Status: Finished!

Lone Survivors

Goes Both Ways

I wandered around the prison, searching for Daryl and reconsidering Merle’s words. Come the end of our conversation I felt like Merle was willing to risk too much, and I didn’t want him to. If worse comes to worst, Daryl would lose his big brother again. I couldn’t see him deal with that. Besides, Merle wasn’t too bad after all…

“Daryl,” I called out, finally finding him patrolling in the yard with his crossbow. He turned and smiled when he saw me. “You busy?” I reached him and pecked his cheek.

“Just keepin’ watch. Why?” Daryl answered.

“I’m a bit bored and want to pass some time with you,” I whispered in my best sultry tone. “Can you get someone else to take over?”

“Of course,” he grinned, leading the way back inside the building. “Glenn!” Daryl’s shout bounced around the walls.

“Yeah?” Glenn called out, coming around a corner.

“Cover me?” Daryl asked with a nod in the direction of the yard. Glenn looked at us before giving a knowledgeable chuckle.

“Of course,” he answered. Daryl led me out of the room and up the stairs to our watchtower.

“You got a deal with Glenn or somethin’?” I wondered, making Daryl laugh.

“I do, actually. Goes both ways,” he replied. Once inside our room, his crossbow and quiver were set down in record speed, and he took his shirt off to reveal his chiselled torso. I tried to not think about Merle kidnapping Michonne as I made my way into Daryl’s arms, smothering him with hot kisses. His calloused fingers trailed beneath my shirt and caressed my lower back. I pulled him down onto a mattress and got on top, making Daryl grin. His hands moved down to my pants and started to tug at the button.

“You know what, I can’t,” I remarked, pulling away quickly from his keen fingers.

“What?”

“I- It’s just- It’s Merle,” I stuttered as I sat next to him. Could I really tell him?

What?” Daryl repeated, clearly utterly confused with my nonsense. He had propped himself up on his elbows and his eyes were filled with concern.

“No, I mean… He promised me not to tell, but he’s off to do something stupid,” I blurted, giving in and doing what I truly felt was right. Daryl’s eyes widened as if he was putting things together in his head and realising I was right. “You have to stop him.”

“Damn it, Mandy!” Daryl hissed as he got up. He picked up a nicely folded shirt and hastily pulled it on. I could feel the guilt sinking in my stomach as he angrily grabbed his bow. Either way, a Dixon was going to be mad at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, you're probably hating me for cutting that scene off XD

Sorry for no update last weekend - I had a rush of assessments and have only been able to update now. So there won't be one tomorrow, just one next week on (hopefully) the usual day.

Thanks to Pull_The_Trigger, TBPFelton18, HotRanger69, and Dixonskitten for the lovely comments on the last chapter!