Status: Entry for a contest :) Will properly link and such when not on my iPhone.

Set Fire

Two.

The weather outside was cold, dark, and windy. A storm was brewing and no one seemed to mind, or even notice, that it was standing off to the side with a sense of triumph.

"Shouldn't we be off wreaking havoc somewhere other than here?" Adam muttered quietly as he loaded his automatic riffle "Or is this absolutely where we need to be? The last time you were sure about it--"

"Hush."

Adam rolled his eyes and looked up at the demon he saw as his saviour. She was focused, calm, cool and collected. "Care to elaborate on your plan again?" he asked as he switched to loading bullets filled with holy water into a shotgun "You were pretty vague about it the first time around."

"We're going to reunite you with your brothers." she muttered "We're gonna need to take down mine first."

The hoard of demons surrounding the small office building that was temporarily housing the Winchester's wasn't something the odd duo was too concerned about. It wasn't exactly the worst thing they'd come across.

"Fun." Adam huffed as he stood up off the grassy knoll "Let's get started." he aimed his shotgun at a demons head, making his companion smirk as all eyes turned to them. Shock and anger filled the hoards faces as a select, brave, few came running at them. 

Adam slowly made his way into the parking lot, taking down demons who could not compare to his companion and her strength. His smirk matched the one she wore as he watched lesser demons fall to the ground with just one swift pull of the trigger. No matter where they went and what they were up against she always had his back. This much was clear to him as she ran up beside him to rip out the heart (or lack thereof) of a demon about ready to tear his head off.

"Thanks Short." he smiled as he switched to his automatic, careful not to waste his ammo.

Originally, when she had first made a deal with Death to hand Adam over to her, she cringed at the sound of his stupid pet name for her. However, after two years of constantly saving each others asses, she had grown quite fond of it.

"Anytime Ghoul Chow." she grinned as they reached the double doors "It's about to get tricky."

"Bring it." Adam nodded "You take the front, I've got your back."

Short shuddered at the sound of the gunshot coming from behind her. She was still surprised that he hadn't thought to kill her yet. What she didn't know, or even seem to understand, was that he cared for her. Short was his only friend in the world and brought him back when his brothers couldn't. He owed Short more than she could ever know.

"Duck!" he shouted as she slid to her knees.

He pulled the trigger as soon as he knew she wouldn't be in any harm. The look on her face made him burst out laughing as the body of the demon he'd just taken down fell on top of her. 

"Zip it or I'll shut it for you." she growled.

"Those phrases don't work together at all." he chuckled as he took her arm and lifted her up off the ground "We have to go up three floors to get to them."

Short attempted to dust off the blood from her white corset. "Well, then, we'll skip the slaughter on the second and third floor and go straight up. Lock ourselves in with them until we can find a proper way out. You know those mindless idiots are gonna figure out what's going on eventually if they don't already know now."

Adam nodded in agreement and followed Short up the fire escape stairwell. His automatic was at the ready while his shotgun was slung on his back. A smile crept onto his face as he took notice of Short's hand gently gripping the pink pistol resting on her right hip.

"Don't squeeze it too tight."

"That's what he said." she muttered as she threw the door to the fourth floor open.

They began picking off the five or so demons that stood between them and the cozy corner office that held the Winchester brothers.

Adam grinned triumphantly as the last of the small group fell to his feet. "Ready for this?" he muttered.

"Are you?"

"Not at all."

They quietly walked over to the door, Short not hesitating to kick it in to finally claim her prize.

"Oh, you've gotta be fucking kidding me!"

"Devils trap." Adam said with a sigh as he came up behind her.

He watched her for a moment, amused at her current situation, before the sudden realisation that they weren't alone hit him.

"Adam." Dean breathed in disbelief. Sam's voice followed with a pained crack.

"Evelyn."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh snap! What do you think? :) I'd love some feedback!