Status: Done, sorry I quit

Not Your Average Possession

Chapter 10

I woke up again to find myself in a bed. I looked around and saw I was alone in the room. My body ached all over. I figured I must have passed out again. Way to make a good impression, Lucas, I though to myself. I sat up and saw that I was still in the clothes I had on last time. I got up out of the bed and headed towards the door. There were no windows in this room, just a small white bed, a bedside table, and a lamp on top. I wondered if I was still in the exorcism place, I called it that because I had forgotten the word for what it was called.

I had just walked out the door and down the hallway it opened up into and soon hit the waiting room that Crystal and I were in earlier. Wait, how much earlier? How long had I been out? Where was everyone? The receptionist desk was empty and I saw no clock on it.

"I should get out of here..." I mumbled quietly to myself. I went to the exit and had difficulties pulling open the door but eventually got it open. It was so old, this whole building was old, hell, this whole town was old.

There was no activity on the streets at all. Weird, it was a Friday night, or at least I thought it was, and it didn't seem too late either, maybe around nine. I got back to my apartment fairly quickly since the office wasn't all too far from it. I finally was able to check the time and date. I was right, it was a Friday night. That meant I had been out for at least three hours.

"Not too much can happen in three hours, right?" I said to no one in particular.

Then suddenly a voice said, "Oh you'd be surprised."

"Who was that? Who are you? Where are you? Show yourself!" I screamed, totally scared and caught off guard. I looked all around me in a circle but saw no one.

"Shh, stop yelling, there's no need for it, you don't need to be afraid," the voice said again. "Let me ask you this, who do you think I am? Where do you think I am?"

Are you serious? You've got to be kidding me!" I sighed angrily, "You are the demon inside of me, aren't you?"

"I knew there was some intelligence in there!" it snickered.

"Can you please stop insulting the form that is carrying you around, please?" I whispered, overwhelmed by the discovery that the voice could talk to me. I doubt anyone else would be able to hear it though.

"Sorry, I should introduce myself, my name is Azura." the voice now called Azura said.

"So, Azura, what are you doing here with me? What made you choose me? I think you should tell me everything, after all, you sort of owe me, you're using my body and killing it too. I think I deserve answers. Correct answers." I said rudely to him, in no way was I glad. "And where is everyone? Usually the town is buzzing at this time of night."

"Well, I think you should sit down for this..." it, or Azura, said. You've got to be kidding me. This should be good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Likey? No likey? Anything? At all? I love comments! And recommendations! And subscriptions! What do you think is going to happen? I love writing this story, it's fun!