Status: work in progress.. will update on weekends.. thanks for reading.

Cross the Line

Don't you love koala bears?

I woke up and tip-toed to the bathroom, being careful not to wake Alex. After last night, I think things would be awkward between us. I spotted a piece of paper on the floor in front of the door with an all caps 'ANNOUNCEMENT' printed on the top. I picked it up and read it. My heart throbbed with excitement and happiness.

There was no school today! The principal was really proud and happy with the results of yesterday and decided to give us today off. I silently danced my victory dance and skipped into the toilet to do my usual business. I taped the paper on the front door so that Alex would see it. I stepped out and grabbed the necessities and walked out the door.

It was just 7 in the morning, but I still didn't want to bump into Alex and argue. Not something I like to start the day with. I pulled the headphones over my head and bobbed my head with the music. "What should I do today..." I wondered to myself as I walked around the school.

If I were to spend my day with the other 3/4 of All Time Low, I would have to see Alex. If I don't, I'll just be alone the whole day.. I sighed.

I walked to Riff's cage and sat down. Riff was still sleeping and I didn't feel like disturbing his journey in wonderland. I took out my PSP and started to play as I waited for something to happen.

ALEX'S POV

I smiled at the paper. No school? Fuck, yeah! Only one problem now, making last night up to Blake... There has to be something I could do. Well, if I explain my situation to him he might understand...

I climbed up to his bed but he was already gone. I sighed. He's definitely pissed..

I got changed into some jeans and a shirt before walking out the door. It was only 9 in the morning but the school atmosphere was buzzing with the excitement of the study leave. "Dude!" Jack greeted me as he smacked my butt. "Woah, man. That's gay." I said to him. He just grinned, "You're gay!" He then proceeded to tell everyone he sees about how gay I am.

I shook my head at him. Zack went to try and calm Jack down leaving me with Rian. "Something bothering you?" he asked as he noticed my face. I sighed. "Last night, I wanted to treat Blake to a picnic. Then my dad decided that he wants to ship me off to Australia to get something done about my voice so I went to see him.." I trailed off thinking about what I had done. If I could turn back time.. so many things would be right.

"You ditched him?" Rian completed my sentence. I could just nod. "And I'm guessing Blake isn't too chill about it, judging her non-existent presence?" I nodded again. He chuckled and smiled. "Blake's an understanding guy. But he's also sensitive and fast to jump to conclusions, so I think you should explain your situation ASAP." he said.

"Thanks." I said as he shrugged. After a few moments of silence, "So, are you really going to Australia?" he asked. "I haven't decided that part yet." He grinned, "Come on, hot chicks in bikini's 24/7! The beach! Don't you love Koala Bear's?" I laughed. "I don;'t want to leave you guys behind. It might take a year or two." Rian shrugged as Zack pulled Jack back by his sleeve.

"Alex is gay!" Jack announced for the millionth time. "Shut up, Jack. You're gay." I responded and pulled him into a headlock. I dragged him to the entrance of the building as Zack and Rian started to torture his body. Jack squealed like a sissy girl all the way.

"This'll be a hit on YouTube." a voice said from behind. Blake was standing there with her phone out videotaping us torturing Jack. "To the camera!" Rian decided and dragged Jack closer to him. We laid him on the ground, Zack holding his legs as I held his arms. Rian pretended to open a bag of torture tools. "It's tickle time!" he announced as he jabbed his finger into Jack's sides. We earned weird looks from students around us but nevertheless, it was hilarious. "You're not my friends anymore!" Jack shouted and pouted. We just kept on laughing and laughing.

The laughter died down and we soon were on our way back to the dorms after deciding to stay indoors and play video games. Blake said it was going to rain anyway. The plan was to meet in my room but they went back to change into shorts.

"Blake?" I called out as it was just us two in the room. "Yup." he replied. "Can I explain about last night." He stopped moving. I could tell because the sound of the bag of chips that he was taking could no longer be heard. After a few seconds, he came into the living room and sat down. "You don't have to. You had a situation, that's it." there was a hint of coldness to his voice.

"My dad suddenly decided to send me to Australia." I said. Once again, he froze. Eyes fixed to one spot on the carpet, hands still and gripped to his knees and head facing down. "There's a throat specialist there who might be able to help me. It hasn't been decided yet.." He relaxed at the last sentence.

"I think it's a good opportunity to go, but honestly... I don't want you to g-" he stopped himself. He thought about his words for a few seconds, then said. "It's totally your choice" He smiled. I smiled back. "Don't forget, the nationals is this Saturday!" he reminded me. I gave her a thumbs up. Cue party, 'cause the boys had just knocked on my door.

"We brought soda!" Rian announced wagging the cooler box in the air.

BLAKE'S POV

We were playing the Xbox when my phone rang. I checked the caller ID, 'Daniel'. I passed my controller to Zack as I took the call. "Hey!" I said into the phone. Alex gave me a worried look but I smiled to say, 'It's nothing.'

I walked out the dorm and to the front entrance. It hasn't rained yet, but it will in about a few minutes judging by the wind and the angry black clouds. "Blakey!" Daniel responded. "What's up?" I asked. "Just to give my little sister a call, like a good big brother should." he answered calmly. This isn't like him. Daniel doesn't just call because he feels like it. I sat down on the steps of the building.

"What do you want?" I asked him seriously. "Oh, little sister.. You know me so well!" he joked. "That's hilarious." I said dryly. "I want you to come home." he answered, cutting to the chase. He.. wants me to go where?

"You said I would only go home if someone found out!" I argued. "Mom is getting suspicious." he said. "She doesn't care! I don't want to go home. I-" Daniel cut me off. "I'm sorry lil' sis! I know what I promised you, but I need you to go home." I sighed. "By this Saturday morning, I'll come to your school and take you home." Wait, Saturday is the.... "Can't I leave next week! There's something important going on on Saturday."

"I'm sorry. That's the only time I can go." I groaned. "I'm sorry." he said again and hung up. I put my phone in my pocket and sat there for a while.

I felt a tear slip out my eye. I swiped it away and took a few deep breaths. 'Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry.' I chanted in my head. After 5 minutes, I finally went back in the room. "Everything okay?" Zack asked. I nodded and gave them an assuring smile.

Alex is going to Australia, and I'll be going back to Ireland. It was short, but so worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long updates.. Thanks for reading! :D