Our Writer Couldn't Think of a Title So We Got Stuck With a Fall Out Boy Pun

Chapter 6

Patrick was late, of course the one day that Pete had something really important to do he’s late. Which of course gave him plenty of time to think about how stupid this idea of Mikey’s is and how it just wasn’t going to work and then Patrick is going to have him transferred to another doctor and then he’ll never get to see him with out it being unbearably awkward. Of course this was the moment that Patrick chose to enter his office looking all frazzled and adorable.

“I’m so sorry I’m late, my alarm clock never went off and there was traffic and then there were no parking spots so I had to park really far and walk all the way up here and yea I’m really sorry.” oh goodness, could he get any cuter? Oh yea kissing. “So you rea-” yes good job Pete, interrupt the angel while he’s talking to you. Okay that’s long enough stop kissing stop kissing stop kissing. Over all the kiss probably didn’t last longer than two seconds so it was still really messy and not Pete’s finest work. And now Patrick looks mad and crap this was a terrible idea why did he listen to Mikey? Stupid Mikey.
“I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to do that my friend dared me to do it and I know that I shouldn’t’ve listened to him but you just looked so cute and I’ve kinda been wanting to kiss you forever and I’m really sorry.”
“Oh…”
“Please don’t transfer me I promise I won’t kiss you again.”
“Pete?”
“Yea?” god here it comes, he going to get him kicked out of the hospital and now he’s never going to be able to work here.
“I’m not going to transfer you, c’mere, sit down.” Patrick said, sitting down at his desk and motioning to the one opposite his. After Pete took a seat he continued “do you remember your first day here, after lunch when we were talking and you started to say something and then it got interrupted by the nurse down at the clinic?”
“Yea”
“What were you saying?”
“Oh um nothing, I was just um saying that um” just get it done and over with, he already said that he wasn’t going to transfer you “IkindalikeyoualotandIthinkthatyou’rereallycoolandadorableandIwaswonderingifyouwantedtogooutonadatewithme...or something”
“…Pete I need you to please talk slower, it’s okay I won’t be mad”
“I kinda like you a lot and I think that you’re really cool and adorable and I was wondering if you would maybe want to go out on a date with me, it’s okay you don’t have to say yes if you don’t want to.” please for the love of all things holy, just say yes.
“Wait, y-you think I’m cute?” wait how did he not catch that?
“I think you’re absolutely adorable…along with other things but I don’t want to sound creepy so I won’t say them.”
“yes Pete, I’d love to go on a date with you.”oh my god he said yes. Oh my god you sound like a teenage girl.
“Also one more thing.”
“What?”
“I wasn’t dared to kiss you, my friend just told me to use that as an excuse if you got really disgusted and I kinda freaked so…”
“Oh okay lets-lets go like do our jobs and stuff.” oh goodness even as a blubbering idiot he still was adorable, how does he do that?

^^^^^^

Today was not turning out to be a good day for Patrick, he had woken up late and had had to get dressed in about two minutes to get to work on time, which wasn’t helped by the fact that there was traffic and no parking spots available, but eventually he did get into his office where Pete was waiting
“I’m so sorry I’m late, my alarm clock never went off and there was traffic and then there were no parking spots so I had to park really far and walk all the way up here and yea I’m really sorry.” ask him, stop stalling and just ask him about it “So you rea-” oh wait now Pete’s kissing you oh this is nice oh he’s done now
“I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to do that my friend dared me to do it and I know that I shouldn’t’ve listened to him but you just looked so cute and I’ve kinda been wanting to kiss you forever and I’m really sorry.”
“Oh…” he didn’t mean anything by it, guess you won’t have to talk to him
“Please don’t transfer me I promise I won’t kiss you again.” wait…
“Pete?”
“Yea?” just say it.
“I’m not going to transfer you, c’mere, sit down. Do you remember your first day here, after lunch when we were talking and you started to say something and then it got interrupted by the nurse down at the clinic?” too late to turn back now
“Yea”
“What were you saying?”
“Oh um nothing, I was just um saying that um” c’mon, just spit it out, please “IkindalikeyoualotandIthinkthatyou’rereallycoolandadorableandIwaswonderingifyouwantedtogooutonadatewithme...or something” huh?
“…Pete I need you to please talk slower, it’s okay I won’t be mad”
“I kinda like you a lot and I think that you’re really cool and adorable and I was wondering if you would maybe want to go out on a date with me, it’s okay you don’t have to say yes if you don’t want to.” wait what?
“Wait, y-you think I’m cute?” Patrick must’ve heard wrong
“I think you’re absolutely adorable…along with other things but I don’t want to sound creepy so I won’t say them.” Like what? Oh yea, the date thing
“yes Pete, I’d love to go on a date with you.”aw he’s got a really nice smile
“Also one more thing.” oh god this was all just a big dare and now he’s going to laugh at Patrick
“What?”
“I wasn’t dared to kiss you, my friend just told me to use that as an excuse if you got really disgusted and I kinda freaked so…”
“Oh okay lets-lets go like do our jobs and stuff.” god stop sounding like a blubbering idiot.

^^^^^^

“sooo didja guys make out?” were Gabe’s choice words upon them sitting down at their table for lunch. Because he really did enjoy making Patrick as embarrassed as possible.
“No Gabe, we did not make out, but we did talk and we’re going out on a date some time in the near future. Which reminds me, how’d your talk with William go?”
“Who’s William?” Pete said, confused.
“William was the dad of the first girl that we saw on your first day, apparently he works at this bar that Gabe goes to and Gabe finds him to be just dreamy” Patrick explained.
“Yea, like how Patrick feels about you.” Patrick was pretty sure that Gabe was related to the devil. “it went good, he was super nice and blushed when I asked him and stuttered a bit but it just added to his charm and we’re going out for coffee on Sunday.”
“You think I’m dreeeamy Patrick?” Great, now Pete has taken to mocking him too.
“I-I never said that.” it’s true but Pete didn’t need to know that.
“Doesn’t make it any less true.” Gabe interjected
“Hey, you said you wouldn’t make a big deal about it if I talked about it which I did so you” he pointed at Gabe “shut up.”
“You totally think I’m dreamy.” Pete said with a giant smirk on his face.
“Soooo when are you two going on this magical date?”
“Iunno, that one just asked me out, he never picked out a specific date or time.”
“That one? I have a name you know, but um…Friday good? I know this really good mexican place that we can go to, I’ll pick you up a seven?”
“Sounds delightful.”
“Awww, I’m totally remembering this for the wedding.”
“I really need to figure our where William works so that I can go there and start telling him embarrassing stories about you.”
“I already do that.”
“I hate you.”