Vamp Camp

004: All Day Long

The painfully yearning encounter of chemistry class dragged on for what felt like hours. All throughout the rest of the class, I had to do everything in my power to keep from touching her. Just brushing my fingers across her cheek gingerly... Or even accidently brushing my arm against hers...

When these thoughts crossed my mind, I could hear Mathew grumble in protest. I'm sure that every outcome and thought from my mind had flashed through his at that moment. This thought made me smile. His irritation drifted through the air. Jealousy and resentment lingered from others, indicating that I wasn't the only one who noticed her. This made my smile wider.

Maybe, just maybe, the way I felt about the girl radiated through my thoughts. Even though she was almost a complete stranger, her emotions were the only ones I felt. The flutter of her heart beat and her breathing was the only thing I heard. Her the scent of her hair and the perfume of her skin were the only things I wanted to smell. I didn't care if it brought on that parched ache in my throat. I embraced it... I needed to feel the burn if I ever wanted the pleasure of feeling her body against mine.

I would never allow her to be put through what Alexander did again. That danger would not be allowed. From Alexander, me, or anyone else...

Out the corner of my eye I would occationally see her chew on her lip or fidgit with her hair. I craved to inquire about her quirks that showed her nervousness. I ached to tell her that she had no reason to fear from me, or anyone else, again. She moved her hair enough for a white gauze and bandage to become visible. The smell of light antiseptic and an open wound was a now slightly unblanketed by her hair.

I guess she noticed my rigid posture, because her heart soared. I instantly forced myself to relax so that I wouldn't bother her.

The bell rang... Not soon enough, yet still too soon...

"Alright class, I will finish the lecture tomorrow." Mr. Harley's hazy monotone was barely heard over the shuffling of students gathering their books.

Mathew was waiting at the door. He tensed as Amorette passed by. His rigid pose did not ease when I reached his side. I watched after her. Her soft white skirt flowed out behind her as she gracefully dodged in between males. Her soft steps were almost lost in the bustling music of the hall. Matt cleared his throat and my attention was then driven away from Amorette.

"What was that!?" He grumbled when she turned a corner.

I looked at him blankly, "What...?" We began walking to our next class.

His eyes narrowed, glaring at me. "All I heard from you all period long was about the girl... What the hell!?" He snapped, popping the back of my head.

"Well 'the girl' has a name," I grumbled, a tad bit offended. If he was going to listen in, then he should at least call her by her name. "Her name is Amorette, and it shouldn't matter who or what I'm thinking about."

"I know what her name is, Christopher." Matt glowered at me spitefully. "You act like I was trying to listen... You weren't exactly quiet about it. You might as well have been broadcasting your thoughts to everyone."

I barked out a laugh, "Everyone doesn't happen to be a mind reader, Mathew." The air suddenly grew silent and tense as we rounded the corner. I could hear her heart beat unevenly. She was nervous again. Then Matt confirmed my worries.

"Christopher..." I looked at him. His silvery blue eyes were stoney as they stared ahead. I followed his sight and saw Amorette hesitating at the elevator door. That was odd, but my temper spiked when I saw who was in it. Alexander... He was with Demitri, of course, but that hadn't stopped him the last time.

I felt my fists clench. I dragged Mathew behind me as I sauntered forward. I wasn't giving him this chance. She stepped in, and I reached the door before it could close. I yanked Matt in with me, who yanked away grumpily. I muttered the word 'Sorry' mentally. He rolled his eyes.

I looked at Amorette, "What floor?" I kept the tension out of my voice and made it polite.

"S-second..." She muttered meekly. She let her hair fall around her face to hide it.

"Good, looks like we're convieniently going to the same floor." I smiled at her politely. I could feel Alexander's glare against the back of my head. My smile turned into a smirk as a triumphant feeling fell over me.

"How ironic... Me too..." Alexander just had to open his mouth. I could see her tiny frame grow stiff as her heart beat erratically. Alexander let loose a low, almost inaudiable chuckle. I was sure that everyone around me heard her heart race. After all, her's was the only one beating.

The elevator came to a jerking halt and the door opened. The five of us stepped out and began, ironically, walking to the gym. Amorette lagged behind us a bit. I could feel her nerves twisting and untwisting continuously. I occationally caught Alexander glancing back at her until we arrived at the gym. Then she disappeared and we had to go change into our uniforms.

I entered the changing room, unlocked my gym locker, and changed swiftly. The loose shorts with a draw string and t-shirt with the school initials on it were unfortunately manditory. I started toward the door of the changing room, when my path was blocked by Alexander.

"So I heard you have first period with her..." His wore a smirk and there was a twinkle in his crimson eyes.

"Should it matter...?" I muttered. By now, there were already eyes on us. Alexander and I had problems way before this. He and I had never gotten along, not even when we were kids. I'm sure everyone was waiting for the fist fight that never seemed to come.

Alexander raised an eyebrow, "A little testy aren't we..."

I smirked back, "I'm suprised the word 'testy' is even in your vocabulary."

He gave me a dark glare and took a step forward. Matt's hand was then on my shoulder, "This isn't the time, nor the place." He was right. We glared at each other as I shoved by him.

When every one finally finished dressing, Coach Walton blew his whistle. We all knew that meant to gather around, and so we did. Standing beside him was Amorette.

"As you know," He started, "We have a new student among us. The only female member of the student body ever to have been welcomed to Arsen Academy." He motioned to Amorette. Her cheeks flushed delicately and she kept her eyes adverted to the floor.

I could tell instantly that they had ordered a custom outfit for her. Her shorts only came half way down her thigh, whereas ours reached our knees. Her top was a tad more form fitting and the neck line sat an inch lower. The shirt and shorts style were the same as ours, but they were definately different. I guess they wanted her to feel feminine. Don't get me wrong either, she looked great. The way the uniform hugged her curves... I was sucked back into reality when Coach started speaking again.

"We will be playing tennis today." He then started pacing. I will need one male to be Miss Lynne's helper for the week." Half the class's hands jabbed up into the air. He looked around and sighed. Then his eyes were on me, but I didn't notice until he called my name, "Reedus, you'll do it."

I saw Alexander's jaw drop in disgust. I could feel all of the envy, jealously, and spite being thrown at me as I answered him back.

"Why of course, Coach." The her eyes were on me. Her chocolate eyes widened and nervousness began to radiate from her. Her heart thumped unevenly and she began to chew on her lip again.

"Alright then. The rest of you-" He said looking at everyone else, "pick a partner." Everyone scattered and I took this chance to approach her.

"Hi." I smiled at her. "I'm sorry that I didn't get to introduce myself sooner. My name is Christopher Reedus. Nice to meet you."

"H-hi..." She muttered. Her voice was much more pleasant and soft than I had been expecting. Even though I had heard it before, it hadn't had the impact that it had now.

Coach Walton blew his shrill whistle again. "Alright..." He strut to the center of the gym. "I will be busy so I will give you the chance to verse what ever team you want." There was instantly a smug murmur that drifted throughout the room. The rivalries burned intensely as he walked away.

I looked down at Amorette. She was figiting with her hair and nawing on her lip again. Her eyes were adverted to the floor, so she wasn't looking around.

A mere second later, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked back and saw Mathew. His demeanor was smug and rivalrous. "Are you and your partner up for a bit of a challenge."

Amorette's head instantly shot up. Her chocolate eyes were panicked, and I knew why. "Depends..." I felt a slight smirk flitter across my face as his competitive attitude started to sink into me. I looked behind him at his partner. It was a boy that I had seen before. He was in our grade, and he was rather average. "Hello Davis."

Davis Herkly waved at me. He seemed rather frail, much to scrawny to be a vampire. His shaggy, dyed black hair hung in his face, and his foggy hazel-brown eyes were hidden by bulky black framed glasses.

"What, you and your partner-" He looked at Amorette for this, "not up for a challenge." I narrowed my eyes into a challenge worthy glare.

"You're going down Silphe." I lightly punched his shoulder.

A smirk spread across his face now as he then looked at Amorette, "Good luck." He muttered to her politely. Her heart stuttered uncomfortably. That ass...

I grabbed our rackets and the tennisball. I handed her a racket and gave her the chance to serve first. She looked at me anxiously, the ball and racket in her hands. I waved for her to continue encouragingly. Her smile was sheepish as she served the ball. Matt didn't take it easy on her. He hit it back as quickly as possible. I could tell that she didn't even see the ball as it passed. It double bounced, scoring them a point.

I glared at him. Really... He was using the fact that she was human to his advantage. I'll fix that...

I stayed close to her as the game continued. We went back and forth. Mathew and I were the ones doing the work, Amorette couldn't really help that and Davis just stayed out of his way. The game was called short before it was ended. We had to go change back into casual clothes. As it was, Mathew and I raced back to the dressing room.

I then heard a pealing chime. I knew it was a soft giggle that had escaped Amorette's lips. Her giggle made me stumble so I lost. I glanced back at her as I entered. There was a breathtaking smile on her face, which wasn't abashed for once. Her eyes lightly twinkled as she watched after us. I tore my eyes from her as I closed the door behind me.

Standing in front of me was Mathew. There was a hint of a boastful look to his facial features, yet there was a dominate sour aura eminating from him.

"What?" I muttered as we started to change. I had changed into my jeans before he spoke.

"You are much too infatuated with that child." He grumbled.

"She is a year younger than us." I grumbled back, taking my shirt off. "She is hardly a child."

"I see a lovers' quarrel is taking place..." Alexander chuckled walking behind us. I rolled my eyes at his self-righteous attitude.

"You're eloquence still manages to amaze me." I growled turning to face him.

I yanked my shirt over my head as his eyes narrowed. I glowered back at him as he spoke again, "Screw you, Reedus." I ignored him and walked out the door.

As I stepped out, my eyes were instantly on Amorette. She held her books in her arms gingerly as she ambled to the door. I widened my stride so that I could catch up to her before she got too mixed into the crowd. I could feel Mathew's irritation and Alexander's jealously as they stepped out of the locker room.

"Hi." She smiled up at me timidly. "What class do you have next?" I tried my best to keep the earnest out of my tone and voice.

"Um..." She fumbled around with her books, eventually pulling out a peice of paper. She studied it for a moment and then spoke. "English." She replaced the paper. Well damn...

I tried to keep the disappointment out of my voice when I spoke again. "Oh, I guess we don't have that class together." She nawed on her lip again as we walked to the elevator we stepped in and we stood there alone as we drifted to the third floor. The three tense minutes were awkward. We stepped out and went our separate ways.

Mathew's POV

I walked behind Christopher and the girl. I was glad that the humming in Christopher's mind was silenced by the elevator doors closing behind them. I entered the crowded elevator next to the one that was already on the move. Voices were humming silently around me, even though no one was talking.

The dull roar was atleast enough to allow me to think. I avoided entering anyone elses mind. All I would hear were hormonal thoughts about a female going to our academy. It was rediculous... She smelled appetizing and she is a very attractive young woman, don't get me wrong. I already had to deal with Christopher's ramblings about her in his head.

I already knew what that was. Damn you eternal bonds... I saw this coming the second they truly locked eyes. My annoyance was a tad exaggerated, and she didn't deserve it. But, Christopher on the other hand, did...

I was almost mechanical as I walked to my next class. I just stared ahead, ignoring the song that whistled throughout the hall. The roar of voices and the tune of their internal voices mumbled. I entered my english class and took my normal seat. Mrs Ginger wasn't there yet. This wasn't odd. She was normally at least five minutes late. I was shocked she hadn't gotten fired for chronic tardiness.

The whistling hall began to hush and I could now hear the whimsical thoughts of Mrs Ginger. She stepped through the door right as the bell rang. "Hello class..." Her opraic voice sang out. Then that pleasant scent then walked through the door.

"As I'm sure you all know, we have our very first female student at Arsen academy." She danced to the front of the class and Amorette hesitated at the door. Mrs Ginger looked back at her and waved her forward, "Well come on deary; we don't bite." She chimed buoyantly. I could hear her heart stutter uncomfortably, and I understood that she knew that wasn't entirely true.

Amorette advanced slowly and carefully. "Class, this is miss Amorette Lynne." Mrs Ginger was now by her side again. "I expect you to treat her with respect and kindness." Her bright red lips spread into a deadly smile, "I would hate to have to expel any of you for your behavior." The tiny woman turned back to Amorette and pointed to the seat in front of me.

Oh no... "Why don't you take the seat in front of Mr Silphe." Her eyes moved to the seat and then proceeded to my face. Her heart thumped unevenly as she approached. I sighed irritably. Damn you Mrs Ginger...

She took her seat and sat in a rigid posture. The aroma coming off of her blew in waves. She was very attractive, yet I held no attraction for her. I almost felt bad for my severe attitude toward her. I had never even tried to peer into her mind. I only saw her how Christopher did. All of the infatuation seemed to make me a tad bitter. Maybe it was jealousy... Who knew...

Maybe I needed to gaze into her mind... Maybe I would find the attraction that so many felt for her inside. The only thing visible in front of me was her dark mahogany hair. I concentrated, attempting to force my mind into hers. To hear her voice...

After a few moments, class had started and I had begun to grow aggrivated. I've never had to try in order to enter someone mind, so I was thrown off guard. I sucked in and exhaled a deep breath to calm myself, ignoring the burning her sweet scent caused. I concentrated a little harder and it was like a wall.

I jumped as I entered her mind. There was no articulation to her thoughts. It was a docile purr. Very calming, soothing in a way... Now, hearing her smooth thoughts, I could see what her allure was. I felt no intimacy for the girl... I couldn't feel that way about her. Something blocked any way for me to feel that way about her. Maybe it was the fact that she was eternally bonded to my best friend...

How ironic... Now I kept her in my thoughts. I knew that if Christopher found out about this I would never hear the end of this, so I forced myself out of her mind.

The rest of the class was spent by Mrs Ginger dancing around the class room, quoting Shakespeare. I would occationally hear a giggle escape her mouth, even though I did everything I could to keep my mind away from her. I almost enjoyed being inside her mind. It was calm, even though her demeanor was a nervous wreck. When I was inside of her mind it was as though everyone else's constantly nagging voices were silenced. I guess once inside the odd shield within her head there was nothing that got through.

At one point Alexander had finally decided to show up to class. Amorette shivered and sunk down in her seat when he strut across the class and took his seat. Mrs Ginger acted as though he had never interrupted.

When the bell rang, she spoke to Alexander. "Mr Flannery, the next time you want to show up to my class with only ten minutes to spare-" She smiled at him politely, "just don't show up at all." He merely chucked and followed me out the door. I continued on, but Alexander waited by the door.

His decision to wait sent every out come possible through my brain. I stopped in my tracks after hearing her name in his incoherent thoughts. I turned back and watched as he pounced the second she stepped out the door.

"Well, hello there..." He was trying for seducive. He was half bent over her a pair crimson eyes peered down at her. The way her heart stuttered, I could tell that a jolt of fear gripped her.

I was by her side in an instant. "Back off Alexander." His crimson eyes were locked to mine. He stood up straight, an attempt at menacing.

Fuck off, Silphe. He growled through his thoughts. I glared at him, "I won't repeat myself." He gave me an icy stare. Then the memory of Geraldine's threat flashed through his mind, and that sent a new vision through my head. One of him in night classes... I bit my tongue so that I wouldn't laugh and ruin the moment. "If you don't leave her be, then I will alert the headmaster and tell him that you are harrassing her."

"You wouldn't..." His dare made an involuntary smirk flitter aross my face. I could hear him give up in his thoughts. Bastard... He grumbled. He stalked away irritably.

I then looked down at her. She glanced up at me through her thick lashes. Her eyes were greatful. I sighed and steered her away from the door, "What's your next class?" I tried to keep the irritation and severity out of my voice.

"Math with James." Ironic... My class...

"I am headed that way now, how about I walk you there...?" I kept the harshness from my features. She looked up at me with a panic striken look in her eyes. This made me utter out a chuckle. She was scared of me... It's not really like I've really been very civil with her, so it's atleast slightly understandable.

She nodded and we walked to Mr James's class. He was already in front of the class writing formulas on the front board. The class was pretty much empty. He turned and looked back at us. "Ah, I take it that this lovely young lady is Miss Amorette Lynne...?"

Amorette's lips were pressed into a firm line as she nodded. "Good. Take a seat anywhere." He turned back to the board, "We don't have assigned seats in this class." I sat beside her. Alexander is in this class too. The class was almost completely filled up when Alexander came stalking in. He saw her, smiled, and then his eyes landed on me.

Class didn't last long. It passed by quickly. I listened to Mr James's humming brain. The only thing that was flowing through his mind was what he was speaking. Nothing but formulas and solutions... When the bell rang, he only grunted to let us know he could leave.

I walked her out of the class again. Alexander sauntered out of the class. I didn't have to listen to him in order to hear the curse words he was throwing at me mentally. This brought up a smug feeling in me.

I glanced down at her schedule after she pulled it out. She had Mr Grady. Christopher and I were in this class with her. Great... Now I had to listen to his obsessive thoughts. Oh well...

I walked behind her as we headed for the elevators. She stepped into one beside Christopher and I entered behind her.

Hello Matt... I rolled my eyes at his mental greeting. He chuckled making Amorette look back at him oddly. The elevator closed and with just the three of us within the elevator, her scent drenched the air. I sighed almost inaudiably.

We stepped out on the fourth floor and walked to spanish class. We sat in our seats and Mr Grady pointed her a seat in between us. Christopher's thoughts fluttered excitedly. I rolled my eyes and let out an exasperated sigh. Her heart fluttered against her chest when she sat close to him. The class filed into their seats and Mr Grady started class.

"Buenos días, class." He called out. There were inarticulate replies mumbled throughout the class. The rest of class was a lecture on the Spaniards in America. I tuned it out and forced myself into Amorette's mind again. I felt a little selfish using her quietening mind to my advantage, but at least it kept out Christopher's captivation.

Mr Grady's rambling lecture didn't tune anything out. Hell, even he was thinking about Amorette. All of the other males were still thinking like hormonal idiots. Most of them weren't human and they could smell her... I'm sure she is just as appetizing to a shifter or a were-creature as she is to a vampire.

This class passed almost too quickly. When it ended, we went to lunch. I plopped down at my regular table. Normally it was just Christopher and I, but I had a feeling that I would be sitting alone. When Christopher sat in front of me, I was utterly shocked.

"What... Not sitting with Amorette...?" He ignored me. Then suddenly a vision of Alexander cornering her flashed through my mind. I looked back and saw her sitting alone. Her thoughts were jumbled and at a distance it was hard to enter her mind. Despite that, I could hear Alexander's loud and clear. He was strutting up to her table pompously.

Christopher's eyes followed mine and I had to hold him in his seat. "Don't." I warned. And let him- He started. I didn't allow him to finish his thought, "Geraldine is on his way..." I whispered. I could tell that Christopher didn't like it, but he didn't need to get into a fight over him.

Alexander leaned over her, "Hello again." She jumped and looked up at him; fear was evident in her eyes.

"What do you want?" Her voice quivered ever-so-slightly, making him laugh. Christopher's nostrils flared, so I firmed my grip. He reached out as if to touch her face. I hand to anchor Christopher down even more.

She yanked away from him, "If you are only here to touch my face or flirt with me, then please leave me alone." Her voice wavered a bit at the end. I heard Christopher's teeth clamp shut. I hushed him as I listened for Mr Geraldine's footsteps. I knew he was on his way, due to a follow up vision. The second they started talking, I saw Geraldine interrupting them.

"Come on, don't be like that..." He sat next to her and forced her to scoot over uncomfortably. I almost jumped to my feet at this myself, but a sense of complacent pride covered me. I ignored Christopher's anger. I had to; it had begun to seep into the atmosphere. I didn't need Christopher's talent to feel it.

"Alexander." His voice was stern and authorative. I could hear a curse word or two cross Alexander's mind when he realized that he was busted. "I thought I told you to stay away from Miss Lynne."

"I was merely trying to talk to her. I wasn't going to harm-" He wasn't allowed to finish.

"Did I or did I not tell you to stay away from her?" I could feel Christopher's rigid posture grow more relaxed under my hand. Alexander muttered out an inarticulate retort. "I'm sorry, what was that?"

"Yes..." His voice was whispery.

"A little louder, I didn't catch that."

"Yes! Damn..." Alexander threw up his hands, an exasperated look playing on his face.

Geraldine's eyes were on him again. "My office... Now." Alexander flung himself off of the bench and followed behind the headmaster. I could see Demitri shaking his head in disappointment from the corner of my eyes. Amorette let out a shaky breath, picked up her tray, dumped it in the trash, and left. Most likely headed to her next class.

That bastard...
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a very long and difficult chapter to write. In total, it took me three days in all to write. Gah! Christopher's POV was easier to write from. I dabbled in Mathew's POV at the end of this chapter. He was difficult to view from, but it was fun. Geraldine was quite a bad ass in this chapter. I love how he is thrown up as a threat. Mathew's talents have truly been revealed in this chapter. His visions may not be clear, and some of his POV may not be completely sensical. Alexander is quite a pompous jerk, and it definitely shows through. I am going to have to explore Demitri's sooner or later. Maybe in the next two chapters or so..