Status: Still working on the story, it will be long and evenul, bear with us.

I Never Told a Lie, and That Makes Me a Liar

Chapter 4

I woke up to the smell of sweat and toe cheese. Although I knew what the smells were, almost immediately, having lived my whole life with a younger brother, I still asked aloud "Jesus Christ, what is that smell?"
"Awwhh, dude! You're aliiiiveee!!" Jack said as he zoned in on my bunk and sat at the end of it. "So how're ya feelin'?" he asked with a childish intonation.
"Um, fine, thanks..?" was my response. It was possible I was still dreaming, so I was very cautious about everything I was saying.
"I am where, again?" I asked, just to be sure I was still in the bus where I vaguely remembered being carried by a set of strong arms, that I was actually missing at the moment.
"The bus, you dipwad. Your boo" she started, stressing the last syllable, "Will be here momentarily. Feel free to move about the cabin." Jack said with a wink. "Oh, and the hotties clothes are over there," he turned and pointed to a bottom bunk, down the aisle, "Feel free to change darling."
I was dazed and confused, yet, the situation felt strangely normal to me. I was still deciding if that was a good or bad thing. I walked over to the bag Jack had pointed at and picked an Amerrickan shirt from the pile that smelled decent. While walking around the dirty, smelly, and surprisingly empty bus, faced towards the back, examining a small pile of bras the boys had obviously collected the night before, blue lacy one, a sheer black one and a hot pink push-up were among the several dozen placed on the table to the left of my bunk. When I turned around to see what else the bus had in store, I was surprised by a set of huge tattooed arms that wrapped themselves around my torso.
"Zack." I thought with a smile, and I pressed myself into the hug, biting my head in his chest. I took in his scent. There wasn't a distinct smell or memory associated with it, but he smelled nice, like a breath of fresh air.
He released and said to me, "I brought breakfast." a huge grin was on his face as he held up two Whole Foods cups and a small brown paper bag.
"Fuck yes!" I was starving; I hadn't eaten since before the show the night before. I grabbed the bag and dug around. In the end, I got a blueberry coffee cake and he got a cranberry orange muffin.
As Zack and I munched our food and made quiet conversation I silently wondered where the rest of the band was. It seemed odd that it should just be the two of us on a tour bus. Especially the all Time Low bus.
Time or location didn't really occur to me until I asked Zack, "Where are the boys?" I expected him to say that they were out getting breakfast, or doing another sound check. His reply was not what I expected.
"They're in Arizona. They took The In Crowd's bus early this morning and left this one to me and you, since we still have a few days until the next tour stop."
"Oh..." I trailed off. I wasn't sure how to feel about this situation. I liked Zack. A lot. But I'm only 17, this was nuts. Granted, I was already graduated and I technically could do whatever I wanted to do, it just seemed really fast.
"Are you okay?" I had obviously spaced out for long enough for Zack to come sit and look at me with a worried expression on his face.
"Yeah I'm fine!" I quickly lied, flashing a big smile his direction.
I called my mom once we had finished breakfast and explained to her that I got caught up at Jess's house and that she and I had met a few friends for breakfast and then out of nowhere we had decided on a summer road trip, so I would be coming by to grab some stuff. She didn't sound at all surprised and said she'd be home from the market soon. It was a big lie, but it wasn't a huge deal. I may not be 18 but I have the authority in my life, and there was no way she was going to stop my dream-come-true.
"So we're just going to drive this to my house?" I asked skeptically as Zack turned the ignition to the monstrous vehicle we currently sat in.
Zack replied "It's not very conspicuous but it's the best we've got right now, unless you'd prefer a cab."
I was serious contemplating jumping out of the bus at that very moment. I didn't really have a goo excuse as to why I was arriving in a giant tour bus, but I guessed I'd have to manage because we rolled out of the parking lot in the black beast, and onward, as I gave Zack directions to my quaint little house in the suburbs of Austin, TX.