Status: work in progress.. will update on weekends.. thanks for reading.

Cross the Line

Who invited the kidnapper?

We decided to celebrate the lovely occasion. Alex didn't win first place, but he got second, but it made us all proud. They were just hosting a poolside party in our school, but guests from outside were invited as well. So I can imagine there being a lot of girls.

"Congrats!" I congratulated Alex for about the millionth time today. He chuckled and pushed me. "Stop congratulating me." he mumbled. I grinned and pushed him back. "Congratulations!" I said again and stuck my tongue out at him. He stuck his out at me and blew a raspberry. I scrunched my nose at the little spittle flying through the air.

"That's disgusting." Zack commented. We just laughed and blew raspberries on Zack.

We were hanging around poolside table, just chilling. I watched the people around me as they drank sparkling grape juice and mocktails. Everyone was chit chatting and well.. partying. There were even a lot of couples making out and practically dry humping around the pool. Others danced to the loud house music that blared from the speakers.

"What is this crap song?" I wondered aloud. Rian groaned in agreement. A few students and kids from other schools came round to congratulate Alex. One in particular had asked Alex for his John Hancock.

"You did, fantastic!" Hannah squealed as she wrapped her arms around Alex. Alex said smiled in thanks but slowly pushed her away. She was wearing a short short short short red dress and was attracting a lot of attention. I inwardly chuckled at her.

Alex's phone rang. He picked it up and jogged into the building so he could have his conversation undisturbed by horny teenagers and crappy music. Jack decided to play pranks like spitballing random people with straw and tissue. I joined him a few rounds until a fight almost broke out. That was a close call..

My phone vibrated and my a bicycle 'DING' sound. Alerting me that I had had a new text. My intuition said that it would be my brother. I hesitated to look at the text but decided to anyway. I think it's pretty important.

'I couldn't w8 4 u so i left. i guess it wudn't hurt to stay longer, so ur bags r bk at ur dorm :) hv fun! LOL! (lots of luv).. Danny<3'

I read the text once, twice, thrice, letting it process in my head. I smiled at my brothers lack of ability to spell when he texts. I.. can.. stay!

"Rian! My brother allowed me to stay! I can stay!" I shrieked in excitement! I danced around the table, grabbing Jack. Rian and Zack soon understood the message and joined me in a dance around the table. We were getting weird stares from other people but we didn't care. I was staying in California! I love my brother!

ALEX'S POV

I eyed the figure suspiciously. He was wearing all black. Black hoodie, black jeans, black converse, sunglasses even though the sun would set any moment. He didn't look familiar at all. In fact he was openly staring at Blake. The figure watch Blake with an intense aura. He seemed oblivious to the fact that I was glaring at him harder than the cement floor.

In my pocket my phone buzzed and rang. Incoming call. I decided to take the call somewhere else so I could hear the person as the music was way too loud.

I jogged into the empty gym before answering my phone. It was my dad calling. Obviously, he had heard about me getting 2nd place in the National's. To me, it wasn't that impressive and I assume my dad is calling to nag me about not getting first place.

"Hey, dad!" I answered as cheerfully as possible. I closed my eyes, expecting him to shout any moment. I was surprised by his answer. This wasn't like him at all. Or maybe it's because he knew I had lost my voice. Or he's softening me up so I make the decision to go to Australia.

"Congratulations!" my dad replied with genuine happiness in his voice. I thought I was sick of hearing that word, but right now.. hearing it from my dad. It felt good. I was happy. "My son, you make me so proud. Me and your mother." I smiled. I liked hearing the soft side of my dad.

"Thanks, dad!" I answered. "You have placed second on the competition. However, the decision about Australia still stands." I was silent. I haven't really made my choice yet. "I understand that your voice is better." Well, I did get top 3 in the National's! "Yep, it's getting a lot better than it was before."

"You still can go to Australia and undergo special vocal training. It has to come to my attention that many great singers these days had also received training there. I think it would be good for you. Not to heal your throat. For vocal training." I'm a bit stunned by my father's words. "I'll think about it." I replied carefully. "Alright, my son. Goodnight! Think hard about the decision." Then he hung up.

I sighed. I think I rather not think about this right now. I don't want to spoil my party mood. I walked back to the pool to see Blake, Jack, Rian and Zack dancing around the table like a bunch of idiots on drugs. "What the fuck is wrong with you guy?" I asked curiously.

There was a bright smile and a twinkle in their eyes. They were literally glowing with excitement and happiness. "Daniel allowed me to stay! I don't have to move back to Ireland!" Blake announced. Excitement took over me as I joined them. We danced a few rounds the table until the hooded figure came into view.

He was approaching us. His hands shoved into his pockets with a stance that said, 'Don't mess with me.' "Who's that?" I asked nudging my head in his direction. Before anyone could answer. The hooded figure grabbed Blake and threw him over his shoulder. "Oi!" Blake shouted. Then he took off with Blake jiggling over his shoulder.

Blake.. has just been.. kidnapped.
♠ ♠ ♠
BLAKE'S BEEN KIDNAPPED! OH NO! stay tuned for more!
thanks for reading and woah, where did that 2 recs come from? Thanks!!!
YAY! We passed the 120 reader milestone! Fuckin awesome, guys! Thanks alot
STAY AWESOME!

P.S. comments are very much appreciated