Status: work in progress.. will update on weekends.. thanks for reading.

Cross the Line

Heart, *** and balls

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=62473833

I closed my eyes and stroked Riff's fluffy fur. The weather was cold tonight. I regret wearing just a t-shirt and shorts. And I thought California was suppose to be all sunny and warm. Even Riff was shivering slightly. "You cold buddy?" I asked him as I pulled out his soft blanket from Riff's kennel and pulled it over him. He made a whiny noise then climbed onto my lap. I chuckled as it attempted to be be my fur blanket.

Wednesday evening, sky was turning colour and students were rushing out for dinner. But I had decided to keep Riff company. I felt like I haven't seen him in forever.

"So many things have happened. Two people found out and I can't stay much longer." I told Riff. I always told Riff my problems and worries. He was sort of like my therapist. Riff tips his head to the side and whimpers. He tips his head whenever he understands something or is saying yes.

"Are you seriously talking to a dog?" I heard a familiar voice. It was someone I really didn't want to encounter. Her voice still was high-pitched and very shrill. Next to her was Rian with a frustrated look on his face.

"Hannah. Hey, Rian." I greeted her and Rian. She smirked and took a few steps towards me. She looked at me up and down. "Where's Alex?" she asked. I just shrugged, "I'm not a psychic." She huffed but didn't leave. Rian sat down next to me and played with Riff. "Aren't you going somewhere else to look for him?" I asked. I don't know why I was being a bit bitchy towards her but it was based on natural instinct.

"He'll obviously come look for you. Saves me so much work and energy." She fanned herself with her hand as she sat down on the concrete. "Bitch. Will she stop talking." Rian mumbled and rubbed his temples. I frowned but left her alone. I took out my PSP out and started to play and Rian joined in. "So, what brings you to our school today?" I asked, trying to make small talk or at least trying to be friendlier. "Alex." she simply answered.

We played Naruto Ultimate Ninja 5's free battles. I won all my rounds but Rian lost a few.

We sat there for about 10 minutes before she said, "What does Alex see in you anyway..?" I responded almost immediately. "Heart, dick and balls." Why was that my answer I have no idea. I didn't think it through, but it made Rian laugh and snicker. "You know, you're actually a douchebag. You are just a fly, sucking up to Alex so maybe you can transform yourself into a butterfly." I was very sensitive to insults, but I shoved it off and just snorted in laughter with Rian at her metaphorical insult. "Says the girl who insulted someone." Her jaw dropped.

In the corner of my eye she raised her hand to slap me, but something stopped her. I turned to see a stern, fierce looking Alex gripping Hannah's wrist tightly. "Alex, baby!" Hannah cooed as she hugged Alex. "Blake slapped me so I had to slap him back." she whined. I just shook my head. I turned to walk away but Alex stopped me, "Blake, we have class meeting remember?"

"Right." I said and walked back towards him. We were having an Open Day soon and we had to create some stalls and raise some money for charity and all that. I had totally forgot about the meeting. "Let's go!" Alex grabbed my hand and took off, dragging me behind. Rian followed. I yelped and picked up my pace to match his. I could hear Hannah whining behind us, but soon it turned to nothing as we had reached the school.

"What did she do to you?" he asked seriously as we arrived at our homeroom where several students were already waiting. Rian had already went into the classroom. "Nothing, she didn't do anything. In fact we were just joking around." I lied. Why am I saving her? I don't know.. I guess the rational side of me was showing.

I managed to convince him as we slipped inside the classroom. We chatted for a bit until the whole class had arrived and so did our teacher. Ms. Jackson announced, "This year for our Open Day, Patrick Curtis, head of California's Orchestra Conservatory has decided to come together as one and make this yer's Open Day a successful one." The class murmured and whispered.

Jack leaned over, "Wait, isn't that....." he trailed off as the other boys got the message. "Fuck."Rian cursed as Zack groaned. "It's Hannah's school." Alex explained. I made and 'O' shape with my mouth. Ms. Jackson continued, "And a representative from that school, Hannah Curtis!" On cue, Hannah walked into the classroom. The boys wolf-whistled and 'whooped' as she strolled in.

Hannah scouted around and spotted us. She winked in our direction, but it was obviously directed towards Alex. She plastered a smile on her face and spoke. "Hey everybody, my name is Hannah and I'm from California Orchestra Conservatory. I hope we can join together in peace and make this year special. Our school has already made posters for both our schools and all plans had already been made by Patrick Curtis, my daddy." The whole class except for us applauded.

"So for this year, It has been decided that this class would be opening a little cafe. So, who volunteers to be the barista's?" She inquired. She smiled a fake smile as she expected hands to go up. "Alex?" she called out. "No, thanks." he responded instantly. Ms. Jackson took over, "I'll decide. Alex, Jack, Rian, Zack, Michael, Lucas and Blake. Lucas and Michael is in charge of setup, menu and managing. The rest will be workers." Those who had their names called out all groaned.

"Can't be that bad.." I mumbled. The meeting ended as we finished deciding the location, price and menu. We all walked back to our dorms and (Thankfully) Hannah left to go home. "How's your voice?" I asked him. He tried singing 'Call me Maybe' but again his voice was rusty. He coughed and cleared his throat. I threw him a bottle of water. he smiled thankfully and chugged it.

"Don't worry. It takes time to heal." I comforted him as I ruffled his hair. He just sighed in frustration.

If only I had healing powers. Or I would even sacrifice my own voice to save his. I just want him to sing again.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's nothing important here... It's either the next chapter, or the next-next chapter will be more exciting. I promise.
THANKS FOR READING!!!
Stay awesome!