Free Bird.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition

Nikki

I’m sitting on the curb outside the restaurant when I feel a presence beside me. “Chris, just leave me the hell alone; I’m not talking to you.”

“Good thing I’m not Chris then.” The presence chuckles before sitting down next to me. I turn my head and see Jeremy sitting down beside me. “You know Chris is just looking out for you.”

“He thinks he’s watching out for me but he’s not. This is my life and I can do whatever the fuck I want!” I exclaim followed by a growl.

“Feel better?” Jeremy chuckles.

“No.” I reply before sighing. “I need a drink now.”

“Then how about we ditch these guys and go to a bar?” He suggests. “First round is on me.”

I look at him then back at the restaurant. “We’re suppose to be eating dinner with our friends, would it be mean if we suddenly ditch them?”

“It would be mean but who gives two shits?” He chuckles. “Besides, I’ve got to take you out on a date if Chris is truly trying to get us together.”

“So is this just drinks or is this a date Mr. Renner?” I ask with a smirk forming on my lips.

“It’s whatever you want it to be.” He replies with a smile forming on his own lips.

I take one more look at the restaurant before looking back at Jeremy. “You’re on.” He simply smiles before standing up; offering me a hand. I smile up at him before taking his hand. He lifts me up onto the ground and we start towards his rental.

“So where to m’lady?” He asks once we’re inside his car.

“Craziest dive bar possible?” I suggest, earning a smile from him.

“You are clearly not the average girl.” He notes with a laugh as he starts his car.

“Did you expect me to be?” I question him with my eyebrow raised.

“Yea, actually.” He admits as we pull out of the parking spot. “But I’m glad you aren’t. Average girls are boring.”

“I’m glad you think that.” I tell him. “Because I’m the furthest thing from being normal.”

“Should I be scared?” He questions with a smirk.

I lean close to him when we get to the red light; so close our faces are centimeters away from each other. I lean close to his ear, “Very scared,” I whisper in his ear before pulling back. He smirks at me before driving off once the light turns green. Tonight is seriously going to be an interesting night.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Sin Wagon by Dixie Chicks

now this is the part, I'm going to need my lovely readers to step in at. I'm stuck between two ideas for the next chapter. I'm thinking either they drunkenly hook up or Nikki gets trashed and basically throws herself at Jeremy but he kindly declines before taking her home. Vote for which one you'd want to see.

comment&subscribe? Also thoughts on the layout?