Free Bird.

The static of your arms, it is the catalyst

“Someone’s birthday is next week.” Chris smirk as he walks into the living room that night with a big bowl of popcorn. I groan while Jeremy looks at me.

“Why didn’t you tell me your birthday’s coming up?” He asks, putting an arm around me, pulling me closer to him.

“I hate my birthday, especially this one coming up.” I mutter as I snuggle up to him.

“Aw, someone’s afraid to turn 30.” Chris coos before coming over to me, pinching my cheeks. I push him away, glaring at him. “It’s really not that bad.”

“Yes, because you’re a dude!” I exclaim. “Turning 30 is tough on a girl. It means we’re getting old and closer to wrinkles and gray hair!”

“Stop being so dramatic.” Jeremy laughs before kissing my temple. I turn my eye and playfully glare at him.

“You have no room to talk either Mr. I-Get-Better-With-Age.” I tell him. “I swear I’m getting uglier as the years roll by.”

“That’s not true.” Chris points out. “You’ll always be hot, Nik.”

“You’re gorgeous; don’t forget that.” Jeremy says, tightening his grip around me.

“Can we just watch the movie and not discuss my birthday?” I ask them.

“Sure baby girl, what movie are we watching?” Chris asks.

“S.W.A.T.” I smile, looking up at Jeremy. “Just to prove that Mr. Renner does in fact get better with age.”

“That and she has the hots for Colin Farrell.” Chris laughs, earning a shrug from me as he plays the movie. “See she’s not going to even say something to prove me wrong.”

“He’s one hot Irishman.” I laugh. “We could always just watch Fright Night.”

“And have you drool over David Tennant?” Chris scoffs. “Not happening.”

“But he’s the Doctor!” I squeal. “You could always get me a Tardis for my birthday.”

“No, I’m not feeding your nerd girl fantasies.” Chris blurts out as he sits down in his Lazy-Boy.

“Yet, you’re basically pushing me to sleep with Hawkeye.” I chuckle. “How is that not feeding nerd girl fantasies?” Chris just sits there thinking while Jeremy and I are laughing. “The famous Chris Evans has no reply to my question! I win. You will get me a Tardis for my birthday and it’ll be magically.”

“I like this side of her!” Jeremy laughs. “I might just have to marry you now.”

“We can always get a flight out to Vegas right now.” I suggest with a laugh. “I’m sure my parents wouldn’t care if I get eloped.”

“My mother would kill you, though.” Chris laughs.

“Can we watch the movie now?” I ask. “I feel the urge to snuggle up with Jeremy and drool over Gamble and Street.” The boys just laugh before Chris turns the movie on. I snuggle up against Jeremy more and lay my head on his chest. I truly feel safe and content. Something I haven’t felt in awhile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nik

chapter title credit: Strangeness and Charm by Florence + The Machine

just a filler chapter. Comment&subscribe?