Status: Just Starting.

One in the Same

Chapter One

Star

It's been a week since our Mother told us we were getting shipped off to live with our Father. I think it's totally absurd and ridiculous. Growing up, we've never even so much as heard a word about him and now when we become a little too hard to handle, she immediately sends us off to him?

It hurts knowing I'm the only one that feels like this. Skylar is excited or should I say a little too excited. Mom told her that he's a drummer and that's where she gets her talent from. If he plays guitar then maybe it won't be so bad.

"Star, you like the band 'Avenged Sevenfold' right?" Skylar asked while barging into my room.

That made me roll my eyes, but I nodded, "Yes, why?"

She couldn't contain the grin that was forming on her lips, "Our Daddy is The Rev!" She squealed out and I shook my head, refusing to believe that this information could actually be true.

Skylar wasn't joking though. "Here read this." She handed me her phone and it was on Wikipedia. I looked at the name and sure enough The Rev's real name was James Sullivan. He was a drummer and he lived in Huntington Beach California.

"I look like him, don't I?!" Skylar said while posing like an idiot.

I looked at his picture and back at her. She wasn't joking though, she looked identical to him. Blue eyes, same nose. She had dirty blonde hair and he had black though. Just by looking at the picture, I felt like that wasn't his natural hair color.

"Girls! Are you all packed up? Your flight leaves in an hour!" Mom shouted from downstairs and we both yelled back a 'yeah'. Skylar and I packed up the rest of our stuff while listening to Avenged Sevenfold. Skylar wants to know everything about them.

Saying good-bye to Mom wasn't really hard. I'm angry with her, because of how fast she just gave up on us. She tried to give us a speech saying she loves us and just doesn't know what to do anymore. I just think that's a load of crap.

We got on the plane and I put my ear buds in, planning on drowning my sister out the whole way there. I love her to death and I would take a bullet for her, but I just think she's getting a little too excited about this. Guns N' Roses started blaring through my ears and I closed my eyes.

I woke up to Skylar shaking me awake. My iPod was no longer on and she had a huge smile on her face, "We're here!"

A sigh escaped my lips as I rose to my feet. My neck was really stiff and my leg was asleep. We grabbed our carry ons and got off of the plane. Skylar was practically running and it was hard for me to keep up due to my leg being half asleep.

We got into the main area of the airport and Skylar immediately started scanning for him. I decided to go take a seat on one of the benches. That plane ride was pretty tiring.

I took a seat next to a guy who had on a black leather jacket, some dark jeans, and he had a skull beanie on his head. I couldn't see his eyes since he had black aviators over them.

A loud sigh escaped my lips as my butt hit the bench. The guy chuckled and lowered his glasses now revealing his chocolate eyes, "Rough flight?"

"You can say that.." I said while shrugging my shoulders a bit.

He nodded, "I know all about that. Flying is the worst."

This made me curious, "You travel a lot?"

"You can say that." He said with a smirk on his lips.

I chuckled and before I could say another thing, I was cut off by my sister, "STAR! I FOUND HIM!"

"BRIAN! I FOUND THEM!"

The guy, now identified as Brian looked in the same direction I was looking. Skylar was running over to me with 'The Rev' trailing behind. They both had the same facial expressions.

Once they caught up to us, Skylar grinned at me, "Star, this is our Dad." She gestured to the tall man standing beside her. I knew he was The Rev and found it a little weird that he was actually our Father. I've had dreams about my father and never really thought he would be a drummer. Not that it's a bad thing.

Our 'Dad' pulled me into a tight embrace, "Aw, Star! It's so good to finally meet you. I just want you girls to know that I love you so much and I'm so happy you're going to be living with me now."

I wiggled my way out of his grip, "You love us, but yet you never contacted us over the years." I sneered.

Skylar glared at me, "Star!"

James shook his head, "No, it's okay. Star is right. I haven't contacted you guys, but you gotta know why. Your Mother didn't want me to contact you guys. It was all her decision."

"Hm." I said, not really caring at the moment.

He decided to change the subject, "Well Skylar, Star, this is Brian. He's one of my best friend's, so he's like an Uncle to you guys. I got 3 other guys you have to meet as well. They're all waiting at the house for us."

Brian gave me a small smile and did the same to Skylar. We decided to go get all of our luggage. I picked up my guitar case that was plastered in rock stickers and Brian smiled as he took it for me, "You play?"

I nodded, "Been playing since I was 4."

"Does your sister play?" He asked curiously.

I looked over at Skylar who was having a nice chat with our newly found Father. They were laughing and giggling. That made me roll my eyes and I shook my head, "Nope. She's a drummer."

Brian chuckled, "That explains a lot."

We got the rest of our baggage and headed to his car. Brian was loading all of our stuff in the back of an SUV and I decided to ask him a question that's been kind of bugging me.

"Does he play guitar?" I asked, kind of already knowing my answer.

Brian frowned, "Who, Jimmy?"

I nodded, now knowing that they call him 'Jimmy' not James. Brian shook his head, confirming my answer. "I mean he knows how to play, but he's a drummer."

A sigh escaped my lips and Brian nudged my shoulder, "It's cool. He's not going to hate you because you like playing guitar and not drums."

"I just wish I would have something in common with him. I mean look at Skye and him. They've known each other for not even 5 seconds and they're already like father and daughter." I said while crossing my arms over my chest.

Brian nudged me, "Just give it some time. Jimmy is a really nice guy and he's really happy to have you guys here. Besides if you need any guitar tips, come to me."

A smile formed on my lips, "You play?"

"They don't call me Synyster Gates for nothing." He said while smirking and I was remembering that he was the lead guitar player for Avenged Sevenfold.

We got to his house pretty fast due to his excessive speeding. Nothing I wasn't used to tough. Mom drives like a maniac too. All the way to his house I just heard Jimmy and Skye talking about the drums.

He pulled into a driveway that belongs to a pretty big house. I actually couldn't even believe the size. Our house back home was nothing compared to this.

I stepped out of the SUV and Jimmy smiled at us, "We can get your stuff later. I want you to meet some people."

Skylar nudged me, "Isn't he great?"

"Yeah, just so great." I said sarcastically and followed Jimmy inside the house. We got met by 3 guys standing in the doorway. I tried to think hard and if my thinking was correct. The buff guy that seems kind of scary is M. Shadows. The really short one is Johnny Christ and the other one with really green eyes is Zacky Vengeance.

Jimmy pointed at the guys, "Skye, Star, this is Matt, Johnny, and Zack. They are your other Uncles." All of them said a nice hello to us and I realized Jimmy called Skylar, Skye. A frown formed on my lips at that. Only our Mom and myself called her that.

We all piled into the living room which had plenty of room. They were all asking us questions about us growing up and stuff. Zack was smiling at Skylar, "You look so much like your Dad!"

All of the other guys agreed and I just sat there quietly knowing I didn't look anything like him. I guess I looked like my Mom. Skylar and I are fraternal twins, so we don't really look a like except we have the same facial structure.

Matt was eying me, "Are you a drummer like your sister?"

"Nope, I play guitar." I said, while rubbing my hands on my jeans.

Zack grinned at me and gave me a thumbs up, "Right on!"

That made me chuckle a bit and Jimmy who was no where to be found a minute ago, appeared in the living room. "I just ordered some pizzas, I hope y'all are hungry!"

I couldn't understand how he could be so hyper and happy all the time. I guess I see where Skye gets it from. I decided to excuse myself to the bathroom and Jimmy pointed it out towards me.

Once I was in the bathroom, I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I had dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. I looked nothing like Jimmy. Skylar on the other hand looked so much like him. I was actually starting to feel a little jealous. That just gives them another thing they have in common. I can already see how this living arrangement is going to go. I'm going to be the kid that gets left out all the time.

"Hey, Star. I wanted to see if you wanted to show me some of your guitar skills?" Brian asked while giving a couple of knocks on the door.

I took a deep breath and exhaled, "Sure."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the following people who left comments on the previous chapter:
fienix66613
Suck My Kiss.
Issues
kierstlovesyou
recluse-
You guys are amazing! ♥

I'm loving the feedback I'm getting and I just want you to know that I pretty much have the next 10 chapters all planned out, so there should be more updates from me soon. (: