The Children of the Moon

Two

The Night of Blood baths


Kamaria was standing in the hospital with her lab coat—tainted red—as she stares into the now empty room, “Get this room clean up for the next patient,” she murmured to a nurse who stood beside her. The nurse nodded and quickly went inside to clean the room. Kamaria turns around and walks towards the front desk, “Evening, Dr. Stones,” a male nurse greeted. Kamaria nodded her head at him, “Evening Phil,” she said. “Rough day?” the nurse – Phil – asked. Kamaria nodded her head, “Yeah,” she sighed.

“Dr. Stones to the ER, Dr. Stones to the ER,” a voice broke through the PA system. “That’s your cue,” Phil joked. Kamaria mocked saluted at him and quickly walked to the ER. “Dr. Stones a family of four was in a car crash three in minor condition while the fourth one needs to be operated on,” A nurse said. Kamaria nodded her head and got herself ready. After tying her hair back, into a shower cap and covered her face with a medical mask she walked into the operation room to see a four year old lying still on the bed barely breathing and a metal pole stuck into her stomach.

Hours later through the operation the four year old was starting to lose a lot of blood but Kamaria quickly ordered a nurse to bring O+ blood bags from the storage room. Finally, Kamaria finished and the four year old survived the operation. “Good job Dr. Stones,” the nurse smiled at her. Kamaria sighed heavily her now clean coat was coated with blood; Phil saw her coat and laughed, “Wow, Doc, you are a walking night of blood baths,” Phil joked. Kamaria smiled at him and her cell rang, “Sorry, hold on Phil,” Kamaria said and pulled out her cell phone.

She saw that it was Jabari, “Hello?” she asked. “We are not alone,” she heard Jabari’s voice at the other line. Kamaria was silent and looked over to Phil---who tried to eavesdrop at her conversation---“On my way,” She murmured. “WAIT! No don’t come, we can handle it here. They don’t know what we are yet, plus we are going to change our classes to have them together,” Jabari replied hurriedly. Kamaria shakes her head and sighs heavily, “Fine be safe Jabari and tell Jafari it was time to meet his one’s promised and to not let him go, because they will fight and get what is theirs,” Kamaria said in a low voice. “Yes sister,” she heard Jabari’s short reply before hanging up.

Kamaria shakes her head and walks back to Phil, “You have a new patient, she’s in room 421 on the third floor,” Phil said. “You come with me,” Kamaria said and Phil nodded. They walked down the hall and towards the elevator. Phil pressed the down button, both stepped in and yet again Phil pressed the number 3. “How have you been Dr. Stones?” Phil asked to make small talk. Kamaria always liked Phil’s attitude towards her even though he’s five years apart; “Good,” Kamaria smiled at him. He smiled back and stepped out of the elevator after reaching the third floor, “Right this way Doctor,” Phil teased. Kamaria chuckled as she followed Phil towards room 421.

Reaching the door Kamaria knocked softly before entering; she poked her head in and saw the plainest female she has ever since and a very complex pale guy. They both raised an eye brow at Kamaria, “Aren’t you supposed to be in school and not playing doctor?” the male questioned. The girl gasp, “Edward!” Kamaria only smiled at him, “Just remember who’s seeing your girlfriend here,” Kamaria said and took a step closer to the female with a stethoscope in view, “Phil can you get the clip board,” Kamaria ordered.

Phil nodded and walked out; “So,” the male – Edward – stated. Kamaria didn’t say anything and pretended to listen to her breathing and the beating of her heart, “Here you go Dr. Stones,” Phil said coming in the room with a silver clip board. “Thank you Phil,” Kamaria said taking the clip board away from Phil. “Miss Hearts, I need you to remove your clothing and into this hospital gown, we are going to use a CAT scan on you,” Kamaria said and wrote down the necessary information. “Mr. Edward here will stay with us the in the tomography room while you are in the machine,” Kamaria said not looking up.

Phil saw the distress look Edward gave Kamaria, “Don’t worry Mr. Edward, your girlfriend is in good hands, Dr. Stones here had saved thousands of lives before coming to Fredericksburg,” Phil smiled. Edward’s eye brow shut up, “Yes, I have. I been a doctor since I turned fifteen, graduated high school early back where I was from, went to college the day after and completed six years of study under a two week period,” Kamaria said not once glancing up from the clip board to which she was writing down Hearts’s information.

“Please get dressed,” Kamaria said as she pushed out Edward and Phil out the door along with her. “So---you were sixteen when you finished your courses?” Edward asked. “Yes,” Kamaria answer was short. “Did you study under anyone?” He asked. Kamaria shakes her head, “No, I have been studying solo, and have received Best Medical Doctor of the Year in Good Samaritan Hospital,” Kamaria sighs. “Phil, you may go back to your station,” Kamaria turned to look at him. Phil nodded his head and started to head towards the elevator until he stopped and looked back at her, “I will get you a coffee after you’re done with them, your brothers are going to be out soon from school,” Phil said.

Kamaria raised an eye brow at him, “How would you know?”

“Sister goes to the same school.”

“I see.”

“I’m ready,” Kamaria turned back to look at the plain girl gave her a curt nod and led them to the tomography room. “Hello,” Kamaria greeted the nurses there. “Hello Dr. Stones,” the first nurse greeted. “Miss Hearts is here for a CAT scan, something is in her Circulatory system,” Kamaria said.

The Mistaken Look


Jafari, Jabari and Jill were sitting at their usual lunch table discussing about English III class work when Jabari felt stares. He looked around – making sure Jafari and Jill weren’t paying attention – and found Bryant’s group staring at them with a small glare. Bryant was in the group but looking at Jafari with a heartbroken look that crushed Jabari. He shook his head, ‘He’s giving me the mistaken look again Jabari,’ Jafari’s voice resounded his mind. ‘Never mind him Jafari, just stay close to me or to Jill,’ Jabari said.

“Hey Jill, can I ask you a question?” Jafari asked. Bryant ---being a werewolf---heard his voice causing his heart to thump loudly in his chest. Jill giggled behind her hands, “You kind of did silly, but you can ask another one,” she said causing Jafari to smile brightly at her. Bryant glared at her, ‘This bitch,’ he thought. Jafari became nervous making his brother to raise an eye brow at him, “Do-Do you-you want to be my girlfriend?” Jafari asked nervously looking away from her. Bryant’s heart broke when he saw Jill’s mouth forming into a smile; “Of course!” she said and tackled Jafari in a hug. He caught her and laughed at her silliness. “Bryant, look at him dude, he’s happy,” Paul called out.

Bryant looked down with a tear running down his cheek, “I know,” he murmured. Leo – who finally caught up with the news of Bryant’s mate being another guy – patted Bryant on his shoulder, “Dude it will be fine, he later will feel the guilt in him,” Leo said. Bryant didn’t say anything but watched his mate with another person. “Plus she’s a girl, how weird is that the next day you see two guys holding hands and kissing,” Paul murmured receiving a smack on the back of the head.

Jabari shook his head at his brother, “Shit,” Jill cussed after looking into her backpack several times. “What’s wrong?” both brothers asked. “I left my notebook back in Art,” Jill bit her lip. “Go, I will stay here and guard the bags,” Jabari said and look at his brother and Jill. They both nodded and left the cafeteria. Soon after the door closed he rushed towards Bryant’s table; Paul saw this and lowly growled. “What do you want?” Paul sneered. Jabari ignored him and went straight to Bryant. “What?” Bryant snapped. “Get my brother away from her, I can see she’s up to no good,” Jabari said bluntly.

Everyone was surprised, “Wait---weren’t you glaring at me when I was staring at your brother?” Bryant asked with narrowed eyes. Jabari rolled his, “Dude, I was looking for something that Jill has, something evil,” Jabari murmured at the end but they heard. “What?” Leo asked. Jabari shakes his head, “Never mind, just do what I told you, get my brother away from Jill.” Jabari quickly reached his table and sat normally as nothing has happened when his brother and Jill came back with Jill’s notebook at hand.

“We’re back!” Jill chirped. Jabari smiled at her, “So, did you get your notebook?” Jabari asked. Jill nodded “Yep,” she said and smiled. ‘Siren,’ a warning voice resounded in Jabari’s head. “I knew it!” He shouted. “You knew what?” Jafari asked. Jabari smacked his forehead, “I completely forgot an assignment, you know from that class we three don’t have together,” Jabari tried. Jafari gave him a confused look, “Math?” he asked. Jabari nodded his head and gathered his things “Yeah math and I need to go---so yeah---later!” He called over his shoulder and left the cafeteria.

“I’m so stupid, why didn’t I think of that at the first place, a damn Siren. They can only put on a spell on taken men,” Jabari murmured. He pulled out his phone and dialed the only number he needed the most, “Hey, Marx,” Jabari spoke into the cell.

Jafari was confused as he stared after his brother, ‘What is he up to?’ Jafari thought. A hand snapped him out of his trance and looked down at Jill, “Do you want to skip school?” Jill smiled at him while walking to their last class of the day. Jafari knew something was up with her, but it attracts him to her. Jafari smiled at her and shakes his head, “No can do, Jill dear. Sissy will be mad if I do,” Jafari said. Jill pouted at him, “Please?” she questions. Jafari looked around and spotted Bryant’s group laughing and joking with each other. He saw an arm over Bryant’s shoulder making his blood boil in anger, ‘Mine,’ he growled into his mind.

Jafari shakes his head and looks back at Jill, “Sorry Jill, I can’t,” Jafari said. Jill huffed and glared elsewhere. “Hey Jill,” someone called. Jill smiled brightly at the said person, “Hey Chase!” she greeted. Jafari shrugs off her interest of the guy and stands up, “I will see you later Jill,” Jafari said and walked away. After exiting the class his head was pounding, shutting his eyes and sliding to the floor Jafari was experiencing his first headache of the year. ‘What the hell?’ Jafari thought.

Bryant saw Jafari’s body on the floor cringing once in the while, while rubbing his temples. Bryant walks over towards him, “Hey are you okay?” He asks worriedly. Jafari’s head shot up, Bryant saw his dark brown eyes that he fell in love with. “What are you doing here?” Jafari asked. “I wanted to know if you were okay, I saw you sitting here cringing in pain,” Bryant said. Jafari sighs heavily, “I just have a headache that’s all,” Jafari mumbles. Bryant sits down next to him and started to massage his temples, “My mother always did this to me when I always have headaches,” Bryant says. Jafari held back the threatening blush after feeling Bryant’s touch but he couldn’t help it but let out a low purr of content.

Bryant heard it and smiled at him feeling content, finally touching his mate and talking to him, “You know, I sometimes wonder if I choose the right person to be mine,” Jafari mumbles. Bryant’s heart broke once more remembering he had just asked out Jill. “Why is that?” Bryant asked. Jafari shrugs, “I don’t know, I just feel something bad in Jill, and when I’m away from her I feel relief,” Jafari says making Bryant’s heart swell in hope. “Maybe she wasn’t the right person,” Bryant said and he had notice that he stopped massaging his temples but still kept his hands on his head.

“Yeah I guess you’re right, I mean there is someone out there for you,” Jafari says and leans into Bryant’s palms, “More,” he mumbles and Bryant continues. Not far Jabari witness the scene with a small smile on his face; “So are they together?” he heard a voice behind him. Jafari turned to face one of Bryant’s friends. He was muscular, short black hair, brown eyes and a bit shorter than that Leo guy. “Not yet,” Jafari murmurs and turns to look at his brother. “Paul,” the guy greeted. “Jafari,” Jafari murmurs.

“It’s kind of weird to see your childhood friend coming out the closet all because of one guy,” Paul murmurs. Jafari nods his head, “I understand, Jafari wasn’t gay, he had many girlfriends back in Los Angeles, but never he dated a guy. Not till your friend came along,” Jafari said. “Los Angeles? Why are here in Fredericksburg?” Paul questions. “Sister’s job transferred her over here,” Jafari lied. Paul nodded his head, “So you sister, younger or older?” Paul asked with a taunting smirk. Jabari glared at him, “If I barely wanted Bryant getting my brother what makes you any better with my sister?” Jabari asked.

Paul shrugs his shoulders and looked at Bryant, “He really likes your brother, he never really had a lover that was a guy,” Paul said. He knew if one of his pack members hear him they will never let it down, “Hello?” his thoughts were cut off by Jabari’s voice, “Yeah why?” he asked. Paul looked over to see Jabari on his phone looking very distressed, “No, he’s not accepting him,” Jabari said. ‘Wait---what?’ Paul thought. He poked his pinky in his ears and tried to get rid of whatever it’s stopping from hearing the other line. “Yeah, he’s not doing that---Oh come on! Sissy, do you really think he will?” Jabari was getting agitated a normal trait for a wolf, ‘But Jabari isn’t one,’ Paul thought.

“Fine,” Jabari grumbled and hung up. He turned to look at Paul only not to see him there anymore. He shrugs and walks towards the content gay couple. “Sorry, Bryant, I need to borrow my brother. Family emergency---but hey you can come over if you want. My sissy, makes a lot of food just enough to feed thirteen people and still gives them fourths,” Jabari ranted gathering his brother in his arms. Bryant was confused but nodded his head, “Sure where do you live?” Bryant asked. “403 O’Kane Street,” Jafari answered. ‘That’s the border line,’ Bryant thought. “I will see if I can come,” Bryant replied. “Great! If you can, you can bring your whole friends!” Jabari grinned at Bryant.

Jafari turned to his brother after walking away, “What family emergency?” Jafari asked. “A Siren has been spotted,” Jabari sighs. “What? Who is it?” Jafari asked worried and angered. “Jill,” Jabari bluntly answered. Jafari stopped in his tracks;

“What?”

“Jill is the Siren.”

“But she’s-,”

“Your girlfriend, yes I know.”

“Sirens only take the ta-Fuck!”

“Now, you understand,” Jabari asked. Jafari was angered with Jill and with himself---mostly Jill---for falling for those tricks. ‘I should have known, Sirens only take the taken,’’ Jafari thought. “Come on bro let’s go home, Kamaria is already waiting for us,” Jabari said.

Paul had left Jafari with confusion as he walks to his car and towards Sam’s house. Finally reaching at the house he saw the whole pack was there and Bryant was grinning like a fool, “That’s great that you found your mate Bryant” Paul heard Sam say. “Does he know already?” Paul asked. “About Bryant finding his mate,” Sam nodded his head. While Jace shook his head, “Not other news,” Jace murmured. Sam whipped his head towards Jace, “What other news?” Sam asked. Paul rubbed his neck while looking at Bryant; he was still grinning.

“What other news?” Sam asked with stern in his voice. “Bryant’s mate is a---um---ha,” Leo chuckled nervously. Sam looked at Bryant, “Bryant,” he called snapping Bryant out of his trance. “Huh?” Bryant asked. ‘Who’s your mate?” Sam asked. Bryant smiled brightly at him, “His name is Jafari Stones,” he said. “His name?” a female voice asked. Bryant turned to look at Sam’s mate---Delilah---and nodded. “Yeah, he is a guy,” Bryant said. “So, you’re gay?” Sam asked Bryant. Bryant frown and shook his head, “Oh hell no, but I guess because the Moon Goddess choose him as my mate,” Bryant said.

“Oh speaking of Stones, I was hearing Jabari’s conversation on the phone but I heard nothing important,” Paul shrugs. “Then why were you listening?” Jace asked. Paul gave him a look, “But I heard NOTHING important,” Paul said. “Wait---you heard nothing?” Sam asked. Paul nodded his head, “Yeah, I only heard Jabari’s side because he was right next to me but the other line---nothing,” Paul said. “What was he saying?” Sam asked. Paul racked his brain, “Something about he’s not accepting him?” Paul said in confusion. Sam and everyone were confused.

“Oh, before I forget, don’t eat anything yet!” Bryant said hurriedly. Sam gave him a questionable look, “Jafari and Jabari invited all of us to their house for dinner, Jabari said that his sister makes a lot of food--,” “We’re in!” most of the pack shouted cutting off Bryant. Sam glared at them, “No we are not,” Sam said. Bryant whined, “Aw, come on, it’s my mate’s house, and he invited us all!” Bryant protested. “I would love to meet him and his family,” Delilah smiled at Sam. Sam sighs heavily, “Fine,” he grumbled and the whole pack cheered. “Plus, it’s a plus for me, I don’t have to cook tonight,” Delilah smirked.

Sam laughed while the rest gave her a pouted look. Bryant was excited about this dinner; ‘I can’t wait,’ Bryant thought. Paul saw the looks everyone was giving, “Oh,” Paul said and pulled his backpack over his shoulder, “I got this from Jill,” Paul said causing Sam to growl, “What did I say, Jill is no good,” Sam said. “Yeah I know, but um---she just gave me this as a warning for Bryant,” Paul said and handed Bryant a note. Bryant read it and paled but soon was shaking in anger. Bryant walked out of Sam’s house and into the forest; Paul reached down and read the letter.

“What does it says?” Jace asked. Paul looked at the note with a blank expression “Paul?” Sam called. “It says, Bryant, don’t try to get Jafari back. He’s under the Siren spell, which is an unbreakable bond just like you and your imprintee; we need each other each day. Jafari is mine and not yours, I have taken Jafari away from you and he and I will seal the bonding tonight, Jill,” Paul read. After reading the note everyone rushed towards Jafari’s house following Bryant’s scent. ‘This isn’t going to end well,’ Paul thought with a sigh.