Just A Small Wolf

Chapter Eight: The Truth

“Liar,” I said quickly as I shoved his hands of my shoulder. Hunter had confessed his feelings with such vulnerability which was something I hadn’t seen in him until then. I was kind of expecting more shy words to come from him but instead he went back to his arrogant ways.

“Think what you want.” He gave me a look, a very sexy look like he was looking at me naked. It made me feel very uncomfortable as I began to walk away again. I could hear him follow immediately this time but when he spun me around to face him he said nothing. Before I could say anymore his lips were against mine again. I wanted to pull away but at the same time I didn't desire it.

Hunter’s hands softly brushed my cheeks before trailing down to my waist. His tongue skimmed across my lips as my waist was pulled up against his body. For a moment I tried to push myself away with my hands on his chest but after moments I sank into it. His tongue slowly slid into my mouth clashing with my as his grip on my waist tightened. He pulled away for quickly and let his arms relax.

Hunter rested his forehead on mine and looked me in the eyes. I felt weird, I felt like I was doing something wrong. I didn’t move an inch of my body. Except for my eyes. They darted towards the ground as I could still feel Hunter’s hands on my waist. “Hey,” he said trying to get my attention. I looked up shyly as I felt my skin turn bright red. “I like you.” My entire body flinched when he told me. Hunter’s words seem so convincing but I still couldn’t complete the trust.

“You know nothing about me,” I told him. I wasn’t sure how I felt about the situation and my tone of voice didn’t help me decide. I didn’t sound sarcastic, nor snarky. I just sounded curious and casual which was unlike me.

“But, I love your personality, Cassandra,” he paused as he allowed our bodies to drift apart. “You're snarky,” he said as he walked away from me slowly, “you’re sarcastic,” he explained turning back to me quickly.

“This really isn’t helping-“ I began before getting cut off.

“But you’re so fragile,” he said while walking back over to where I stood. Hunter admired my features carefully. It sent a shiver down my spine. There was almost a sparkle in his eye, the same sparkle I often saw in Adam’s eyes. I was almost believing Hunter actually had feelings for me but before I could re-consider I was in his arms again and God it was a good feeling. “Cassandra,” he said making my eyes dart away again. “Hey,” he laughed trying to get my attention. I looked up quickly this time, looking into those gorgeous blue eyes. “I like you,” he repeated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. This is short.
I needed to get a point across but I also need to get Cassandra out of the forest.
I have plans now, devious plans.

Alright. TRY to enjoy this, at least.

~Sarah