Status: Done, sorry I quit

Not Your Average Possession

Chapter 8

I couldn't bring myself to look the father in the eye. I felt like if I did I would burn up. Hell, being in this building made me feel like I was going to burn. I wanted to get this demon out of me though. If I didn't, I would die. So I guess I will have to put up with this, I thought.

"Thank you, father." Crystal said politely.

I could hear some uncertainty in her voice but she managed to cover it up pretty well. I wondered if she saw the way the father looked at me? I didn't have much time to mill over my thoughts when I heard the father speak to me.

"I'm sorry?" I mumbled, embarrassed that I wasn't paying attention and didn't hear what he said.

"I asked you how long ago it was that you discovered that you were possessed." he said with an unimpressed voice.

"Oh," I stuttered, "I found out this morning when I ran into Crystal. I was on my way to class when I literally ran into her and ended up pushing her to the ground after seeing the cross around her neck. After, we went to her place and she pressed a crucifix to my forehead, hence the mark."

"Crystal, I know you wanted to do the right thing," he said to her while still examining me, "but you could have seriously gotten hurt. He could have attacked you or the demon might have exited his body and entered yours."

"I know, father, but I have been possessed before. I didn't want him to go through what I went through." she replied.

"You did good by bringing him here though." he told her.

God, could we just get this over with already! I don't want to be here any longer than I have to! My face must be pretty bad looking, I thought, with the mark from the crucifix and my very unimpressed looking face.

"Alright, Lucas, if you could just sit down on that chair over there," he said while motioning with his hands to a chair with hand and leg cuffs attached to it. "and we will get this thing started."

"You've got to be kidding me..." I mumbled silently to myself knowing that Crystal heard me. How could I have missed that chair! It's so obvious! She shot me a worried look that also said, 'I have no idea what's going to happen.' I walked over to the chair and sat down, hoping for the best. I looked back up at Crystal after sitting down. Her eyes. They were probably the most beautiful color I had ever seen. Amber. They were all I could look at. They calmed me down and distracted me from the father cuffing my hands and legs.

"Okay, now Lucas, in a few minutes we will do some tests on you to see what we have to do. I will go get my supplies from the other room then I will come back and we will get started." he told me.

I nodded to him and just sat there looking at Crystal trying to keep calm.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you guys like it? Any suggestions, comments? Please subscribe and recommend!