‹ Prequel: Untitled
Status: comment, favorite, follow me :D...if you wanna

Happy 4th

Cherokee Dakota Dalton

**Two weeks later**

The mornings seemed to come quick as the screech of the pre-set alarm clock went off like it did every day at 8 am…oh joy (note the sarcasm.) I pulled the covers from on top of myself which sent a chill down my spine as the cool air made contact with my bare flesh. Today was going to be just another normal day just like any other aboard the Helicarrier which would include both physical and mental training which started at straight up noon. The physical training like weight lifting was taught by Thor, science and mechanical training was taught by Tony and Bruce. After all, they are the science bros…do you like my little nickname for them? Let us see, weapons training is taught by Clint and Natasha is teaching me how to get information out of someone using my looks and my brain and lastly but certainly not least is hand to hand combat with Steve *fan-girls* which to me is the best part of my day. The only time I get free-time is on Saturdays and Sundays and that is when I go into town to get supplies or to visit the school and my parents. Today was Friday and I was happy for that…it meant that today was the last day of training till next week.

I hoped out of bed and made my way to the closet. Pulling it open my eyes instantly darted to this outfit. (http://www.polyvore.com/sabrinas_normal_clothes/set?id=63748066#stream_box ) My smile grew quickly, due to me loving leather and all. I grabbed the clothes and ran to the bathroom to start getting ready. After I showered and shaved I got dressed and did my hair and make-up. I took one last look in the mirror and smiled at my reflection. Making sure I grabbed my cell phone, I slipped out of my room closing and locking the door behind myself. Standing in the hallway I leaned my back against the bedroom door and finished lacing up my boots.

I began walking down the long corridors that turned and twisted on the way towards the rec room when I felt my phone vibrate against my hip. I pulled it from my pocket and began reading over it. ‘Omg what’s up gurl’ I let out a small chuckle as I read that it was from my best friend from the mansion. I typed in my message and hit send ‘nm…just getting ready to do some training, why?’ Taking another turn I finally found myself in the kitchen we all shared. I grabbed the cereal from the cupboard and poured myself a bowl. As I sat down, the buzzing echoed from my pocket again, so I pulled it out and scanned over it ‘boo…I wanted you to come and hang with me…be a good friend and come either play hooky with me, or you could always come pick me up and we could train together!’ I sighed as I replied to it ‘you know damn well that I can’t play hooky…you know who my father is and you know who I work for, but I guess it would be nice to have a friend to spar with…I mean no offense to the people I work with but the only strong person I fight with is the captain…ok I will pick you up in a half hour.”

I finished my text and my breakfast and made my way towards the top of the ship. Making sure no one was around I slipped into a two seater pilot jet and took off towards the mansion. I landed outside in nine minutes and hoped out to go find her. Without even knocking I pushed open the big oak doors that led inside. My eyes scanned over all the bustling people and that’s when they landed on Cherokee who was now sitting on the last step of the spiral stairs with a suitcase at her feet (http://www.polyvore.com/cherokee_dakota_dalton/set?id=65564599 ). I couldn’t stop the smile that was growing rapidly on my face as I raced towards her. She stared up at me with the same smile on her face as she stood up and we embraced each other in a hug. I pulled away from the hug and stared down at the suitcase “how long do you think you’re gonna be staying?” she smiled coyly up at me. I just shook my head and laughed lightly “come on let’s get going, if I’m not on time for training Director Furry will kill me” I hoisted her bag over my shoulder and motioned for her to follow me.

We stepped outside and made our way over to the jet. I hopped up into the front seat and threw her bag into the very back. She was still standing on the ground outside “well what are ya waiting for” she seemed hesitant to get inside “do you even know how to fly one of these things?” I ran a hand through my hair and gave a light chuckle “of course I do, it was one of the first things that SHIELD taught me to do” she nodded her head and hopped up into the seat next to mine. I shut and locked the top and took off towards the helicarrier.

------Skipping plane ride back------

The whole ride back we talked about things like science and
well of course we talked about the avengers. Cher wanted to know everything about them, especially since she is a big fan of all of them. I looked at the clock that sat on the dash of the jet and it read 11:30am. I smiled in victory as I landed the jet on to the tarmac of the helicarrier. The doors of the jet swung open and we both hopped out “come on Cher, I’ll introduce you to everybody.” She nodded, grabbing her bag out of the back and following me inside. We walked through the big metal doors that lead into the main room where all the work took place, or the boring room that I avoid at all times possible.

This is where Director Fury usually hangs out, along with Natasha and Clint. They say that they’re not into each other and I guess that it must be true because Clint has a girlfriend or so he says he does, but I wouldn’t know because I’ve never met her before. All I know is that her name is Jade and she goes by Blackhawk. Anywhore back to introductions and what not. We walked inside and there stood Director Fury in the center of the ship, doing what he does best which was directing I mean come on its in his title and everything. Once we entered the room I halted about two feet from Fury and made sure that Cher did the same thing by grabbing her arm. He turned slowly and faced us both. I gave him a salute and asked permission to speak which caused Cher to stare at me strangely because back at home I was never this obedient. Fury nodded his head for me to continue “Director Fury sir, this is my friend Cherokee and I was wondering if she could spend a little time with me to help me spar” I looked to him with hopeful eyes as I awaited his response.

He paused for a long time and my hopefulness was waning when suddenly he spoke “Cherokee Dakota Dalton, age 18, has a twin brother by the name of Bryan Allen Dalton who still resides at Xavier’s school for gifted youngsters. Both you and your brother can control metal as well as talk to animals, you can also change you appearance and your voice, a very useful skill if I might say. You and your brother came to the school at a very young age when you developed your powers and your parents didn’t know what to do, so they shipped you off to live there.”

Again he paused and then he looked back up at the both of us with a smile on his face which was weird because he NEVER smiles “Cherokee how would you like to join the avengers permanently” I looked over at her and she was smiling and nodding her head like crazy. I turned back to Fury and awaited instructions “very good, now Sabrina you will be her mentor and teach her everything that you have learned which means your training will have to be put on a temporary hold until Cherokee is caught up, now go and show her around the base and introduce her to everyone.” I gave him one last salute before we both exited the large room.

After I closed the door I could no longer contain my excitement and apparently neither could Cher because we both squealed with joy as we locked each other into a death grip as we spun in a circle. I stopped the spinning as I realized that I have to show her around “omg you have got to see our room, it is amazingly beautiful” I grabbed her free hand and drug her through the halls until we reached our room. I slid my key card to unlock the door and pushed the large oak door open to reveal the entire room. She walked inside and so did I and I made sure to shut the door behind myself. She spun around to get a full 360 view of the room. Once she stopped she smiled at me as she plopped down onto the new bed that somehow found its way into the room “I think I’m gonna like it here” I chuckled as I pulled myself up off of the bed “come on Cher, I have to show you around the base and introduce you to everyone” she nodded as she linked arms with me as we skipped out of the door and made our way down the hall towards the science lab.

I once again slid my card that granted us access to the lab where Tony and Bruce were working. As we both entered all I heard was Cher gasp. I looked up at her and her eyes were wide with wonder and joy, you see at the mansion we were kind of like Tony and Bruce. I loved technology and she loved science and chemistry. I also have an attitude more like Tony, though I hate to admit it and Cherokee is more like Bruce which is why I could totally see them as a couple. As I was lost in my thoughts Cher wandered away from me over towards Bruce. I snapped out of my daze and noticed that Tony was standing right beside me “so whose your little friend” I pushed him playfully “she is my best friend and her names Cherokee, so you better stay away from her” he put his hands up in a mock surrender “whatever you say babe.”

I walked over to Bruce and Cher and they were in a deep conversation about something scientifical “hey Cher I am gonna go to the training room are you just gonna stay here” she nodded her head and went back to the conversation with Bruce. I chuckled and made my way towards the door where Tony was standing “whelp Stark this was fun, but I’m off to do some training” he gave me one of his signature smiles “mind if I join you” I shrugged my shoulders and slipped out of the doors and we finally made our way to the training room but before we entered Stark stopped me. As soon as he spun me around his lips crashed on to mine. I was frozen and couldn’t move no matter how much I wanted to push him away, no matter how much my brain and heart were screaming at me right now. I just stood there as he slid his hands down to my waist. Finally something snapped inside of me as I brought my hand straight across his face that was sure to leave a hand print.

He stood there in shock and tears stung my eyes begging to be let out until finally they would no longer listen to me as they ran down my cheeks leaving a salty trail behind. He opened his mouth to say something but I didn’t want to hear it, I just pushed past him and ran to my room slamming it shut after I managed to open it and slip inside. My back slid down the door as I sobbed into my hands. The sounds of my cries could most likely be heard by all the surrounding rooms but I didn’t care. Stark was my friend and he knew how much I loved Steve so why would he do this to me. I was pulled from my thoughts by someone knocking at my door “w-who is i-it” I managed to say between shaky breaths. “It’s Steve, can you open the door please” oh great this is just perfect, I don’t want him to see me like this. I pulled myself from the floor and cracked the door open to reveal a worried Steve “are you all right, what’s wrong, what happened” he plied me with questions until I finally caved and told him everything that had happened. He looked angry, like he was gonna do something crazy like kill him. I grabbed his hand before he could leave “please Steve don’t do anything stupid…I wouldn’t want you to get in any trouble over me.” He squeezed my hand in his and smiled down at me. My face tinted a light shade of pink as his smile melted my heart and made me forget why I was even crying anymore. Before all my courage was gone I decided to ask him “S-Steve would you stay with me tonight” I looked into his eyes and he nodded his head as we both lay down in my bed. I snuggled closer to Steve as he held me in his arms. This moment was absolutely perfect and I never wanted it to end as I slowly drifted off to sleep in the arms of the man that I loved.
Just wanted to say thank you very much to http://www.wattpad.com/user/CaptainAmericasChic for the character idea of Cherokee Dakota Dalton<3
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait, hope you like it :D