. That's what it felt l Iike when I woke up. I stretched my arms, feeling my bones make cracking sounds.

I swung my legs out of bed, and winced at the sharp pain on my right ankle. It was bandaged up, and held little marker pen drawings on it. I examined a funny looking one, and realized it was a penis. That must have been Jack.

I carefully stepped out of bed and took tiny steps towards my room door. I looked at the clock on the wall, 11:47. I must have been asleep for about... Well, a long time.

I was like a baby taking his first steps as I limped towards the sound of All Time Low. I heard the band playing 'Walls' as I inched towards the door. The band was playing okay, till I heard Alex's voice stop and started to cough. "You, okay?" I heard Zack ask as Alex cleared his throat.

"Yeah, just a little sore throat." Alex replied. He wasn't convincing anyone with that hoarse, rough voice. I wondered if its because he screamed yesterday.

I decided to make my entrance. "Morning." I greeted them. "Blake!" They screamed. Jack was the first to run and hug me. I slipped out of his arms as my leg stung. "Sorry." He apologized. "How you feeling? You've been out like a light bulb for like... 20 hours." Rian asked. Woah. 20 hours?

I made an 'o' shape with my mouth and replied. "Best sleep ever." They laughed, "Hungry?" Zack asked. On cue, my stomach gurgled and groaned. "Whatever he said." I pointed to my stomach. They laughed as we all made our way to the kitchen.

I waited back for Alex. "You don't sound okay." I said to him. He just coughed and shrugged. "It'll pass, just stop worrying." He smiled and ruffled my hair. I swayed his hands away, then retaliated. I put my hand on his hair and messed it up. His face was shocked, "You did not!" He said in disbelief. "Girl, I just did!" I said and stuck my tongue out at him. He just grinned and went to fix his hair in the toilet.

Zack laid out a plate of pancakes and scrambled eggs, with strips of bacon on top. "Mmmm..." I smiled in thanks towards Zack who was wiping sweat of his forehead. I dug into the food as I turned to face Hannah who was facing me. Her face looked annoyed and bitchy.

"Want some?" I gestured to my food. She shook her head and huffed. I looked around for help. Alex was in the toilet, and the rest of the boys were back in the game room.

"Why are you so close to Alex. Why does Alex like you so much?" She asked. I just shrugged and smiled at her, "'Cause I'm his roommate.." She just glared at me. I continued to eat, "If I found out that you are secretly using Alex for fame.. You die!" She growled and walked away. I just shrugged it off. Must. Be that time of the month again. I wonder if mines going to come soon.

I gobbled down the rest of my food. I wonder if Alex's voice was going to be okay. Did he shout? Suddenly, memories if what happened the day before flooded my mind. I was almost raped by Gavin... Then Alex saved me.... Then he shouted... Oh, damn. What if its all my fault Alex can't sing anymore?

"Blake?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Alex. "Huh..?" I said. He shook his head at me, "Spacing out? Or having a foodgasm with all that bacon?" I laughed at him, "Foodgasm, most definitely." I answered. He laughed and walked towards the guys. I washed the plates and fork before joining them.

I plumped myself onto the sofa and watched the boys play. "We're leaving today at 2:00. So everyone better get your last dose of the beach and pack." Zack informed us. "Yeah, beach!" Jack shouted as he took of his shirt and ran out the front door towards the beach. We joined Jack.

I decided to dip my feet into the water a bit, but didn't go any deeper than above the knee. I was scared the boys would see my wrapped up chest. We played around in the water and with the buggies for the last time, took a group photo, then went to clean up. I wasn't in the water much, so I only washed my feet. Then I packed up my bags. We loaded the van and Rian drove us back to school.

We went our seperate ways, but Alex and I went into our room. I flopped onto the sofa and stretched my limbs, stiff from sitting down in the bus. I looked at my bandaged foot. "You okay?" he asked. I sighed. I needed to shake it off my chest, "Is your voice worse because you shouted at Gavin yesterday..?" He looked down, hands balled into fist and sighed.

"Nah, it's just something every singer gets. Okay? Don't worry." He patted my head and left to go to the loo. Just then my phone buzzed. I checked it, it was Rian.

'Meet me at the front of the dorms. We need to talk.'

My heart raced. What is he talking about.. I hope it's nothing to do with Gavin. "Alex, I need to go somewhere. I'll be back soon, don't wait up for me!" I shouted and left the room. I limped all the way to the front of the dorms, and spotted Rian sitting on the steps. I sat next to him, "What's up."

"How long are you going to play this game." his voice was serious, his face like he was playing poker. He knew. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. My heart skipped beats and pounded. I was frozen to the spot. My voice wouldn't work. I mustered up what's left of my confidence.

"W-w-what are you t-talking ab-b-bout?" I stammered. He looked at me dead in the eye. "Don't fuck around. You're a girl. What are you doing here." He growled. I suddenly felt very scared. This would be the last night I see All Time Low.. Alex..

"I wanted to meet you guys, to thank you for making music. I didn't mean for it to go this far, I just didn't want to.. I was planning to leave soon, I promise." I gushed out. Tears slipped out my eyes, I just peeked at him. His shoulders were vibrating, then it shook, then Rian burst out in laughter. My jaw dropped.. he was joking?

He managed to pull himself together, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry. I promise I won't tell anyone your secret on one condition." I stayed quiet. So he was okay with it. "You're fine with me being a girl?" I asked. He smiled and replied, "I like you. You've got guts!" He ruffled my hair and added. "Nice haircut, by the way." I grinned and pushed his hands away. "That one condition?" I inquired.

He nodded. "Don't fall in love with Alex." I blinked. Good enough. "Deal." I said as I stretched my hand out.

Seems easy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Rian knows.... DUM-DUM.... DUUUUUUUM! (dramatic music). Well, at least he agrees to keep it a secret. Sorry for the long wait.. my finals are over and now have more free time to update!
thanks for reading! :)