Status: work in progress.. will update on weekends.. thanks for reading.

Cross the Line

Temporary Voice Until the Nationals is a promise

I skipped out of our Jam session class. We did some group guitar and drum competition. I won for drums but only because Rian wasn't here. So was Alex. I felt really horrible. Alex was seeing a doctor about his throat and Rian was accompanying him. I feel really guilty.

We had ordered pizza and ate at the canteen. According to Jack, Rian and Alex would be back at 11 at night. We had gone back to our seprate rooms, and I decided to skype and play Happy Wheels with my brother, Samuel.

We were currently in the middle of an impossible level with the pogostickman. "Piece of shit, fucktard." I mumbled as I died again. "I'm in!" Sam screamed from the other side. "Bullshit!" I screamed in disbelief. "Suck it up!" Samuel boasted. I just glared and restarted the level. It's at times like these that I can't believe he's a doctor.

"How's life in a guys school?" He asked. I finally made it through the level. "I'm pretty used to it. I might as well be a guy for the rest of my life." I replied and he chuckled. "Anybody found out yet?" His question made my heart stop. I thought about Rian and Gavin.

"Nope, nobody yet." I answered smoothly. He believed my lie and continued on, "I swear if anyone finds out, I'm taking you out of that school." I groaned as he told me the exact same sentence for the millionth time. "Nobody will. Just chill... Hey that rhymes!" He laughed at my randomness.

"Oops, I have to go sleep. I have a very important meeting tomorrow. Night sis." He said. I waved him goodnight through Skype and turned it off. I played a few more rounds before I heard the front door open.

"Hello?" I hear Alex's voice call. "Pew! Pew! Pew!" I jumped out and shot him with my hands in the shape of a gun. He jumped and just sighed. I stopped, realizing that he was upset. "Did something happen at the doctors?" I asked.

He flopped onto his bed and mumbled, "Don't want to talk about it." I decided to lay off and return to my games. "Okay.." While playing, I heard him sigh, sigh and sigh. I was getting irritated and worried for him at the same time.

"Okay. I can't stand the sound of your sighs anymore. What's up?" I inquired as I sat next to him on his bed. He just slumped, deep into his pillow. "The doctor says that I have to quit the vocal team and rest for the next one month. If not I may never sing again, or go through surgery." I strained my ears to hear his mumbles. One month? Quit vocal team? Never sing again? Surgery? Fucking hell....

"I'm sorry." I blurted out. He looked at me, "Not your fault..." He got up and kicked his bag. "Just fucking frustrating to not sing.. For a month." He growled. "I know it's hard, but you have to do this for your fans. For me." He just sighed and looked at his feet. I got up and placed my arms, around his shoulders in a friend kind of way. I had to tip-toe to get my arm over his shoulders.

"I'll be here. I'll help you get better. I'll be your temporary voice. I'm helping you from the heart. I would never lie to you. Promise me you'll try to get better." I comforted him. He looked touched. His eyes were wide and shocked, as if no one has ever said anything nice to him. My heart was racing, but why? His face glowed as he slowly smiled and thanked me and hopped back into bed. "I promise. The upcoming nationals, I'll do it by then." he said. "Goodnight." I replied to him as I shut down my laptop and climbed up the stairs to my bed.

I was about to drift off to sleep when Alex woke me. "Blake?" He whispered. "Yeah?" I replied in the same hushed tone. "T-Thanks.. For what you said. It means a lot to me." He said. My heart skipped several beats. I regained my thoughts and words and replied, "Your welcome." After that silence, then the soft growls of his snore. I smiled as I fell into a deep, happy sleep, with dreams of Alex and me.

NEXT MORNING:

I was already changed and good to go when Alex woke up. "Wait for me, we'll walk too classes together." He slurred as he slipped into the bathroom. I just sat down on the sofa and waited. In 20 minutes, he was ready and good to go.

Today I have chosen my red tie, and my blazer with the sleeves cut off. Alex also wore his red tie but didn't wear his blazer.

We walked out the dorm building and made our way towards Riff's kennel. "Good morning, buddy!" I greeted Riff and ruffled his fur. Alex did the same as he poured Riff's food into his bowl. "See you later, boy." Alex patted him and we walked off to the canteen for a quick breakfast. We met up with Jack, Rian and Zack, ate and ran to classes as we were late.

The day fast forwarded to the end of classes. Alex was back in the dorms while I was at the canteen buying food to eat in our room. It was against the rules, but right now, we didn't give a flying fuck. I hummed and skipped as I walked through the hallway of our dorms. I silently opened the front door and listened in. Alex was singing. But he kept stopping, clearing his throat, and coughing.

I felt really bad. It was partly my fault, making him scream at Gavin. I Knocked the door to get his attention. "Food has arrived." I announced happily. Even though the food was here, his face was gloomy and distant.

"You'll get your voice back. I promise." I comforted him as he ate the fish and chips. He just sighed and huffed. Hopefully, he would get his voice back before the nationals. That was what he promised.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short... I know.. I'm sorry.. I wasn't really in a writing mood and I havent updated in forever so.. here it is. Enjoy..
Thanks for reading!