Status: Just Starting.

One in the Same

Chapter Seven

Star

A week had passed.

Ever since the BBQ, Brian has been ignoring me. Whenever he was over, I would try to speak to him, but he would just walk away. It was getting really annoying. It makes me wonder why he doesn't want to tell me who my Father is. Maybe the guy is a criminal or something.

I was playing Walk by Pantera on my guitar and I was hitting the wrong notes, because I was going way to fast. I kept groaning and finally it got so bad, I just gave up. I tossed my guitar aside and laid my head back onto my pillow.

"Just keep trying." That was the voice that I was trying to get to talk to me for the longest time. I raised my head and sat up, making sure I wasn't hearing anything.

Brian was standing there with his arms crossed across his chest, he seemed kind of sorry, I couldn't exactly place the emotion that was displaying on his face.

He took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of his nose, "Look, I'm sorry I've been ignoring you. I just needed some time to think." I kept quiet, I just want to know one thing and I'm not sure if he's going to say it.

"I know who your real Father is, but Star, your Father is Jimmy. Nothing is going to change that. Your Mother wants it this way."

This was starting to make me angry, "What about what I want? What if I want to be with my real Father? No one can stop me!"

Brian didn't say anything, he just stared at me. Almost as if he was trying to tell me something. I rolled my eyes, getting agitated, "What? Does my Father not want me? That's it, isn't it?"

He shook his head on an instant, "No, your Father wants you. He wishes you could know that he was your Father. He wants to raise you, but he made a promise to Your Mother and Jimmy."

Tears were filling up in my eyes and I wasn't sure why. I wiped my eyes, before any of them could fall, "Brian, please. I hate living here. I hate trying to fit in, when I know I never will. I just want to have that father/daughter bond, I want it with my real Father, so please just tell me." A tear rolled down my cheek.

Brian walked over to me in 3 strides. He sat on the bed and carefully took me in his arms. He rubbed my back soothingly, "I want to tell you so bad. I can't do that to them, though. Please, just give me some more time. Maybe I can talk some sense into Jimmy."

He sounded sincere, so I couldn't really deny him. I sighed into his chest, "Okay, just please no more ignoring me. You're the only one who understands me."

"Don't worry, there won't be any more of that. I think I understand you better than yourself." He said with a light chuckle.

***


Skylar

Finally, I wasn't grounded anymore. After the BBQ, Jimmy grounded me, which I deserved. He said he still loves me and this didn't affect our relationship, only if I wouldn't lie to him anymore.

I looked at the clock on my night stand and the numbers said it was 1:32am. A sigh escaped my lips, since today was the official day I was off being grounded, I really wanted to play my drums. There's no way anyone can be up, maybe Star, but that's because of her insomnia.

I tip-toed out of my bedroom quietly. I started walking down the stars slowly. I had to stop when I heard voices from the living room.

"Jimmy, I need to tell Star." Brian said.

This made Jimmy flip out, "Are you out of your fucking mind, Brian?! We promised Alyssa that we wouldn't say anything to her!"

"Yeah, but in the meantime it's fucking up my daughter's life!" Brian shouted and my eyes widened. Daughter?

Jimmy got quiet for a second, "What do you mean?"

"She was crying to me today, because she doesn't fit in here. Jimmy, I know you're trying to be her Father, but it's not working. I have to do something, because I don't know how much longer I can watch my own daughter suffer." Brian explained and I couldn't believe it.

Brian is Star's father.

I started to really think about it and it all made sense. They act just like each other, they have the same interests, hell they even kind of look alike.

"We can call Alyssa in the morning and see what she thinks. Right now, I need some sleep and so do you." Jimmy said in a now calmer voice.

Brian scoffed, "You know I have insomnia, dude."

"Oh my god." I muttered, he really is her father.

"Did you hear that?" Jimmy asked and my eyes widened. I ran back up the stairs and into my room. I shut the door quietly and got in my bed. I pulled the covers over and closed my eyes.

A couple minutes later I heard the door open. I laid still waiting for whoever it was to leave. I heard Jimmy whisper, "Goodnight, Skye. I love you." I smiled to myself as he closed the door.

Tomorrow, I need to tell Star about her real father. She deserves to know. Especially after all the competition with Jimmy, she will finally get that father/daughter relationship. I'm so excited for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short chapter to let you guys know that I'm still alive. lol. So how do you think Star is going to take this news?

Thanks to everyone who commented on the previous chapter! Shout-outs will continue next chapter! (: