Status: work in progress.. will update on weekends.. thanks for reading.

Cross the Line

Welcome, to my summer house!

The week had flew past by like a mosquito. It was after classes, on a sunny Friday, Alex and I were locking our dorm room and making sure we had everything packed. "Sunglasses? Sunscreen? Rubber ducky?" I asked in one shot. "Check. Check. Check. Wait.. rubber ducky?" he asked confused. I laughed at him, "Just testing, and you failed!" He playfully glared at me and pretended to cry. Just then, Jack, Zack and Rian had left their dorm room.

"Mommy! Blake bullied me!" Alex whined as he clung onto Rian's leg. Rian jiggled his leg making Alex fall off, "Punch him!" Jack commanded. Alex grinned and chased me around the dorm corridors. "Stop it!" I laughed out as Alex pounced, grabbing my leg. "Bad boy! Sit down!" I demanded. Like Riff, Alex whined but sat down. I laughed and said as I walked away with my bag and guitar, "Get up, bitch!"

He got up and joined me as we walked to to their van. We loaded our bags into the back of the van until a high pitched voice squealed out.

"Aaaaleeeex!"

We all turned around to face a blonde girl, sunglasses, underdressed with shorts and a tank top,and pulling a really big, bright pink suitcase. She smiled as she stood in front of us. She was chewing some sort of pink gum. Everything about her was pink, it made my eyes burn.

"H-H-Hannah?" Alex choked out, shocked. The other boys inwardly groaned and the look on their faces were like, 'Kill me now'. "I heard you were going on a trip to Zack's summer house! So... I took the liberty of clearing up my schedule... and go with you guys!" she giggled enthusiastically. Jack looked really pissed.

Alex sighed and placed his hands over his face. "How did you get in?" Alex asked, his voice muffled by his hands. She giggled again, "Honey, you can do a lot of things with money!" She bribed him? Oh, damn. I already took a certain dislike to the girl but I decided to let her have a chance.

"Hi, I'm Blake." I waved at her. She giggled again, "Oooh... Irish! I've always wanted an Irish boyfriend, but I have Alex!" I resisted the urge to gag as I hopped into the shotgun seat of the van. Rian drove, Zack sat at the back with Hannah and Alex.

"This van seems all too familiar.." I wondered out loud. "You don't remember?" Rian asked. I shook my head and asked, "Why? What happened?" He laughed as he answered, "You got crushed by our fans and had your face squished against the window. We were in the van!' All of us burst out laughing.

I turned around and chatted to Jack and Zack while I observed Hannah and Alex. Hannah had her hands on Alex's chest and her legs draped over his lap. I felt my stomach churn and I felt this wave of jealousy run through me. Wait, why am I jealous? I shook it off and noticed Alex's face of agony as he shifted underneath Hannah's legs.

I continued to chat with Jack, Zack and Rian as I felt a pair of eyes looking at me. I turned to see Alex staring at me. we locked eyes for a moment, then I smiled at him and turned back to the front. The whole ride there, I felt Alex's gaze but refused to look at him. Why? I can't answer that.

I listened to my i-pod the rest of they way. I stared out the window and daydreamed. I loved daydreaming, it was like I was put into a trance and my imagination ran wild. Soon enough, we had arrived. My jaw hit the floor as I gazed at the big, big, big, beautiful summer house.

"Welcome, to my summer house!" Zack announced as he took a few bags out the back of the van.

http://www.sanibelbayfronthouse.com/photos_sanibel_island/images/AerialView_Beachhouse_Sanibel_Island.jpg

It was probably about 3 floors, a small swimming pool at the front, white with grey pillars, amazing view of the beach and a big balcony. I dragged my jaw on the ground as I walked up the the house with my guitar and bag. "Pick dibs on your rooms! Go!" Zack said as I bolted into the house and ran upstairs.

I ran around checking room by room. I already heard Jack and Rian fighting over a room. I found another staircase that led up to a really cool room. It had another flight of stairs leading to the rooftop, a mini balcony with the view of the greenery behind the house, a queen-sized bed, personal toilet and a wardrobe. I dumped my bag on the bed, shouting, "MINE!"

Zack popped his head into the room and gave me a thumbs-up. I grinned at him and said, "You've got to be a freaking millionaire to own this kind of house!" He laughed said proudly, "It's my aunts. She moved to Seattle so she left me the house." I walked up to him and gave him a brofist, "Nicely done, brah!" He grinned and accepted the fist.

I went to unpack some of my clothes and took my classical guitar out of it's case. I leaned it on the wall as I went to check out other rooms.

Alex had his own room, but currently arguing with Hannah, who wanted to share rooms. I peeked in the room, much bigger than mine with it's own mini balcony and a TV. Not bad. I walked to check Rian and Jack's room. Theirs were slightly alike, both with TV's and beds. The only difference was that Jack's had a hammock in it, but didn't have a personal toilet.

I inspected other rooms such as the gaming room, filled with video games, arcade machines and a couch. The kitchen was small but had all the efficient apparatus's. The living room had a TV, a piano, couches, and a big balcony with tables and chairs. Did I mention it has a BBQ pit! Fucking awesome!

I went out the balcony and plugged my i-pod into my ears. I breathed in the scenery of the beach, and the salty smell of the water. I really wanted to go for a swim but... I can't. I can swim but I can't wear the band around my boobs. I closed my eyes for a while, daydreaming again until I felt a presence next to me. I peeked to my left, there stood Alex, leaning onto the railing looking at me with a small smile.

"What up," I greeted. He chuckled and said, "Stop trying to be so manly." I froze. Did he know I was a girl? What was that suppose to mean? He chuckled again, "Chill out, man. You're at the beach!" I sighed. What if he found out...

"Let's hit the sand!" Jack shouted from below us. Jack was in his, swimming trunks running towards the water. He jumped and belly flopped landing on the sand as the waves retracted back to it's source. We laughed at his stupidity. "Shall we?" I said as I headed to go change into shorts and a t-shirt.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=61165813

I brought my guitar down and settled on a cozy spot. I climbed onto a big rock and sat down. "Not getting in the water?" Rian shouted to me. I shook my head, "Can't swim!" I shouted back. "I'll teach you!" he suggested. I just shook my head. He shrugged and ran into the water.

Unconsciously, I played some of my favourite classical tunes. I picked up my first guitar when I was about 3, learn classical and strumming. All because of my dad, I miss him a lot. I laid on the stone, slipped on my sunglasses and basked in the sun. I want a tan. The cold weather in Ireland had made me pale like a vampire.

I watched to the boys play as they splashed water at each other. I smiled at them. I decided to take a nap, but Zack interrupted me. He sat next to the stone, leaning on it. "What's the relationship between Alex and Hannah?" I asked him. He looked up at me, "Childhood friends. Wherever Alex went, Hannah was behind him. Alex is the reason Hannah is into music, she plays violin in a music conservatory."

I nodded and rolled onto my stomach so I was directly above him. He continued, "She's never been close with any other boy. Only Alex. She's determined that they were 'meant for each other'." He used his hands to put emphasis on the phrase.

"C'mon, I've got something for you. Nice shirt by the way." he complimented. I grinned and thanked him. I looked at my red shirt that said, 'Beaches love me'. I left my guitar on the rock and followed Zack into a shed nearby. He keyed in some buttons as the shed door opened and we came into view of 10 sand buggies and quad bikes.

"Pick one." He said as he got on to the blue quad bike and I chose the green one. he showed me the controls before speeding out the shed. I sped after him chasing him up and down the beach. We were soon joined by 3 other bikes. The boys had joined us, but Hannah was still sun bathing.

We rode around the beach until the sun had started to set. We all sat in a line, feet stretched out for the waves to touch them, watching the sun. I took my guitar out and played a slow tune that seemed very appropriate. Alex ,who was on my right scooched over, closer to me as he tried to untangle himself from Hannah's long arms.

Uncomfortable with his distance, I put my guitar in between us and took out my phone. I snapped a photo of the sun set and put it back. The sun had finally disappeared and the stars had come out. I picked up my guitar and walked back into the house.

"BBQ time!" Jack squealed. All still in bathing suits, Zack took out meats from the fridge and started the fire pit. It turns out, Rian was a pro at barbecue's. He prepared the whole meal! We sat down on the floor of the balcony and dug into the food. "Delicious!" I managed to say with my mouth full of pork ribs. I leaned on the railing and watched the happy chattering around me.

Zack and Jack were having a competition, who can eat the most ribs in 5 minutes. Rian was the judge, and Zack was winning by one rib. I laughed at their crazy ideas. I turned and saw a bored looking Alex who stared off into space as Hannah tried to get his attention. She huffed, got up and walked into the house.

Alex walked over to me and sat beside me. "You don't like her?" I asked him. He scrunched his nose, "She's a nice kid. Naive and overly attached." I chuckled. "I can see that.." We were silent until he asked. "Wanna go play video games?" I nodded and grinned. We got up and ran to the gaming room. "Dibs on player 1!" Alex shouted as he grabbed the remote. I glared at him as I took the second controller.

We played and played until a knock on the door came. "It's open!" I yelled. The door opened, we paused the game and saw Zack and another guy. Probably about the same age or a year or tow older.

"This is Gavin. He'll be showing us around town tomorrow." Zack explained. "Sup, Gav! Can I call you that?" I greeted him. He smiled, "Yeah, sure." Alex and Gav brofisted as we continued our game. "I need the loo.." I blurted out and ran to the toilet.

I did my business and came out to find Gavin smirking at me. He had come from the direction of my room. "What's up?" I asked. He chuckled and walked away. Okay... creepy.

We cleaned up the house then called it a night. I couldn't shake off Gavin's creepy smile out of my head. Well, he probably was just joking around.

I can't wait to see the town tomorrow. It's going to be super!
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty long.. anyway... THANKS FOR READING!