Sequel: All That Grace
Status: completed♥

It Just Might Be Me

twenty one.

Austin woke up the next morning to the sound of his phone vibrating.

He quickly crawled out of the bed, trying desperately not to wake Allie.

"What do you want." he hissed into the phone.

"Don't tell me the rumors are true, that you're dating this little bitch."

"It's not like its a secret, and she isn't a fucking little bitch." He growled quietly.

The voice on the phone belonged to Crissy Henderson; his ex girlfriend. The one who had given him all of the emotional turmoil back at the start of Warped.

"Don't you miss me?" She purred, obviously pouting into the phone.

"No. I love her, you're irrelevant to my life. Don't forget, you broke up with me."

"Ouch Aussie, that hurts." She whined, a nasty tone to her voice.

"I don't need to deal with you, i'm hanging up now." He announced.

He slammed his phone down on the table and groaned as Allie walked into the room.

"Everything okay?" She asked nervously.

Austin's face instantly softened as he mumbled "work stuff."

She nodded skeptically, yet understandingly as she outstretched her arms to him.

He kissed her quickly before excusing himself to take a shower.

She sighed. She didn't want her week with Austin to be stressful in any way.

Allie tugged her shirt off and replaced it with one of Austins for the time being.

His phone was facedown on the table and Allie was tempted to see who he had been speaking to.

She knew she couldn't. Trust was a huge issue for her and she would never want to give Austin a reason not to trust her.

It wasn't that she didnt trust him in that moment, but he had seemed a little suspicious.

Austin got out of the shower and changed into a long sleeve black shirt and dark wash skinny jeans. His preferred outfit of choice.

he entered the kitchen to find Allie making a pot of coffee. She was humming happily, and his phone was untouched.

"Good morning Martha Stewart." He teased, wrapping his arms around her waist. This was the Austin she knew.

She smiled and shrugged off his arms, before turning around and wrapping hers around his neck in a loving embrace.

"All better?" She asked, referring to his earlier altercation on the phone.

"Yeah, it was stupid Aspire & Create bullshit." he lied, smiling at his beautiful girlfriend.

She believed him, and poured two cups of coffee for the two.

"Let's go on the deck." He suggested, and Allie's face lit up.

She followed him out onto the deck and was greeted by a breathtaking view of the ocean.

"Can I just stay here forever?" She sighed, envious that he got to see this everyday.

"Uh, yes." He said seriously, sipping his coffee and watching Allie.

She always looked stunning when she was enthralled in something.

"Can we go on the beach from here?" Allie asked, practically jumping out of the little dress she had put on.

Austin shrugged, laughing at her excitement. "If you want!"

"Its 70 degrees! In December! At home there's already snow on the ground!"

He outstretched his hand to her, and she clasped it tightly as the two walked down the steep wooden steps onto the sand below.

"I want you to meet my dad." He piped up suddenly as the waves rose and gently grazed over their feet.

Allie looked a bit nervous, but smiled and agreed.

"he invited us over for dinner tonight. I mean, if you're up to it." Austin smiled, watching Allie's expression ease up.

"I'm excited to meet him, especially if he's anything like you." Allie mused.

"I really wish you could have met my mom. She would gush over you." he admitted quietly.

"I wish I could have met her too." Allie admitted honestly.

-

"Allie you look breathtaking, stop worrying!" Austin laughed as Allie toyed with the fabric of her skirt.

She was wearing a maroon dress with a black bow on the chest.

Austin thought she looked stunning, and he was proud to bring her home to his father.

"I'm shaking." Allie admitted, giggling.

"I was fine when I met your parents!" Austin laughed.

"Yeah, but you're smooth and suave and perfect and ugh, i'm none of that." Allie whined.

"You're all of those things! Plus, you're beautiful and intelligent, and so easy to talk to. I wouldn't worry anyway, even if you weren't all those things, my dad is pretty easy to impress.

Allie cracked a smile.

"You're luck you're cute."

"I know I am." Austin joked adorably.

The drive to Austins fathers house was relatively quiet.

Allie's heart was literally pounding the second he opened the door.

"Hi Mr. Carlile." she squeaked out nervously.

"Call me Edward! You're Allie i'm assuming." He smiled in a genuinely friendly manner.

"hey dad." Austin smiled, his hand wrapping itself around Allie's waist.

"It truly is nice to meet you, i've heard the most incredible things about you."

Allie blushed. "it's nice to meet you too! And likewise!"

"Where is the bathroom? I wanna wash up quickly." Allie said nervously, as Mr. Carlile directed her.

"She's so nervous." Austin said as soon as Allie was out of sight.

"Why? Am I scary? He answered his son teasingly.

"She just really wants you to like her. This means a lot to her." Austin admitted, a smile forming on his face.

"She's sweet. I like her a lot. She's good for you. I've never seen you so happy." He said genuinely to his son.

"Thank you." he mouthed as Allie walked back into the room.

"Tell me about yourself?" He requested as Allie and Austin sat down at the table.

"Well, I'm twenty three years old, I was born and raised in New York City, music is my life, and i have a crazy Greek family. that's pretty much it." She laughed happily.

"Do you have any siblings?"

Allie's composure shifted a bit, and she fidgeted with her hands slightly.

"I had a sister, she passed away."

"I'm sorry." He replied, knowing all too well what losing someone like that felt like.

"dad, this is really good." Austin piped up, trying to change the subject.

"I like you Allie. you're incredible sweet, and my son really loves you, so you must be something truly special." He smiled.

Austin closed his eyes and sighed contently.

"It was really nice to meet you." she smiled happily as they said their goodbyes.

"See babe, i knew he'd love you."

"He is so wonderful." Allie smiled.

When the two got back to Austins house, Allie was feeling incredibly close to Austin.

Meeting his father made things feel real again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Allie's dress! (I have the same one hehe) http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=64979286

predictions?

a lot going on in this chapter.

how do we feel about everything?

dont be a silent reader♥ love you all to the moon and back!

recommend too if you'd like :]

xoxo
a♥